BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

After his mysterious disappearance from Affinion 7 in M4F14, Y-san and PG decided to pay a visit to Bb to make sure he was alright. PG had also conceded to bake some of her famous vote winning brownies to bring along. Bb lived in an all-male house, and when two cute girls bearing brownies arrived, they were immediately swarmed by his house-mates.

After a few minutes the girls somehow managed to extract themselves. "Where is Bb?" asked PG, holding what remained of the brownies high over her head.

Bb's roommate replied "Oh, he's upstairs, studying in the library room." the roommate frowned. "Actually, he's been in there for awhile...I wonder if somethings wrong?"

The roommate led the way up the stairs and down the hall to the library room. The door was closed and the roommate knocked and then turned the doorknob.

Suddenly, they heard a shout from inside. "Don't come in!"

With an alarmed look on his face, the roommate flung over the door. There was a crash in the dark room followed by choking sounds. The roommate stumbled and fell on the ground.

Y-san felt along the side of the room until she found the light switch. Turning on the lights, she saw Bb's body dangling from a rope in the middle of the room. She yelled for help as she hurried towards him. Immediately some of the other housemates came to help cut him down, but they were too late, he was dead.

The floor was strewn with books. At one the side of the room, there was a desk. On the other side of the room there were two bookshelves. In the middle of the room, there was a stool by where the body had hung. One of it's legs had broken off. "Wow," commented PG, "I guess he was really depressed about getting killed off in M4F14..."

"No," Y-san interrupted. "This wasn't suicide, it was murder."

Later on, the law which Bb had devoted himself to convicted his murderer.

TC, Mekal:

STOP WITH THE NONSENSE POSTS TO RAISE YOUR POST COUNT!!!!!

or go do it in your own threads...I can't even find the posts where ppl are actually working on the riddle anymore...and its a good riddle too...>.<

well i have been... and you still havn't answered post 12...

hmmm...

The stool was on 4 stacks of tall books... books were set up in a line so that when the door opend it toppled one of the stacks... which droped the stool killing BB

Or...

the room mate set up the contraption with one book next to the door and if he hit it hard enough the book would move across the room and knock over a pile of books... kicking out the stool...

How does that make sense?

What was BB just sitting on a stool with a noose around his neck studying?

Is it the new fashion craze at the college or something?

TC, Mekal:

STOP WITH THE NONSENSE POSTS TO RAISE YOUR POST COUNT!!!!!

or go do it in your own threads...I can't even find the posts where ppl are actually working on the riddle anymore...and its a good riddle too...>.<

They weren't all to raise the post count!

If you read some of them we had some serious questions in them I think.

Not sure if they were in this topic or not though...

They weren't all to raise the post count!

If you read some of them we had some serious questions in them I think.

Not sure if they were in this topic or not though...

LMAO. Now, please don't post in this thread again until its been solved or unless you truly seriously want to try to solve this! :mad:

Suddenly, they heard a shout from inside. "Don't come in!"

With an alarmed look on his face, the roommate flung over the door. There was a crash in the dark room followed by choking sounds. The roommate stumbled and fell on the ground.

I don't quite get this sentence...

Did you mean to say 'open' when you said 'over'?

Can you elaborate a little bit?

EDIT: I knew we would get in trouble for having that contest! :lol:

As long as we don't get kicked out of BD for it, I don't regret it. It was very fun and hilarious!

Edited by ThunderChicken

I don't quite get this sentence...

Did you mean to say 'open' when you said 'over'?

Can you elaborate a little bit?

EDIT: I knew we would get in trouble for having that contest! :lol:

As long as we don't get kicked out of BD for it, I don't regret it. It was very fun and hilarious!

Yes, of course I meant open...and I know you know that's what I meant...everyone else did. Stop trying to up your post count. I am SERIOUSLY going to report you if you continue to do it in my threads!

Yes, of course I meant open...and I know you know that's what I meant...everyone else did. Stop trying to up your post count. I am SERIOUSLY going to report you if you continue to do it in my threads!

OMG no I didn't know you meant that! I'm not trying to raise my post count anymore I'm trying to solve the riddle!

With how carefully you set up your topics it's surprising to find a typo with what you post so I interpreted it as a clue in what you were trying to get across...

Wow I'm sorry I asked a question good lord...

Are you gonna answer anything else about that post or are you just gonna continue to yell at me?

It seems like Y-san always gives enough information in her murder mysteries, you just need to sort it out of the useless information and think about it. I asked my question earlier (to which she replied in the affirmative) because

There was a line of books from the door to the stool. To exit, the murderer needed to be able to open the door, so he put an extra-large book propped up against the open door. When he closed it, it fell into place in the line.

It seems like Y-san always gives enough information in her murder mysteries, you just need to sort it out of the useless information and think about it. I asked my question earlier (to which she replied in the affirmative) because

There was a line of books from the door to the stool. To exit, the murderer needed to be able to open the door, so he put an extra-large book propped up against the open door. When he closed it, it fell into place in the line.

