BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I just bought a brand new, 2008 Land Rover LR3, right off the showroom floor. I was taking it for a quick run through a well-known trail in my town, and would you believe it, I got a flat tire! Depressing, indeed. So I stopped, and with much disgust, changed out the tire. Now how may tires are in my beautiful Land Rover?

9 answers to this question

I just bought a brand new, 2008 Land Rover LR3, right off the showroom floor. I was taking it for a quick run through a well-known trail in my town, and would you believe it, I got a flat tire! Depressing, indeed. So I stopped, and with much disgust, changed out the tire. Now how may tires are in my beautiful Land Rover?

Hopefully you put the flat tire back where the spare came from (on the exterior) and not in the land rover, so '0'

Depends on if you were planning on getting the flat repaired soon or not, as I would assume if you were taking it to get it repaired then you would just throw it in the back making the answer 1, but if you weren't, you would put it back where the spare came from, making the answer 0

If you think about it the way I do... a Land Rover has 5 tires... flat or not. "In" the Land Rover, to me, refers to the whole space occupied by said Land Rover, not just the interior of the Land Rover. The 5 tires ARE indeed located within the space in which the Land Rover is located. Therefore the answer would be 5 tires are inside your Land Rover.

However... I have a feeling you are actually looking for another answer... "Zero tires are 'IN' the Land Rover " to be exact. In the way that only tires located in the interior of the vehicle are to be counted...

This leaves you with two valid answers, "five and zero", depending on your individual thinking patterns, as both are correct.