BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

First question

Would you define boxing as sport? I say It's just a fight!

Second question

Which sports should not be considered as sports? Gymnastics is a competition sure, but sport?

Third question

Should professionals be excluded from the Olympic games or all competition for that matter? Keep it basic/amateur!

yeah, american/european wrestling is revolting and turkish is skilled. ( i'm turkish, so im glad some people know about us even though i'v never wresteled, turkish or otherwise. :D )

Wrestling is the oldest sport in the world. Its been a part of the Olympics since the first. The televised crap in the U.S. is not wrestling. The Olympics of today include two of the many types of wrestling. (Freestyle & Roman Greco) The American Collegiate style is not practiced widely outside of U.S. colleges.

I think Boxing isn't that much different than wrestling it to has a televised version that stretches the evolution of the word sport but if some of you actually watched an Olympic boxing match you would probably agree that it is a sport. wrestling and boxing are both sports in the truest sense of the word. It takes years and years of incredible training requiring you to adapt to any opponents style. Everything you do directly effects your opponent.

Take the Professional sports out of the Olympics, sure there might be some gray areas but the line needs to be drawn somewhere and that line is a long way from we we are today.