BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

dms172

Question

andromeda woke up and crawled out of the rumble on their ship to see woon sitting by a fire

"What happened?" asked andromeda.

"We wrecked"

"What about the others?"

"They took the life boats and left us for dead"

"I guess that's what we get for joining a bunch of pirates."

Just then andromeda caught a glimpse of a silver box laying farther on down the beach

When she got up to investigate she saw it was the safe that held the treasure.

Andromeda yelled excitedly, "WOON, COME QUICK! WE'RE RICH! RICH!

woon sprinted over and helped dig it out of the sand. On the front of the

safe they found a 9X9 pad of keys with letters letters below them them.

L729 to 81

post-10214-1231559561.gif

K	 E	R   N   B	S   J   U   O

F	 R	K   A   S	B   R   B   N

D	 V	O   G   T	E   Y   N   X

T	 Y	D   C   V	O   H   M   S 

I	 O	W   A   M	X   U   E   A

T	 T	D   K   O	Q   T   R   U

A	 E	R   H   A	D   T   A   I

N	 H	E   E   T	P   R   E   J

O	 K	Z   C   O	U   E   X   B

Woon to one look at it wrote in the sand. then popped it open.

can you do the same?

this is my first attempt at this kind of puzzle, so woon please don't actually solve it that fast.

this is my first attempt at this kind of puzzle, so woon please don't actually solve it that fast.

OMG! Do you know that is my initial plan for the next chapter of my treasure hunt? I mean not the approach but the tools!

Hmm, now I have to think harder for next chapter. <_<

645|198|273

127|346|598

893|275|461

514|627|389

238|419|657

769|853|142

451|782|936

986|531|724

372|964|815

for what it's worth, 729=36 and 81=34

So the keypad has 81 numbered keys on it and the letters below are not keys? How many keys must be pushed in order to open the safe?

645|198|273

127|346|598

893|275|461

514|627|389

238|419|657

769|853|142

451|782|936

986|531|724

372|964|815

Between 729 and 81 in the last line is 64 (=26). Still not sure what the L means in "L729 to 81," or what any of the letters below the keypad mean for that matter.

Edited by lazboy

So

Write a word and then it open?

you will get lot's of words that lead you to the next step

KZCEX?

nope

check spoiler

Also

L729 to 81 only refered to the last line?

no

for what it's worth, 729=36 and 81=34

keypad has 81 So the numbered keys on it and the letters below are not keys? How many keys must be pushed in order to open the safe?

645|198|273

127|346|598

893|275|461

514|627|389

238|419|657

769|853|142

451|782|936

986|531|724

372|964|815

your right that you have to change L729 to 81 but that's not the right form

yes the letters aren't keys.

you will only need to push one key in the end

your right that you have to change L729 to 81 but that's not the right form

yes the letters aren't keys.

you will only need to push one key in the end

729=93 and 81=92.

If only one key is to be pushed, there is only at most 80 times you can fail: just start pressing all the keys in order, and eventually the safe will open. Should only take a minute or two. :lol::D Unless this safe has one of those mechanisms where it completely shuts down after a certain number of wrong attempts to open it. <_<

729=93 and 81=92.

If only one key is to be pushed, there is only at most 80 times you can fail: just start pressing all the keys in order, and eventually the safe will open. Should only take a minute or two. :lol::D Unless this safe has one of those mechanisms where it completely shuts down after a certain number of wrong attempts to open it. <_<

I'm just gonna say this right now you don't have to solve this the solve the puzzle and also i should have probably put it like this 729/81, but 9 is still one of the 2 numbers you should end up with.

such as putting each row of letters in order according to the number that corresponds with them from the sudoku, for instance, the first row of the sudoku solution is 645198273 and the first row of letters is KERNBSJUO, so K=6, E=4, and so on, rearranging the letters to be NJOERKUSB when put in order, which still makes no sense. So I thought, maybe it'll read something going down the columns when I'm finished. Nope, still didn't make sense. I did the same thing with the columns of letters...still nothing (if you're reading this, andromeda and woon, these methods may inspire you for one of your next puzzles

:)B))). I did notice some of the rows and columns have the potential to form words from the 9 letters in each one (in the columns, left to right, I see FIT, OTHER, WORKER, CHECK, BOAT, DOPE, UTTER, BEAM, JOIN at first glance, I'm sure there are others), but whether or not these words or any other possible words that can be made this way mean anything, I can't tell. I still don't understand the significance of 729/81=9, and what the L in front of the 729 in the puzzle means. So I'm sticking by my last answer: if there's only one key to press to open the safe, and since the OP doesn't say pressing the wrong key will render the safe unable to be opened, just press every key until you find the right one. :P

such as putting each row of letters in order according to the number that corresponds with them from the sudoku, for instance, the first row of the sudoku solution is 645198273 and the first row of letters is KERNBSJUO, so K=6, E=4, and so on, rearranging the letters to be NJOERKUSB when put in order, which still makes no sense. So I thought, maybe it'll read something going down the columns when I'm finished. Nope, still didn't make sense. I did the same thing with the columns of letters...still nothing (if you're reading this, andromeda and woon, these methods may inspire you for one of your next puzzles
:)B))). I did notice some of the rows and columns have the potential to form words from the 9 letters in each one (in the columns, left to right, I see FIT, OTHER, WORKER, CHECK, BOAT, DOPE, UTTER, BEAM, JOIN at first glance, I'm sure there are others), but whether or not these words or any other possible words that can be made this way mean anything, I can't tell. I still don't understand the significance of 729/81=9, and what the L in front of the 729 in the puzzle means. So I'm sticking by my last answer: if there's only one key to press to open the safe, and since the OP doesn't say pressing the wrong key will render the safe unable to be opened, just press every key until you find the right one. :P

you have the right idea. each letter is assigned a number, but that's not the right way.

729/81 does equal 9, but you need to leave the 9 in the same format as 729/81

One more finding:

There are all 25 alphabets but not even 1 'L'

that doesn't matter.

if that still doesn't help i don't know what to do but post it. the answer.

729/81 is 9/1 or 9 over one so you've got fill in give the letters numbers from 9 down to 1

Thanks.

The only column where 9 over 1 is at Column 3.

So C3? :huh:

I get this:

T T W C B B R N I

O H O H O O U U N

F E R E T X T M B

I K D C T E T B O

N E K K O S H E X

D Y R A M D E R J

T O Z G S P J A S

K H D A A U Y E U

A V E N V Q R X A

So if you read it going down, it says "To find the key word, check bottom boxes. Rut [sic] the number in box."

So the bottom boxes say "AVENVQRXA," which means absolutely nothing.

*sigh* Just tell us what it's supposed to be. :wacko:

I get this:

T T W C B B R N I

O H O H O O U U N

F E R E T X T M B

I K D C T E T B O

N E K K O S H E X

D Y R A M D E R J

T O Z G S P J A S

K H D A A U Y E U

A V E N V Q R X A

So if you read it going down, it says "To find the key word, check bottom boxes. Rut [sic] the number in box."

So the bottom boxes say "AVENVQRXA," which means absolutely nothing.

*sigh* Just tell us what it's supposed to be. :wacko:

I'm getting exactly the same, even tried going across instead of down, gives complete garbage that way. This does suggest some interesting techniques for other puzzles, but I can't seem to get beyond this step.