BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ball

rookie1ja

I thought of a few solutions:

1. Throw the ball straight up into the air. It will fall back to you. I think this is the best answer because the ball won't hit anything at all.

2. Throw the ball uphill...it will roll back down to you. Questionable, I know, because the ball hits the ground.

3. Throw the ball into the ocean...the tide will bring it back to you. Again, the ball hits something...the ocean.

4. You could throw the ball into a strong wind. This one would work well with a light ball like a ping pong, beach or wiffle ball. The puzzle doesn't specify what kind of ball.

These are all my thoughts, number 1 would be my best answer though.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you not throw the ball up a slope/hill? Does that count as the ball hitting something (the ground)?

Now, it hits the ground. That does count as hitting something. So look up

Hello everybody,

I would say.... you can go in a giant funnel, stand exactly on the hole, and throw the ball wherever and as hard as you like....

tha ball has to come back to you anyway! ;)

I am assuming that we are throwing this ball on the planet Earth...so in the answer the ball can be touching air and using the force known as gravity.

One solution is to throw the ball directly into a stream of circular air (possibly a tornado/hurricane....but those are a bit dangerous) and catch it on the way back.

That's exactly what I was thinking, or if there was a strong wind and a light ball, throw it into the wind...

I thought the answer was pretty obvious: throw it straight up.

When people started getting all technical and what not, I was quite amused. No need to make this harder than it is, is there? ^_^

Throw the ball straight up and let the laws of gravity return it to you. There was nothing that said it had to leave the earth or to account for wind or anything like that.