BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Not sure you like this game. But this is how it go.

Each of the players will be given 25 life points and 4 warrior cards in their deck.

The player need to give each warriors a name (eg. Red Dragon, Skeleton Warrior, Dark Knight etc)

Each warrior have 2 portion of their ability, the attack and defend. Shown as A/D

The Attack point and Defend Points always with 2 rules:

1) Atk + Def = N, for initial round, N = 10

2) minimum of Atk is 2 (2/8) or minimum of Def is 3 (7/3)

Initially the A/D of the 4 cards will be as below:

Warrior A (7/3)

Warrior B (5/5)

Warrior C (4/6)

Warrior D (2/8)

The player also need to choose a color to represent the zone his/her warriors being active the most:

The colors are: Black (Swamp), White (Land), Red (Volcanic Mountains), Blue (Ocean), Green (Forest)

Color code CANNOT be changed once the game starts!

Steps before the game starts

Send in message to tell me the name of the warriros and their A/D points.

Rearrange the sequence as you like , so 1 = Warrior B, 2 = Warrior D, 3 = Warriro C and so on.

And also set your warrior position: either in Attack mode or Defend Mode.

Example:

Hey woon, below please find my cards-arrangement:

Color Code: Black (Swamp)

1: Skeleton Warrior (4/6) - D

2: Swamp Guard (2/8) - D

3: Vampire (5/5) - A

4: Night Knight (7/3) - A

Once I have all the players' cards info, I will declare round 1 start and post the list of the players

Example

Host: woon

1. Alfred (25)

2. Ben (25)

3. Carlos (25)

4. Dolly (25)

When Round 1 start. Each player need to fill in whom he / she want to attack, and attack which card from the victims.

Example

1. Alfred (25) - attack Dolly's Card 2

2. Ben (25)

3. Carlos (25) - attack Alfred's Card 4

4. Dolly (25)

Player (attacker) no need to choose which card he/she want to use to attcak the victim,

the strongest-attack-point card in the Attack mode, will be the one auto-selected.

Each player can been only attacked by 1 player.

Results

Attack points is referred when the card is in Attack mode, wherease Defend points is referred when the card is in Defend mode.

And of course, the card that attacker use to attack is always in attack mode, hence the result will be different

based on below combination:

No..... Attacker Card........Victim Card....................Result

1.......Warrior A (7/3)......Warrior B (5/5) - A............Warriror B killed, Victim deduct 2 Life Points cause 7-5 = 2. Victim LP = 23, Attacker get rewards

2.......Warrior A (7/3)......Warrior B (7/3) - A............Both Warrior A and B killed, no rewards given

3.......Warrior A (5/5)......Warrior B (7/3) - A............Warrior A killed, Attacker deduct 2 Life Points (5 - 7 = -2) . Attacker LP = 23. Victim get rewards

4.......Warrior A (7/3)......Warrior B (5/5) - D............Warrior B killed. LP not affected. Attacker won't receive rewards

5.......Warrior A (7/3)......Warrior B (3/7) - D............Warrior B killed. LP not affected. Attacker won't receive rewards

6.......Warrior A (7/3)......Warrior B (2/8) - D............Warrior B defense success. Victim gets rewards.

Rewards

Every round, Each Players, besides posting their decision whom to attack, also send me a message of a warrior card that he/she newly design

The A/D portion will be follow the rules as per stated above, but the total A/D will be equal to a number I declare.

Example:

Me: Ok, Round 1 start, design also a warrior card with total points, N = 11

Alfred messaage me: woon, I design another warrior card: Flying Vampire (8/3). Thanks!

If Alfred, as an attacker, killed victim warrior and surviving (condition #1), Alfred will get Flying Vampire (8/3) card.

If Alfred, as a victim, but stronger than Attacker and kill attacker's warrior, Alfred will get Victim's design Card.

If Alfred, as a victim, successfully defend an attack from others, Alfred will get Flying Vampire (8/3) Card

Magical Cards

In Even number Round, I will post 3 Magical cards for player to choose. Those cards may be

1. Event Card: Attached on any warrior card, if the warrior card attaced been attacked, will activate the event.

2. Trap Card: Attached on any warrior card, if the warriro card attaced been attacked, will activate the trap done to the attacker.

3. Land Card: There are 2 types, Charging or Draining Land Card.

3.1 Charging Land Card: When this card on by the player, it will turn to the land that the player belong.

When in use, Land Card will turn the battle field to the land type to suit the player color code. Hence,

warriors belong to the player who having the same color code will enhance both Atk and Def by +3/+3.

3.2 Draining Land Card: When a player use this card, he can select a color that he want to drain the ability.

Let say if he select Red color, the warrior who the player color code = red will be losing both Atk and Def by -3/-3

All the magical card, once activated, will consider used and removed from the deck.

Which land card is activated?

If there is only 1 player send in the land card in one of the round, then the land card will be chosen.

Or else it will follow the rules I set for the round, like:

the 2nd card send in; the last land card sent in, etc.

Those land card not chosen will return to the owner, not consider as used.

After a round, some players may lost some cards or even some LP.

