BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Guest Lost in space

Question

Yes you know the smallest country - or do you

1 - What is the name of the smallest country

2 what are the names of the other five

This excludes islands - no tricks ('What' is not an answer - legitimate names)

25 answers to this question

San Marino, and it was pretty small. Don't know if its the smallest though. And I have no idea what you mean by "the other five"
there are 27 countries of less than 1000 sq miles - all but six are islands - actually that confused ppl when it was cows - so 6 sountries that are not islands less than 1000 sq miles - that shld help the wiki folk - i was surprised by on of them - the last alphabetically

The Vatican City 0.2 sq miles

Monaco - 0.7 sq miles

San Marino - 24 sq miles

Liechtenstein - 62 sq miles

Andorra - 180 sq miles

Perfectly correct - I'm sure every one new the first one = Q1 - therefore you missed one?

The smallest sovereign subject of international law is

Sovereign Military Order of Malta (SMOM)

which is a single building in Rome (see the Wikipedia

article on it).

or any embassy - I think you mean the charity/membership type order not a sovereignty/orincipality or 'country' of any kind ... point out if i'm wrong

pls note in my signature the bit about spoilers

FanQ

I don't think this belongs in the New Puzzles category does it?

It's not really a puzzle, more of a search and find type thing.

well the mods can move it - baseball is here, word games and similar

or any embassy - I think you mean the charity/membership type order not a sovereignty/orincipality or 'country' of any kind ... point out if i'm wrong

pls note in my signature the bit about spoilers

FanQ

Not like an embassy at all! In 1869, it was granted extraterritoriality by Italy. Today, it is recognized by more than 100 countries as the independent headquarters of a sovereign entity, with mutual diplomatic relations established. It even has it's own currency, the Scudo. If that isn't a country, I don't know what is!

Edited by superprismatic

Not like an embassy at all! In 1869, it was granted extraterritoriality by Italy. Today, it is recognized by more than 100 countries as the independent headquarters of a sovereign entity, with mutual diplomatic relations established. It even has it's own currency, the Scudo. If that isn't a country, I don't know what is!
Cld be right but from memory it has members rather than an indigenous population - whos spending the scudos then - I'll check. If it fits fine there is still another

sorry but

i really think i should get kudos since i was the first person to post Vatican city, i actually knew that and didnt look it up like some.... <3

I think we all know it - but i'll flick a coin.. Wait a minute ..... - dang it went down a gap ... well never know,- he he

there is a country on a drill station outside the UK, i'm sure this is the smallest country in the world

Principality of Sealand

I don't think it has achieved it's status yet - UN has not accepted and UK say it's there's - post a link if you find differently ot state a source - I think it's off essex or suffolk - Bates was saving at a building society that a friend of mine worked at - good luck to him (what's the capital? he he)

I don't think it has achieved it's status yet - UN has not accepted and UK say it's there's - post a link if you find differently ot state a source - I think it's off essex or suffolk - Bates was saving at a building society that a friend of mine worked at - good luck to him (what's the capital? he he)

I'm no expert in international law, but they seem to have a pretty convincing case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_...atus_of_Sealand

I also don't think you can classify it as an "island."

I'm no expert in international law, but they seem to have a pretty convincing case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_...atus_of_Sealand

I also don't think you can classify it as an "island."

good one but

at best it would be an island - it has no border (sea-locked?) - Wonder when they will take part in the olympics - ha ha

18_14_104.gif
Edited by Lost in space