Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trapped

Best Answer comperr , 03 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

This fantasy logic problem where words have alternate meanings (usually related t homonyms)
You saw the table in half; but the two halves together; two halves make a whole (hole) and you crawl out through the hole.
Here is another one for you:
You only have a bat and a ball...what do you do? Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 IcE(mAn)

IcE(mAn)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:54 AM

yay! once you get u find urself outside of the room; but you have no animal to get home....what do u do?

OH! I know. :lol: SCREAM AND SCREAM AND SCREAM! Then your voice will get hoarse (horse). Hop on the horse and go around in circles until youve rode (road) for a while. Follow the road with your horse and get home! (does that pass? :) )

#42 IcE(mAn)

IcE(mAn)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

It was originally a mirror and a table, and I'll tell you the answer to that one.

You look in the mirror and see what you saw. You take the saw and cut the table in half. Two halves make a whole. You escape through the hole and yell yourself hoarse. You get on the horse and ride away!

See how easy that was?

I thought it was like this: you ONLY have a table, and you hit you head on the table. then it becomes *sore*(saw). Cut the table in half with saw and etc. etc.

#43 omgcmon

omgcmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:12 AM

the "sound-bomb-produced-by-your-own-voice" theory could NEVER work because, your body itself would act as a dampener for the sound waves while you were there in the room screaming your lungs out, even if they were sound-reflecting walls not sound-absorbing walls.

think of it this way, if you were in a room made entirely of mirrors, could you make perpetual light if you flicked your bic just once?

well, no, if the light source were a flash light or similar light producing device ie: candle, match, blub that was used inside the room, because of the same principle i used with sound waves.

the light produced would be instantaneously absorbed by the point of production and your body, but if you were to make a 5-sided box (room) and shine a light into it from outside the box while affixing the 6th side (wall), would the light remain in the box or be negated by its own wave action?

i wonder.

Edited by omgcmon, 22 July 2008 - 08:13 AM.

#44 Kriissii

Kriissii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:12 AM

A sheet of paper has six sides. The sides have a very thin thickness, but no matter what it has 4 sides, a top and a bottom, nomatter how thin.

#45 BellaItaliana

BellaItaliana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:04 AM

I was WAY off!! Good One, Like to see more of these...

Edited by BellaItaliana, 23 August 2008 - 06:07 AM.

#46 paps

paps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

There is a room with no window's, doors, or any sort of opening, the walls are solid steel 10 feet thick, and you are trapped inside, left only with a saw and a table.
How do you escape? :huh: :huh:

if there r no openings, then how did the man enter in2 d room. so a vague question

#47 Kioshanta

Kioshanta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:42 AM

He got in the room when it had no ceiling. Some jerk came by with a big slab of metal and welded it shut. Stop asking.

#48 missouri.slim

missouri.slim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

You are a cat in a sealed box shielded against quantum decoherence with a vial of poison and a hammer rigged to a geiger counter that will break the poison if it detects radiation. you wish to get out and kill the man named Schrodinger...

#49 rahcek

rahcek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

There's a longer answer, just extended and a little bit more awesome to the original riddle ;) and you don't even need the original saw. :D

Spoiler for Longer answer

#50 Segul

Segul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

I've got a trapped puzzle as well.

A man is stuck in a room with big concrete walls and a locked wooden door and all he has is an apple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users