Well that still doesn't explain why BrandonB just happened to have the noose around his neck...

Did the roommate rig a noose right next to the door, so when he open the door, he grabbed the noose and jumped over to BB to put it around his neck before the stool fell all the way?

"I'm not trying to raise my post count!"

Well that still doesn't explain why BrandonB just happened to have the noose around his neck...

Did the roommate rig a noose right next to the door, so when he open the door, he grabbed the noose and jumped over to BB to put it around his neck before the stool fell all the way?

"I'm not trying to raise my post count!"

Oh, I thought someone had solved that part already. Sorry, it is hard to find what people have and haven't solved, there is too many posts that have nothing to do with the puzzle.

The murderer (the roommate I believe) simply drugged Bb and put him on the stool, waking him up when he was put on there. The stool was probably balanced in such a way that Bb would have to balance himself to not tip the stool over.

Also, I think that Puzzlegirl's answer would work as well.

Oh, I thought someone had solved that part already. Sorry, it is hard to find what people have and haven't solved, there is too many posts that have nothing to do with the puzzle.

The murderer (the roommate I believe) simply drugged Bb and put him on the stool, waking him up when he was put on there. The stool was probably balanced in such a way that Bb would have to balance himself to not tip the stool over.

Also, I think that Puzzlegirl's answer would work as well.

Oh wait I get it now that's why BB shouted "Don't come in!" when they knocked on the door.

Good thinking Wally and sorry about all the nonsense posts...

hmmm...

if BB was awake... he would be able to see what would happen to him when they open the door... therefore... it had to be fairly obvious... so one possibility is that his books were set up right... and there were books domino style over to the stool... and the murderer "fell" trying to scatter the fallen path

hmmm...

if BB was awake... he would be able to see what would happen to him when they open the door... therefore... it had to be fairly obvious... so one possibility is that his books were set up right... and there were books domino style over to the stool... and the murderer "fell" trying to scatter the fallen path

Well, they heard him call out "Don't come in!"...

If Y-San had to feel along the wall for the lightswitch, Bb may not have know his predicament, only that he was balancing with a rope around his neck.

If the opening the door moved a book or something else that sprung the trap for Bb, then what did he trip over? (The door would have moved the obstruction.

If the opening the door moved a book or something else that sprung the trap for Bb, then what did he trip over? (The door would have moved the obstruction.

If Y-San had to feel along the wall for the lightswitch, Bb may not have know his predicament, only that he was balancing with a rope around his neck.

faked the tripping in order to have an excuse to scatter the line of books on the floor

;)

Uhm, wait, Im kinda new here so forgive my english and stuff... hehe

Well, I have here some observations:

-its agreed that the roomate was the murderer. first is that he has this "alarmed look" on his face when the victim shouted "dont come in!" I think the roomate was alarmed that the victim woke up all of the sudden and so pushed open the door and "stumbled" so as to perpetrate the crime and so that he wont get caught.

-the possibility that the victim was drugged by the roomate and then balanced in the chair is quite confusing me here. I mean look here guys, how do you balance a drugged person STANDING in a chair with a broken leg? I really think that the chair has a little (or no) significance in the murder.(to Y-chan, arent there some things left out in the problem? i mean, we could do a little guessing with any further hints.. hehe)

-the next thing that is confusing me with this problem is the time frame of the murder. we agreed that the victim DID shout "dont come in" since Y-chan negated the idea of a recording machine of some sort. Then, given that the victim DID shout the "dont come in", it means that he was still alive just before the other people came in. (the "choking sounds" seem to affirm this). then, if the victim was still alive before just a few moments earlier, couldnt the party still save him? i mean, he could pass out or something but a person cannot just die that fast (like what? holding your breath under a rope for about a minute? the party could have still revived the victim)

-i dunno whats up with the desk and the bookshelves but theyre bothering me. im still trying to figure this out. i just posted this so Y-chan could see my paths.. hehe..

o and yeah, can i call you Y-chan instead of Y-san..?

A broken neck is another way of hanging, as opposed to choking slowly - he should have been alive and rescued after a few minutes - check those brownies - probably poisned, they have been robbed of their quarry.

... killer queens, poison princesses and vengeful vixens. The mafia king is dead long live the mafia king!

The chair had a leg broken and Bb was tied to it with a noose around his head.

The level of the chair was raised by books under its legs and the broken leg which was placed back in its original position. A string was tied to the broken leg and the other end to the door. Bb could see that if the door opened, the string would be yanked which in turn, took out the legs. This would make the chair fall from such a height that would make the tighten the noose thus killing him.

That is why he shouted "Don't come in". So when the door was opened, The string was yanked taking out the broken leg, the chair fell strewing the piled up books all over and killing him

Ben Law has it... jk

How did Bb get their BL, was it for a bet, was he put there unconsious and awoke eo find himself in a noose on a chair, could he see with the light off (does that matter) ????

Anyway- anyone answering has to start with a time line that does not start fom the middle to one end and leave out the other