BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here is a sampling of some words I found inscribed in ancient runes on a stone tablet. I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what is going on. I am deep in the progress of deciphering them myself, so as I gain a greater understanding I may be able to help more.

1. The omen of a cross over a cross yields infinite strife, yet appears to approach a great unity.
  2. The strange yet ideal prudes in the first half-century: from these are taken six of the unluckiest to fall to oblivion, leaving a shard of the great evil.
  3. For what is assigned a beneficent cubical spot-marker, a malevolent multiple of the files of Scully and Mulder and the ambiguous faithful shall become a twisted snake.

What I know so far is that they are all related (they came from the same tablet) but they don't necessarily follow one another or discuss the same ideas. Hopefully with a little hard thinking we can come up with something more concrete out of this little Rosetta stone of mine.

628-(6*13)=116

f(x) = x³ - ax - 8

2. You are pretty close here, but 6 and 28 are still incorrect.

3. sooo close. You are missing the "ambiguous faithful" and 8 is the wrong interpretation of "a twisted snake" (think more visually).

Edited by itsclueless

2. You are pretty close here, but 6 and 28 are still incorrect.

3. sooo close. You are missing the "ambiguous faithful" and 8 is the wrong interpretation of "a twisted snake" (think more visually).

the letter S, then twisting the top half would yield the number 3