Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Writersblock's Book Club

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#71 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Yeah! Angels and Demons was an absolute page-turner. One of those books I really :P couldn't keep down. And I too didn't find The Da Vinci Code nearly as exciting as Angels and Demons. Deception Point and Digital Fortress again didn't get my pulse racing, but were exciting at least upto some point.

Hey! What about Micheal Crichton? All of his books may not be exciting(not taking into account Jurassic Park series and Timeline) but books like The Andromeda Strain, Congo, Sphere give us a lot to think about.

And P.G.Wodehouse is a humorous writer in a class of his own. Whenever I am feeling down-and-out reading a piece of conversation between dear old Bertie and the inimitable Jeeves pulls my spirits up. Hoping to have a collection of all books featuring Jeeves.

#72 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

No offense, but I hate Michael Crichton books. They're incomprehensibly boring. I started both Jurassic Park and Prey. I dropped Prey after the first 5-10 chapters but drudged through Jurassic Park, slowly. They're just so boring

#73 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

No offense, but I hate Michael Crichton books. They're incomprehensibly boring. I started both Jurassic Park and Prey. I dropped Prey after the first 5-10 chapters but drudged through Jurassic Park, slowly. They're just so boring

I second that. I liked Jurassic Park, but the others I couldn't read, like Congo, etc...

Also, there's a new topic for us to decide a book so that we can actually get a Book Club underway. I'm assuming you saw that considering the vote for Slaughterhouse 5 :P , but I just wanted to make mention to all who want to be in the bookclub to get your vote on. If a couple of books are close to 5 and you wouldn't mind reading them, please vote for them in an effort to get one picked a.s.a.p. Your top pick can always be our next book. ;)

#74 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:41 AM

No offense taken. :P I know they are not thrilling page-turners like Dan Brown, Robert Ludlum and the kind. But I just seem to like them. But I will agree that Prey wasn't one of his best books with his endless description about Imaging and theories(but I read that as well, wasn't surprised when the hero's wife was found to infected by the swarm near the end :P ). The Terminal Man would beat Prey in terms of action, though.

#75 Riddle Master Zack

Riddle Master Zack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

O.K. Our first vote is decided fellow B.D.B.C members. It is Ender's Game.

#76 Riddle Master Zack

Riddle Master Zack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:53 AM

Ok one week has finally passed. May i ask, how does everyone like the book ? :)

#77 Martini

Martini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:03 AM

I'll lock this thread since another has taken over.
http://brainden.com/...o...t=0&start=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users