BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It is always up never down. it circles us but does not move it is a light but it

is no lantern. It is created and destroyed, but we don't know that yet. It's been with us forever, but we don't know its name.

I'm going to let you figure this one out on your own

OMJ!!! WTH!!! Try and figure this one out!!!!!

12 answers to this question

Spoiler for 1000% kudos answer:

miasmenaforioladit LIS

you don't know it's name yet, you cant answer the question yourself - you do and you can now. I just named it for you B))

Other than that I'm with gambit - though there are some anomalies in the text I think

:rolleyes: I think the answer is God. He meets all your criteria. He is believed to live "UP" in the heavens. He surrounds us with His love and He is always with us in spirit, unmoving, so long as we have faith and believe. In the bible it is said that His countanece is so bright that no man can look upon Him without being blinded. He is the light within each of us - it may be but a flicker or a raging fire - but the light still burns within us. It is believed that man created God to serve a need by humans to explain their existence; a higher power to look up to and have faith in when they needed more that any man could possibly provide. In reality the reverse is true. God created man to have somone to worship and praise Him. The Roman's tried to destroy Him through the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, His son; but insted of faith dying, it grew miraculously for God and His Son. He has been with us always - from the beginning of time and will stay with us "from everlasting to everlasting". The only time he will leave us is if we deny Him, His existence and refuse to accept Him as God and His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ - His Son - who died for our sins that we could obtain forgiveness and be wash clean - as white as snow -from our sins. Sadly we do not know His name. When Moses asked God "Who shall I say has sent me?" God replied "Tell them I AM has sent you." This is my answer to your riddle. Even if it is incorrect, it is correct in my eyes and heart. :wub:

:rolleyes: I think the answer is God. He meets all your criteria. He is believed to live "UP" in the heavens. He surrounds us with His love and He is always with us in spirit, unmoving, so long as we have faith and believe. In the bible it is said that His countanece is so bright that no man can look upon Him without being blinded. He is the light within each of us - it may be but a flicker or a raging fire - but the light still burns within us. It is believed that man created God to serve a need by humans to explain their existence; a higher power to look up to and have faith in when they needed more that any man could possibly provide. In reality the reverse is true. God created man to have somone to worship and praise Him. The Roman's tried to destroy Him through the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, His son; but insted of faith dying, it grew miraculously for God and His Son. He has been with us always - from the beginning of time and will stay with us "from everlasting to everlasting". The only time he will leave us is if we deny Him, His existence and refuse to accept Him as God and His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ - His Son - who died for our sins that we could obtain forgiveness and be wash clean - as white as snow -from our sins. Sadly we do not know His name. When Moses asked God "Who shall I say has sent me?" God replied "Tell them I AM has sent you." This is my answer to your riddle. Even if it is incorrect, it is correct in my eyes and heart. :wub:
Hi -like the avatar and the description of your home - just to say that what you did above is caused not using a spoiler to hide your answer, that leaves it free ofr others t guess, like ansers in the back of a book

If you cld pls find the time to read the important bit in at the top of the page - its in my sig too.. i and all wld be grateful

thanks for joining us at the den

Space, I know its way out there but hear me out,

It's Always up,

Considering the fact that we need a rocket to get to it, as far as i can guess space doesn't move, we move through space, it encircles us,

space contains light, I guess that could make it a light source, Theories that concern space are constantly being created and destroyed, changing our idea of it, and we really don't know spaces name.and It's always been with us.

My other possible one is to agree with the Moon theory, other than the fact that we are aware of it's name, it fits.

All sooo close!!!

The answer is

a star or stars if you wish. It's always up never down its a light but its not a lantern its created and destroyed but we don't know that yet Its been with us forever but we don't know its name xD

Edited by defrostedice

if you define 'down' as in the direction pointing from the head to the feet of a standing person, then none of the answers really fit...and the whole not knowing it's name thing kinda doesn't make sense...we give names to things. that's what names are. matter doesn't have an intrinsic name. other than those issues, good riddle! (that's my attempt not to sound like an ogre)

All sooo close!!!

The answer is

a star or stars if you wish. It's always up never down its a light but its not a lantern its created and destroyed but we don't know that yet Its been with us forever but we don't know its name xD

The sun is a star so technically speaking “the sun” is a possible ans. right? <_<

To Gambit and Aforsy:

Gambit, the sun is a star yes, but we know its name....

Aforsy, I mean up as in direction as in we cant see it sometimes because to us, everything is "up". if we look down we look at ground yes the ___ is sometimes down, but when we see it, its up above us. yeah it has a name but most don't have a specific name eh? There is no up in space but cmon its a riddle right??

(sorry the sentence sounds so wierd tho.) I' also trying not to sound like an ogre....

xD

Edited by defrostedice