Some may also gain more warrior cards than 4. However, for each round,

you only can arrange maximum 4 warrior cards + many magical cards in hand. Extra warrior cards will be kept in your deck.

The player who lost all the 25 Life points will be eliminated. The last player is the winner.

For the moment, lets target to have at least 8 players.

Questions? Suggestions?

21 answers to this question

OK, I have designed some magic cards - both Effect Cards and Trap Cards as per below:

No....Effect Cards........Explanation

1.....Angel Kiss..........Targeted warrior won't suffer any damage in this around

2.....Sudden Growth.......Targeted player increase 1.5 of its original ability suddenly, only effective for this round

3.....Twin................Targeted warrior increase the ability by double for this round, only effective for this round

4.....Bandwagon...........Targeted warrior will have stronger ability points by adding the ability points for second stronger warrior.

5.....Tailor Sweet........Targeted player immediate receive a warrior card that he/she design for this round

6.....Revival.............Targeted player able to revive one of his / her damaged warrior cards

7.....No Pain No Gain.....Targeted player received 5 LP if targeted warrior damage, or else, only received 2 LP

8.....Long Blessing.......For this round onwards, the targeted warrior won't suffer any damage for 3 rounds

No....Trap Cards..........Explanation

1.....Numb................Attacker's warrior attack = 0

2.....Swap................Attacker's warrior ability swapped between atk / def for this round

3.....Mirror Reflect......Attacker's warrior attack reflect back to himself with 50% atk point

4.....Defensive Warrior...Attacker's warrior must be in Defend mode for next round

5.....Cold Shrink.........Attacker's warrior ability -2/-2 for this round

6.....Stolen Heart........Attacker's warrior become targeted player's warrior for the next round, max will have 5 cards in hand

7.....Poison Ivy..........Attacker's warrior ability continuously -1/-1 for 3 rounds before reset to original

8.....Shooting Star.......Attacker lost 5 LP immediately.

OK, so here is the example, it is still not completed yet.

Example, in the post:

Lets say I have 3 players: Alfred, Ben and Carlos.

Confirmed Player can sent in info about the color code (battle zone) and warrior name according to the ability. Send in via PM.

Alfred: I want to choose red (mountain) as my battle zone

My warrior: Mountain Giant (7/3), Larva man (5/5), Fire ant (4/6), Mystic Flame (2/8)

Ben: OK, I choose Green (Forest)

My warrior: wild elephant (7/3), thunder cat (5/5), thorny vine (4/6), Forest Demon (2/8)

Carlos: Hey woon, below is my decision:

I choose Black (Swamp), my warrior will be: Night Knight (7/3), Vampire (5/5), Skeleton Warrior (4/6), Swamp Guard (2/8)

Once I received all these info from all the players, then we can start

Post #1 Woon: Ok, here is the final list:

Player

1. Alfred (25)

2. Ben (25)

3. Carlos (25)

OK, round 1 start, please reshuffle your card position and tell me which battle mode they are in

Oh yes, since this is round 1, you could design a new warrior card too, for round 1, N = 11

And the most important thing, POST your choice:

Who is your victim and which of his/her card you want to attack?

Carlos: My round 1 arrangement:

1: Skeleton Warrior - D

2: Swamp Guard - D

3: Vampire - A

4: Night Knight - A

My design warrior will be Vampire II (8/3), thanks ya!

Alfred:My arrangement:

1. Mystic Flame - D

2. Larva man - A

3 Mountain Giant - A

4. Fire Ant - D

The warrior I design for round 1: Falcon (7/4)

Ben: My arrangemnet :

1. Thorney vine - A

2. Wild Elephant - A

3. Thunder Cat - A

4. Forest Demon - D

Design: Giant Oak Fiend(8/3)

Post #1

Ben: Me first

Player

1. Alfred (25)

2. Ben (25) - target Alfred Card 2

3. Carlos (25)

Post #2:

Carlos: Uh, same target, but since you have make it before me, I have to choose:

Player

1. Alfred (25)

3. Carlos (25)- target Ben Card 4!

Post #3:

Alfred: Do I have choice? :(

Player

1. Alfred (25) - target Carlos Card 4

3. Carlos (25)- target Ben Card 4!

Post #4

woon: OK, result will be out soon!

Post #5

Carlos: Great :D

I will post how it was calculated and how the result is posted then

Sorry for the delay, here is the part 2 example:

Ok, Ben first, he target Alfred Card 2, which is: Larva Man (5/5) in Attack Mode

Ben strongest warrior: Wild Elephant (7/3) vs Larva Man (5/5)A, Wild Elephant win, Since 7-5 =2, Alfred lost 2 LP as well

Ben got reward, which is: Giant Oak Fiend(8/3)

Alfred lost Larva Man card!

OK, next is Carlos, he target Ben Card 4 which is : Forest Demon (2/8) D

Carlos strongest warrior: Night Knight (7/3) vs Forest Demon (2/8)D, Forest Demon Defend successfully,

Ben Defend success, got another reward, Giant Oak Fiend(8/3)

Last is Alfred, he target Carlos Card 3, which is: Night Knight (7/3)A

Alfred Strongest: Mount Giant (7/3) vs Night Knight (7/3)A, Both killed.

