BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

In this little verse

is effectively a wonderful word

to be fantastic doesn't rate

nor can bliss demonstrate

so Braindenzians tell me

What word could this be?

LED ... the letters after the double letters ?

taking the middle Letters from words with odd number of letters I get :

RTEAISE

and rearranging them gives me 2 words : aeriest, seriate

Sorry...still up for grabs...

IN this little verse

nor can BLiss demonstrate

so BraindEnzians tell me

What word could this be?

lol, you've given way too many clues. I got it after the in*****e. i'm not going to post it though.

=p

and i had to look the word up b/c i didn't know what it meant, lol.

ineffable?

If that's the answer, could you explain why those letters are the ones that form the word?

I don't know exactly how cryptic chic did it and the last letter doesn't seem to follow the pattern, but if you take the first two letters of each word on its corresponding line (first word on first line, second word on second line, etc.) you get in-ef-fa-bl, and then the e, which I don't quite get.

:huh:

In this little verse

so Braindenzians tell me

What word could this be?

On second look, my explanation doesn't quite cut it anyway, but it's more of a staircase thing, with the last letter still not quite fitting in. First and second letters on first line, third and fourth letters on second line, etc. (but just the tenth on line 5. )

I don't know exactly how cryptic chic did it and the last letter doesn't seem to follow the pattern, but if you take the first two letters of each word on its corresponding line (first word on first line, second word on second line, etc.) you get in-ef-fa-bl, and then the e, which I don't quite get.
:huh:

In this little verse

so Braindenzians tell me

What word could this be?

On second look, my explanation doesn't quite cut it anyway, but it's more of a staircase thing, with the last letter still not quite fitting in. First and second letters on first line, third and fourth letters on second line, etc. (but just the tenth on line 5. )

Got it ...

1,2 Letter of line 1

3,4 Letter of line 2

5,6 Letter of line 3

7,8 Letter of line 4

9th Letter of line 10

Nice one :P

Whoo Hoo!! Congrats to Chuck Rampart for getting the word and to Ben Law for the sequence (except the 9th letter is in line 5..oops). Hey Joelbernaro03..not sure why you didn't post the answer if you had it after the second clue, but all done now.

How amazing to have a word that describes something too great for words..totally ineffable I'd say :D

Whoo Hoo!! Congrats to Chuck Rampart for getting the word and to Ben Law for the sequence (except the 9th letter is in line 5..oops). Hey Joelbernaro03..not sure why you didn't post the answer if you had it after the second clue, but all done now.

How amazing to have a word that describes something too great for words..totally ineffable I'd say :D

Yeah ... Line 5 ... Sorry for the typo :blush:

I just wanted to tease the people who were still looking for the answer. Curiosity killed the cat, right?

And I thank you for the good puzzle. That's not a word I'll soon forget.