BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A boy is in a prison cell with no windows and no doors: there are no holes in the ceiling or trapdoors in the floor, yet in the morning the jailers find him gone.

How did he get out?

24 answers to this question

He probably got out the same way he got in. If there's no door, window, holes, etc. the only way to get in is if the cell is open (missing a wall or part of one). I'm sure he didn't teleport in.

A boy is in a prison cell with no windows and no doors: there are no holes in the ceiling or trapdoors in the floor, yet in the morning the jailers find him gone.

How did he get out?

here's my thought.

the "boy" is a male chick (chicken) and the "cell" is the egg he is in. The "Jailer" is the chick's mother hen. The boy hatches overnight and the mother hen finds him gone from his "Cell". I of course got this from The Hobbit riddle " A box without hinges, walls or lid, but inside golden treasure is hid", or something like that. the quote may be off, but it's pretty close.

The reason behind my answer is that the cell has "no windows or doors"...if the boy was outside and came inside, there would have to be a window or door or some other means of entrance, therefore the "boy" would have to be created or born inside that cell.

what do you think?

He squeezed out between the bars.

The spaces between prison bars can't be considered doors or windows. There are no holes in the ceiling, but that doesn't mean there aren't holes in the wall (spaces between the bars) through which he can squeeze.

If there are no doors, the cell wasn't shut; so the boy just walked out of the cell from where he entered

I find that actually quite stupid. Actually, i thought it would have atleast been clever, but no.

I know the DEFINITE CORRECT ANSWER

Except that it's one of two.

[spoiler=Answers :)]1) He is a wizard, and he simply disapparated.

OR

2) He is pals with The Doctor, who bought along his TARDIS and took him away :)

ok...that answer kind of pisses me off, lol, so check out my contradiction below.

Dictionary.com list one of the definitions of door as: any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another. SO in my opinion, just because there wasn't a physical DOOR in the DOOR-WAY, the doorway is still a "gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another".

To be honest, I'm just pissed that I made the problem harder than it had to be...I forgot the KISS rule.

Kudos to DeeGee for Keeping It Simple.

I still like my answer best tho. B))

Edited by ezdrocks

I agree with Catlo, thus my answer. Instead of walls there were bars, like many prisons. Thus the skinny boy slipped right between the bars, and escaped. Who needs doors or windows?

There were no walls. He just walked out. The presence of walls was never established.

He looked in the mirror to see what he saw.

He took the saw and cut the table in half.

Since two halves make a whole (hole).

He crawled out through the hole (whole).

I think there's no wall for this prison. There will be no windows or doors if there are no walls. Of course the boy just walk out, and is probably now home playing his video games :D

How did he get out?

He died and he's out of jail in a box