Alfred lost Mount Giant

Carlos lost Night Knight

Post #1:

Carlos: woon I am still waiting. :angry

Post #2:

woon: sorry guys, keep you waiting. Here is the result:

Round 1

Ben's Wild Elephant attack Alfred's Larva man, who is also in the attack mode. Larva Man sacrified for his owner, but Alfred also losing some LP

Ben received reward!

Carlos's Night Knight attack Ben's Forest Demon but failed. Night Knight return with disappointment

Ben received reward, once again!

Alfred's Mount Giant attack Carlos' Night Knight, who in the attack mode. Both sacrified in the battle field.

After Round 1 Battle

Player...............Card in Hand.......Card in Deck

1. Alfred (23)............2...................2

2. Ben (25)...............4...................6

3. Carlos (25)............3...................3

Post #3: Ben: Awesome!

Post #4: Alfred: OMG!

Edited by woon

Why are both cards killed in the third example? Is it because they're both in attack mode and doing 7/3? If Night Knight had been (7/3)D, would Carlos have lost 4 LP?

Correction, Only Night Knight will be killed. Carlos WILL NOT losing 4 LP.

Btw, I find out that having Life Point of 25 will take much long time to finish the game. I may change it to LP = 10.

Edited by woon

All right, I think I get it...

Who goes first, though, for attacks?

Say Carlos attacks my strongest attacker while I attack Alfred.

If my card is lost from Carlos, can I not use it against Alfred? Or would my attack on Alfred go first, and then Carlos would attack me?

That's the problem I am thinking about it several time. There are few options:

1) First come first serve. But it will be not fair due to players come from diff time zone.

2) Follow Hirk's Survivor method, every round player send me another list of priority. In the list, you list down who should act first at the top and who should act last at the end. I will compile all and come out the final list on who should act first. Problem is this will take longer time.

I suggest we may just try with 4-5 players.

Edited by woon

Another thing, though. If someone can only be targeted by one person, you'll have to amend the rules, lest someone not have a target. For instance:

1. Molly

2. Hirk

3. Woon

4. Harry

5. Potter =P

Molly target Hirk.

Hirk targets woon.

woon targets Harry.

Harry targets Molly.

Potter cannot target anybody.

Perhaps a player can be targeted by no more than two other players? If its limitless, players will likely gang up on one person. Maybe you could use any of the below parameters to determine who goes first:

1. Whoever is being attacked the most.

2. Whoever has the most points dedicated to attack (since defense really is safer).

3. Tie-breakers can be determined by colour (colours are randomised each round to see which has precedence).

Just some ideas.

Edit: Verbage.

Edited by Molly Mae

For the first part. I am not sure if I restrict Harry to attack Molly but have only choice to attack Potter, then Potter can attack Molly.

Or the other way is to let everyone give me 2 choices in the post.

Eg.

Molly (i) target Potter Card 4, (ii) target woon Card 1.

Hirk (i) targets woon card 3, (ii) target Molly card 2

woon (i) targets Potter card 2, (ii) target Molly card 2.

Harry (i) targets Molly card 1, (ii) target Potter card 4

Potter (i) target woon card 3, (ii) target Harry card 1

then when the finalized sequence posted (whatever method will be discuss later)

lets say the sequence is:

1) Hirk

2) Harry

3) Molly

4) Potter

5) woon

So,

Hirk will target woon card 3, as his first choice

follow by Harry target Molly card 1, (1st choice)

follow by Molly target Potter card 4, (1st choice)

Potter target Harry card 1 (2nd choice since woon was targeted)

last, woon have no choice but to target Hirk,

woon, name which cards of Hirk you are going to target

OK, back to the previous example, here is the part 3.

Part 3

Post #1 - Woon:

Ok, Round 2 is going to start. First: Magic Card Offer.

Today offer:

Effect Card:........Tailor Sweet

Trap Card:..........Defensive Warrior

Land Card:..........Charging

The 3 magic cards are now shuffle randomly. Which one do you choose:

Card A, Card B or Card C?

PM me your choice!

Lets say players PMed me their choice as per below:

Alfred pick Card C,

Carlos pick Card A,

Ben pick Card A

I will PM to them individually.

woon PM Alfred: You pick Card C, which is the Tailor Sweet !

woon PM Ben : You pick Card A, which is the Defensive Warrior!

woon PM Carlos: You pick Card A, which is the Defensive Warrior!

Post #2 - Woon:Ok for the cards.

Card A = Defensive Warrior,

Card B = Charging Land Card,

Card C = Tailor Sweet

Round 2 Start!

Send in your reshuffle cards arrangment, and also design a new warrior card.

today N = 12!

Also, you can now tell me on which warrior card that your effect card / trap card want to attached with.

Just put a '*' sign at the back of the warrior then follow by the magic card (effect / trap card).

For those who want to use land card, today criteria: Either the only one or the last one.

Remember Ben, you can only put 4 warrior cards in hand although you have 6 warrior cards in your deck