BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

130, 342, 343, 454, 494, 524, 535, 565, 595, 606, ...

To get this question right, you should be able to:

--1) Find the next five terms of this sequence.

--2) Explain how you got them.

I'll give some hints to start, but of course, the greatest satisfaction would be solving it with as few hints as possible:

The previous number only has some relationship to the next number ... you will also need some outside knowledge as well. However, I guarantee you that you have the outside knowledge necessary to solve this problem ... everyone working on this problem will.

There is some possibility for debate on some of the numbers of this sequence. However, if there are small differences, a reasonable person could understand why those differences exist and accept it.

This sequence is finite.

Telling you the number of terms in the sequence would change this from a challenging problem to a normal level one.

Everybody who understands what this sentence means could solve this sequence, and few people who don't understand what this sentence means can solve this sequence.

9 answers to this question

I think I know what the sequence is, but I haven't yet figured out the number pattern.

Are there 26 terms in this sequence?

Since no one has seriously attempted this yet...

MAJOR HINT: There is a one-to-one correspondence between the numbers in the sequence and the letters of the alphabet.

Even with that major hint, it's still tough, so here's another one.

The sequence is adding the previous number to the next one. In other words, the number 130 corresponds to the letter A. The second number is 130 + 212 = 342, where 212 refers to the letter B.

Maybe.....

I created a riddle in the past, and I think this might just work on the same principal. A=a number B=a number. Then make a skipping pattren with the numbers, which represent the letters. I know I am probalby way off, but am I on the right track? By the way, nobody solved my riddle!

Since no one has seriously attempted this yet...

MAJOR HINT: There is a one-to-one correspondence between the numbers in the sequence and the letters of the alphabet.

Even with that major hint, it's still tough, so here's another one.

The sequence is adding the previous number to the next one. In other words, the number 130 corresponds to the letter A. The second number is 130 + 212 = 342, where 212 refers to the letter B.

The next 5: 636, 656, 696, 726, 727?

The next 5: 636, 656, 696, 726, 727?

REALLY close! The only issue is that the 5th number isn't what you had, but ....

100 larger than that! 827!

I think you've almost figured out the pattern, and hopefully the spoiler (if you read it), should complete the pattern! You can post it, or I will in about a day. Nice job!

REALLY close! The only issue is that the 5th number isn't what you had, but ....

100 larger than that! 827!

I think you've almost figured out the pattern, and hopefully the spoiler (if you read it), should complete the pattern! You can post it, or I will in about a day. Nice job!

For every incremental number:

1st digit is the number of enclosed area

2nd digit is the number of straight line to write the alphabet and

3rd digit is the number of non-straight line to write the alphabet)

that's why

A = 1 30 ( 1 enclosed area where is the small triangle; 3 straight line but no non-straight line to write A out)

B = 2 12 (2 enclosed area where is the 2 semi-circle; 1 straight line and 2 non-straight line to write B)

that's explain where C = 001; D = 111, E = 040, ... etc

and that's also explain why I didn't get the 5th answer correct earlier because I missed out the 'O' contain 1 enclosed area. I should add 101 instead of 001!

Right? :D

Nice Puzzle!

For every incremental number:

1st digit is the number of enclosed area

2nd digit is the number of straight line to write the alphabet and

3rd digit is the number of non-straight line to write the alphabet)

that's why

A = 1 30 ( 1 enclosed area where is the small triangle; 3 straight line but no non-straight line to write A out)

B = 2 12 (2 enclosed area where is the 2 semi-circle; 1 straight line and 2 non-straight line to write B)

that's explain where C = 001; D = 111, E = 040, ... etc

and that's also explain why I didn't get the 5th answer correct earlier because I missed out the 'O' contain 1 enclosed area. I should add 101 instead of 001!

Right? :D

Nice Puzzle!

GREAT JOB! You got it.

do the differences of each of the numbers have something to do with the physical properties of the letters of the alphabet. because i have found nothing else that could possibly work.

i'm still working out what physical properties though.