BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

1) is it possible to make it so that people can see how many have voted on a topic that the person has already voted on? Or, better yet, make it so that there's no time limit for voting on a topic, like how there's none for voting people?

2) is it possible to have the OP (original poster) able to edit their OP (first post of the topic) without the 10-minute time limit? Ie, infinte editing time for your opening post of the topic. This way, riddle-makers could change errors, typos, etc, and topics in the Others forum can be updated sufficiently (ie, keep an updated list of people, joinees, links, data, etc in the opening post- for example in Mafia, having the roster and links and data on the OP). If you don't want it to be open for everyone, perhaps have it be a requestable feature for your topic? Is this even possible? I know you could just ask a mod/admin to edit your OP, though I never do that cuz I don't want to throw work on them and in some cases where I would use this I would edit the OP a LOT. So, just curious about this whole concept and if it's possible

3) Do you know which keyboard symbols show up as question marks and which don't? Is there is a definitive list or way to find out, cuz if not, don't bother, I was just curious ;D

4) I just wanted to say thanks to Rookie, Martini and Bonanova- they are an excellent team of Admin & Moderators and are doing a great job :D

I'm pretty sure I forgot the major question I wanted to ask- hmm. I might think of it later

15 answers to this question

1) is it possible to make it so that people can see how many have voted on a topic that the person has already voted on? Or, better yet, make it so that there's no time limit for voting on a topic, like how there's none for voting people?

I'm definitely for this. I know you don't vote on topics much just so you can see how many people have voted, and I'm starting to do the same thing.

I didn't know there was a time limit for voting on a topic. I thought it lasted forver.

1) I don't think so. Will get back to this

2) ah okay. Thanks :P

3) like exotic keyboard symbols... here lemme try a few, see which work. ¶ • ◊ π fl ¢ ∞ ‹› € ºª K ˙Ó˙¥?etc. Maybe it depends on the person's computer

4) np :P

back to one:

Frost: there's no time limit for voting, but AFTER you've voted, there's a small time limit in which you can change your vote & see what the votes are. I agree, I don't vote on many topics now just so I can see how many votes

rookie: yeah, so I just voted on this topic, I gave it 5*... soon I won't be able to anymore, and I won't be able to see how many votes either. Is it possible to make it so that 'normal members' too can vote indefinitely on a topic?

rookie: yeah, so I just voted on this topic, I gave it 5*... soon I won't be able to anymore, and I won't be able to see how many votes either. Is it possible to make it so that 'normal members' too can vote indefinitely on a topic?

voting indefinitely could distort the total rating

normal members should always see "your rating" and "total rates"

It just happened- I'm now locked out from changing my vote or seeing how many have voted

I have tried with another "normal member" account and "total rates" is visible

It just happened- I'm now locked out from changing my vote or seeing how many have voted

even i have experienced the same...i guess there is only 1 minute to change the vote and after that one cannot see the no of votes :(

rookie: nobody else can. Me, Frost, Nayana (and probably every other member except maybe Admin, Mod, VIPs) cannot see the total votes or what your own rating was. Right after you vote, you can, but NOW log back on with your normal member account and see if you still can. After a certain time, it's locked out

voting indefinitely could distort the total rating

normal members should always see "your rating" and "total rates"

I have tried with another "normal member" account and "total rates" is visible

rookie: nobody else can. Me, Frost, Nayana (and probably every other member except maybe Admin, Mod, VIPs) cannot see the total votes or what your own rating was. Right after you vote, you can, but NOW log back on with your normal member account and see if you still can. After a certain time, it's locked out

i can see total rates and my rating (but haven't rated this topic yet)

now:

Your rating: N/A

Total rates: 5

i will rate and see what happens

sometimes, the ratings box disappears after I have rated though, but then comes back later

edit: oh i see what you mean now, the arrow on the ratings box for the drop-down list doesn't work

Edited by lemonymelon

yeah, exactly. It's relatively minor, and I don't know how much other technical stuff rookie has on his plate (if at all), so if I were him I'd only look into it if there weren't other, pressing, concerns to the site (of which, as an end-user, I haven't noticed, if there are any)

what's an end-user?