BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

Okay, just for fun, (and cuz I know how much everyone loves puzzles :D) lets see if anyone can figure out:

1. What really happened to Bb on Night Three? :blink:

2. What is the connection between Zero and the Numbers? :huh:

3. Who is Ocular-Enso? B))

For reference, here are the links (won't help you with 3 though...:P):

Prologue: The Time has Come

Rules and Intro: The Storm Arrives

Night One: Phaze Phases Out

Day One: 2B or not 2B

Night Two: Overcooked Chicken

Day Two: The End of the Beginning

Night Three: Flowers for the Dead

Day Three: Dressed to Arrest

Night Four: Saved by the Jail

Day Four: Three...Two...One...Zero

Night Five: "..."

Not expecting anyone to get 2 completely right...the secrets will continue to unfold in Belryius 8...;P

YS: why not have a 50/50 chance between being cured and just dying, dor infected people being shot with the EMP...

i.e if you're infected with nanobots and get shot with the EMP, why not have a 50% chance of being cured and changing back to your previous role, with a 50% chance that you would just be killed.

Btw, i really like the idea of the Genevron Corp people being able to change someone's vote.. :)

YS: why not have a 50/50 chance between being cured and just dying, dor infected people being shot with the EMP...

i.e if you're infected with nanobots and get shot with the EMP, why not have a 50% chance of being cured and changing back to your previous role, with a 50% chance that you would just be killed.

Btw, i really like the idea of the Genevron Corp people being able to change someone's vote.. :)

Well, the EMP is partially to kill the ANGELs themselves, since they can't be killed at night...(or else it would make their win condition way too hard). I don't like the idea of "changing back" because then the ANGELs would have no way of knowing who's infected, since it will not be announced when ppl are infected.

Well, the EMP is partially to kill the ANGELs themselves, since they can't be killed at night...(or else it would make their win condition way too hard). I don't like the idea of "changing back" because then the ANGELs would have no way of knowing who's infected, since it will not be announced when ppl are infected.

Yea good point... see i knew there was a reason i had stayed away from coming up with roles lol :)

Y-san, you're driving me crazy with #3. I have my suspicions, but I can't find the evidence anywhere! :wacko:

All I can find is an apparent red herring... :(

Your post in ABR sent me on a search through a few different threads, but I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

<_<

Y-san, you're driving me crazy with #3. I have my suspicions, but I can't find the evidence anywhere! :wacko:

Your post in ABR sent me on a search through a few different threads, but I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

<_<

yeah....what dawh said.

<_<

Lol, don't blame me...blame Ocular-Enso...once you find him ;P

Want a hint? As Shakespeare would say: What's in a name? And: A picture's worth a thousand words ;)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I was dead for almost the whole game, so I didn't have much to do other than read the story. :lol: For #1, the fate of Brandonb

AI Y-S4N's avatar took him to a different point in time. We didn't learn who the long haired female was until the end, but it did mention colored hair and in the moonlight, purple could look bluish instead. Since there was a flash of light when they disappeared, the only explanation I could think of would be that the AI came into possession of one of the Quantum Accelerator Devices somehow. In the intro, the device could only support one person traveling through time, but the AI must have been able to modify or improve upon it somehow and allow for the transporting of multiple entities. As far as where in time they went... I have no idea. Am I close?

wow it got complicated when i left lol

btw your penguin is AWESOME!

Okay, so the new Citizen roles are going to be the Corp. Rep., the EMP, whose title I'm changing to "the Extremely Mad Physicist" for storyline purposes ;P, and a new information role, kind of like a less gimp version of the Inspector, and based off Bb's addition to the Ninja in Speed Mafia:

The Respector: Has great respect for upstanding Citizens. Every night, learns the name of a random Citizen.

So he learns Citizen names instead of baddie names.

Okay, since Sinistral has so kindly offered to look over the game, here's the compilation:

The M4F14

The M4F14 are evil transformers that can take any form and become part of the cosmopolitan indigenous population. They live off the suffering of others. Win if everyone except M4F14 are dead. They know who Robbie the Robot is. Every night, they choose a player to kill.

The TH13F-Bot: Lives off stealing life from others. Any night, but not 2 in a row, chooses a player to steal the role identity of. Does not work on the Space Agent.

The BKR0110R-Bot: Lives off fear. Sends threatening messages to wreak havoc. Can send a message every night which will be posted in the night post. When the BK-Bot is killed, his role is revealed.

The G0DF4R-Bot: Lives off information. Has an information ability. Any night, but not 2 in a row, can see the faction (Citizen/ANGEL) of a player.

The 4554N-Bot: Lives off sympathy from others. If the 4N-Bot uses it's ability and a saving role saves it, the saving role is killed. Can use ability any night, but not 2 in a row.

