BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

One-Way Street

rookie1ja

One-Way Street - Back to the Logic Puzzles

A girl who was just learning to drive went down a one-way street in the wrong direction, but didn't break the law. How come?

This old topic is locked since it was answered many times. You can check solution in the Spoiler below.

Pls visit New Puzzles section to see always fresh brain teasers.

One-Way Street - solution

She was walking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe just the wrong direction relative to where she was going. Say she's going home and home is south, but she's going north on a one way street

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know about where you live, but if I were to walk down the middle of a street, I'd definitely be breaking a law. It's called jaywalking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaywalking

When used in the literal sense, jaywalking specifically refers to violation of pedestrian traffic regulations and laws, and is therefore illegal.

So, the answer is wrong.. if a girl is walking down a street, there's a 99% chance she's breaking the law.

hey there's, like, million of solutions, since you don't state she drove, just she went

maybe she flew over in a plane, or crowled backwards naked with a cup of tea and a sniper rifle singing "Yo ho" and chewing bubble gum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, if she was walking down the one way street, wouldn't that be jaywalking? I think that's a clear violation of the law!

No. Jaywalking is a violation that involves crossing the street, not walking down the street. If it is safe to walk down the street (along the curb), I'm not aware of any laws that deem this as illegal.

If she was learning how to drive then she must have been with a driving instructor. If that was the case, even know she was driving the wrong way, the instructor would be held accountable... she wasn't walking-that is to easy to be the right solution!

The question states she was learning how to drive, but it doesn't state that she was driving at the time that she was going the wrong way. And indeed the wrong way relative to what? And even if she was driving, indeed, the instructor would have been held accountable because HE was in charge. (At least, I guess that in most countries it will be like that; here in the Netherlands it is.) And going the wrong way in reverse doesn't seem illegal to me, either.

There are too many possibilities to be certain why she wasn't breaking any laws. Very vague

BoilingOil