Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lion and Unicorn II.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#31 heatherlovesjade

heatherlovesjade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

so i went with the day after the two days after tomorrow- oh well.

#32 azn_clown

azn_clown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

I really think that the day is Thursday too. What if the statements the Lion was saying was the truth? Telling the truth on Thursday means he was lying on Wednesday (which was yesterday). Tomorrow would be Friday; two days after friday would Monday. That the way I see it.

#33 Lawyer Sam

Lawyer Sam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Lion and Unicorn II. - Back to the Logic Problems
Alice came across a lion and a unicorn in a forest of forgetfulness. Those two are strange beings. The lion lies every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the other days he speaks the truth. The unicorn lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, however the other days of the week he speaks the truth.
Lion said: Yesterday I was lying and two days after tomorrow I will be lying again.
Which day did he say that?

Spoiler for Solution

#34 atulchaudhary

atulchaudhary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

unless i have read the question wrong i think the lion could have only made this statement on the monday.
because the lion lies on tuesday and wednesday he cannot tell the truth. but in the first part of the riddle he states " yesterday i was lying" which is true but on tuesday and wednesday he can only lie
which makes either the riddle wrong or the answer wrong
prove me wrong
Quwandong

p.s
great job on the other riddels though keep em coming

Kindly explain if i am worng. The answer is Thursday.
If we assume the day is Thursday. Then he is saying truth. he was lying yesterday(mon- wed Lion lie) then he says two days after tomorrow i will lie again- means two days after Friday Lion will lie again. So the Lion will lie again on Monday.

Is it not Right ?????

#35 atulchaudhary

atulchaudhary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:31 PM

Okay. The answer to this riddle is actually quite simple if you really think about it. The solution is Thursday. The lion says "Yesterday I was lying and two days after tomorrow I will be lying again." It says the lion lies every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and every other day he speaks the truth. Okay...let's break it down for all of you. Yesterday is Wednesday. The lion was lying on Wednesday. And then two days AFTER tomorrow he will be lying again. So Tomorrow being Friday...add two days (Saturday and then Sunday)...leaves Monday. The solution to the question "Which day did he say that?" is Thursday.

Ok the answer can be Monday also but i am confused with Thursday part. Will two days after tomorrow would be Sunday or Monday, assuming today is Thursday.

#36 i_love_brain_teasers

i_love_brain_teasers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:44 PM

urm what does 2 days after tomorrow mean??? is that 3 days after today or 2?????
because i find that if it was 3 days it would be on monday and if was 2 it would be no day at all!! erm is this just simply too shallow or not logical at all or have i just got it hopelessly wrong??????

#37 trojan2k8

trojan2k8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

its Monday as Sunday he was telling the truth and 2 days after tomorrow (3 days) is Thursday and he will be telling the truth

#38 trojan2k8

trojan2k8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

2 days after tomorrow is 3 days as tomorrow is 1 day and 2 days after makes 3

#39 The Sly Fox

The Sly Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:36 AM

Lion and Unicorn II. - Back to the Logic Problems

This conjunction is true only if both parts are true. The first part is true only on Thursday, but the second part is a lie then (Sunday is not a lying day of the Lion). So the whole statement can never be true (at least one part is not true). Therefore the Lion could have made the statement on Monday, on Tuesday and even on Wednesday.

I completely agree with the first part of your reasoning. BUT, the whole statement can also never be false on tuesdays and wednesdays as his first part would be true(he had indeed been lying the previous day), and so, you can conclude that the statement was made on monday, where, both parts of his satement would be false. :D

#40 The Sly Fox

The Sly Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:40 AM

Tomorrow would be Friday; two days after friday would Monday. That the way I see it.

Two days after friday would be sunday and he wouldn't be lying on that day which makes lion's statement false but, he couldn't have made a false statement on thursday. PARADOX.
So, we can only conclude that he said it on monday <see my other reply for reasoning>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)