The FR4M3R-Bot: Lives off putting the blame on others. Any night, but not 2 in a row, chooses a player to frame with it's role identity. Does not work on t

The ANGELs

The ANGELs(Advanced Nanotechnology Genome Eliminating Lifeforms) are secret agents sent by Y-S4N. They win if everyone alive is infected with nanobots. Since they are favored by Y-S4N, it protects them in secret and they cannot be killed at night. Every night they choose a player to infect. Every day they choose a player to try to infect, but due to their clandestine nature the day infection has a 1/2 chance to fail. (I will tell them after the Day Post whether it succeeded or failed).

The Avatar: A being constructed completely of nanotechnology. As the nanotechnological "brain", she communicates with all the nanobots. If a role with information abilities is infected with nanobots, she receives the same information they do.

Zero: A man who has had so many cybernetic enhancements that he no longer knows whether he is man or machine. He has lost all memory of his life as a human, except that his mission is to kill the Numbers. Currently his target is the Number Eight. If he succeeds in killing Eight, he unlocks a new ability. Invincible for the first night and day.

The Mimic: An alien who kills his prey and temporarily absorbs their abilities. Chooses a target each odd night to kill and if the target dies, the Mimic gets use of the target's role abilities, including kill/target abilities, the next day or night (depending on whether it is a day ability or night ability). The Mimic steals role abilities, not roles, so will always come up as "Mimic" to discovery abilities.

The Citizens:

The Citizens win if everyone alive is a Citizen.

Saving roles:

The Med bot: Uses its knowledge base form 31458. All medicine is now practiced by machines (who would want to waste time and money on Med School? :P). A few elite programmers continue to update it's database. Picks a target to save each night. Cannot pick the same target to save twice in a row. Can save self only once. Since it does not want to get hacked, it cannot save the Uber-Hacker (save fails).

The Herbalist: Gains his knowledge from wherever possible, scriptures and laser discs of the 20 and 21st century, makes do the best he can. Sometimes a particular plant has a side effect or does not have the right strength - save has 1/4 chance to fail. Picks a target to save each night. Cannot pick the same target twice in a row. Can save self only once.

Attack roles:

The BioEngineer: (knows Eight) The man who created the Number Eight. She keeps a watch on and maintains the upkeep of Eight. As long as the BioEngineer is alive, Eight cannot be killed at night. The BioE cannot be lynched.

Number Eight: A genetically engineered super-soldier who kills for the Innocents. He kills on prime nights.

The Extremely Mad Physicist: Son of the Mad Scientist who is trying to clear the name of his father. Working in secret, he has developed an EMP ray which disrupts the subspace link between nanobots. Every day, he chooses a player to shoot, if that person is infected with nanobots, they die. Otherwise, nothing happens.

Information roles:

Robbie the Robot: (Is known by M4F14) An unusually humorous robot that has been around for five centuries, gathering knowledge of many human traits and likes to feel he is comfortable around humans. It is in his program to do as ordered,. However he can be a bit of a loose cannon and gets his wires cross - when that day comes he may well self destruct. Its in his nature to protect his 'friends' and without due consideration of the risks gets on with his mission ... while cracking a joke of course. At any point during the day, can PM me a victim to blow up. There is 1/4 chance for each of them to survive. If Robbie is killed at night, there is 2/3 chance it will randomly blow up one if it's attackers. Cannot blow up Zero. Each day, Robbie can lie-detect a TRUE/FALSE statement, but statements that are too ambiguous or direct cannot be tested. If the statement cannot be tested, I will PM them asking for a different statement.

The Respector: Has great respect for upstanding citizens. Every night, is PMed a different random Citizen name (includes dead players).

The Uber-Hacker: A 133t programmer who can hack into the mainframe and discover identities. PMs me the name of a player each day and I PM their role. Can also choose to swap IDs with the player they choose after I tell the UH the role. Swap ID does not work on the Space Agent.

The Space Agent XM100z: After years of traveling through the galaxies, the Space Agent has developed many useful skills. I flip two coins to determine the action of the Space Agent (Saving, Killing, Discovering role, or free choice of the previous). The Space Agent picks a player and then I tell them what the action is, to which they can either decline or carry out the action. Also, the Space Agent keeps under the radar, and doesn't have a file in the mainframe, so the the TF-Bot cannot steal from them (the steal fails, but counts as a use) and the FR-Bot cannot frame them (same deal).

The Public Relations Expert: A human trying to keep up with the goings-on in Affinion 7. At anytime (but only once on a particular nth day/night), can PM me a role and I will tell the PRE what the action that role last took was and who they took it on, if the player with that role is alive, or if the player is dead.

Other roles:

The Corporation Representative: Sent by Genevron Corp. to look after it's investments in Belryius 8. Uses any means necessary to get what they want. Each day, through bribery or coercion, changes a player's vote. PMs me the player and who they want the player to vote for before the voting day ends and I will change it on the final roster. Also, beware, those Corporations always have secret agendas...

The Wraith: A friendly half human/half alien with who arrests a person for one night (must PM me the player's name before the day post). The player is let out of prison if he/she can answer a puzzle correctly. The prisoner gets to choose one of three types (math/riddle/cryptic message). If they don't answer the puzzle correctly, they stay in jail and cannot use their ability that night. Can only arrest a player once.

Edit: typo

Edited by Yoruichi-san