Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#31 xXJESTERXx

xXJESTERXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

tie the open end of the sack shut and cut open the other end to get them out

#32 Smithsps

Smithsps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:49 AM

Cut out the bottom?

#33 jesswd

jesswd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

cut both ends of sack open the twist tie one end shut, pour peas in. twist bag after the peas then pour lentils twist tie bag at top. give inn keeper the peas by untying bottom of bag while holding twisted middle then just flip so you don't loose the lentils.

#34 calcicu

calcicu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

I would bind the top of part of my sack (holding the lentils), then flip the sack over and cut open the bottom. Then I'd pour the peas into the innkeeper's sack.

I totally agree. That is what i first think of doing. I mean, who wants to tie, flip, blah blah blah. just tie it and rip the dang thing open! yay laziness! :D

#35 Ultrachaud

Ultrachaud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

or the easier way would just to unbind the part of the sack the had the lentils and pour them into the innkeepers sack. then trade sacks, and your done. the first solution is too confusing and complicated i think. also the peas never leave the bag so its impossible for them to be devalued since they are still in original packaging.

Ok,man.Read carefully the riddle again.
YOU CANT TRADE SACKS!!!

#36 ozzief

ozzief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

I would bind the top of part of my sack (holding the lentils), then flip the sack over and cut open the bottom. Then I'd pour the peas into the innkeeper's sack.

That was my theory too.

#37 ozzief

ozzief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

Sack - Back to the Logic Puzzles
A poor farmer went to a market to sell some peas and lentils, however as he had only one sack and didn't want to mix peas and lentils, he poured in the peas at first, bound the sack up and than poured in the lentils. At the market a rich innkeeper wanted to buy the peas, but he did not want the lentils.
How would you solve this problem if you had only the sack of the innkeeper, which he wants to keep (without devaluing the goods).

Edit: Pouring the goods anywhere else than in sacks (eg. on the ground, table etc.) is considered as devaluing. Trading sacks is not allowed.

Spoiler for Solution

How do you unbind the sack if the binding is now covered with peas?

#38 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

How do you unbind the sack if the binding is now covered with peas?

see post 8

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#39 Drakontas

Drakontas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:33 AM

Just cut the bottom open.

You people think these simple things over too much, it's logic. Its simple.

#40 AK-Jack

AK-Jack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:17 AM

Cut a small hole on the bottom and pour the peas out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users