BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

"It had been a late night. Detective Kay and I had worked all the way into the morning filling paperwork out from a crazy investigation about a farm and a monkey... The rain didn't lift our spirits much either."

So began the report of Detective Phaze after the cops had questioned him about the most recent murder of Detective Kay.

"Right before the end of our shift, it stopped raining, but it had still been a long night and a dreary morning, so Kay decided to take a shortcut to my house. She turned off on a very desolate road, a road that only saw at most 15 cars a day... I started dozing off a bit in the front seat of the car," he stated, "when all of a sudden the world just went black as I was knocked unconscious. When I woke up, I unbuckled my seatbelt and tried to open the door, but it was jammed shut, so I had to break open the window and crawl out. When I got out, it was very bright and the sun was shining high in the sky..."

He paused for a brief second to catch his breath.

"I walked behind the car and didn't expect what I saw. Detective Kay was laying face-down on the ground, her body was just pale-white and very cold. She had definitely been dead for at least a couple of hours. But the strange thing was that there were no marks on her body and no sign of any struggle at all. I began to look around and call for help when I spotted my name carved into a tree. I looked closer at the tree and saw the message: 'Phaze, you're next! -ThunderChicken"

"Well Slick, what do you think?" asked the new detective, BrandonB, who had been questioning Phaze on-scene.

"I know exactly what happened!", Detective AkaSlickster shouted.

How did he know?

Edited by ThunderChicken

9 answers to this question

it was a car crash; Kay was thrown from the car and also knocked unconcious; however, she landed in a puddle from the rain and drowned. When Phaze finally awoke hours later, it was sunny, so the rain dried, so there was no sign of it.... but then i have no idea what ThunderChicken's note in the tree would be about

Hmm...I'm gonna have to say

Well since it was raining, a lot, there was bound to be a bit of flooding. I'm thinking TC must have rigged the car to crash (still working on that part), and either the crash, or Thunderchicken himself knocked out Phaze (isn't he dead though?). Dectective Kay came out to survay the damage, and Thunderchicken knocked her out too, and he pur her face down into a ditch or deep puddle of water, and she drowned.

Something along the lines of that.

~Kat

it was a car crash; Kay was thrown from the car and also knocked unconcious; however, she landed in a puddle from the rain and drowned. When Phaze finally awoke hours later, it was sunny, so the rain dried, so there was no sign of it.... but then i have no idea what ThunderChicken's note in the tree would be about

Yeah it was a bit easy ^_^

Well the note was to mean that Phaze was gonna die next...

But Y-San already killed him...