Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 BoscoRanger

BoscoRanger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:40 AM

Just to clarify

I don't think your correct. I am referring to the first and second law of Thermodynamics. A full explanation would be long and off topic.

Thanks for the offer of websites but I find most sites are unreliable for research.

#12 Martini

Martini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:59 AM

Just to clarify

I don't think your correct. I am referring to the first and second law of Thermodynamics.

What do you think he's incorrect about? What about the first and second law of Thermodynamics?

#13 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

My question is this: Since infinity has no beginning, and no end, and since God is eternal with no beginning, and no end, then when did he make, or even think about making the earth. I have faith, and believe in God, so is the answer simply that we are unable to comprehend it?

I have posted some thoughts on this in Others > Interested in Proof of Macroevolution. Post #7
Scroll down to the 2nd half of that post.
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#14 Maximus

Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

Unreality is correct about energy not being lost. Energy cant be lost. It can only be transferred from one form into another. Often however it is viewed as being "lost" when it is transferred into heat or sound energy as they are normally viewed as "waste".

Just clearing things up. Although i dont think it has any particular relevance.

#15 Maximus

Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

And also although i am not familiar with the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, i believe that they are talking about a certain "system" or area, as opposed to the entire universe, so energy that is lost from the "system" is simply escaping into a different part of the universe.

#16 BoscoRanger

BoscoRanger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:00 AM

" The entropy of the universe increases in all natural processes."this is an alternate way of stating the seconed law of thermodynamics. Order to disorder.

#17 Emapher

Emapher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:30 PM

My question is this: Since infinity has no beginning, and no end, and since God is eternal with no beginning, and no end, then when did he make, or even think about making the earth. I have faith, and believe in God, so is the answer simply that we are unable to comprehend it?

Well this is an easy one! He made the earth (according to the bible) somewhere around 6 thousand years ago! God is eternal - However this earth is not. (Thank God!) So if the question is 'when did He think about making the earth?', Wow, the bible cleary says that his ways are higher than our ways. and that no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.
So we cannot begin to understand the creation of heaven or earth. To explain creation and theorys of creation is nonsense! It is clearly written the NO MIND CAN CONCEIVE!

#18 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:20 AM

IFyou believe in god then I would agree with Emapher. Obviously god doesnt want to be dethroned or analyzed by someone who can think better than he can :D

which, by the way, i DONT believe in god

#19 Maximus

Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:58 PM

I am unsure of the existence of God althought some things to point towards it. Other people may know the answer to this but i do not and am open to correction and criticism. But why did the big bang happen and at the time it did??? Surely there must have been something to start it....? Or was something building up to it reacting more and more till explosion, but then who or what provided the start of the reaction???

#20 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

yeah that's why I'm skeptical of the big bang... I think the universe has been around forever, or something, I dont really know. There are a lot of specialized scientists who make their lives studying that kinda stuff so they probably know about it and why it happened and then and so on, though to be honest I dont really care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users