Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Finding Head

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1702 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

I posted a question similar to this one sometime ago but I thought it fun to revisit and make it a little more challenging, so here we go:

You are wearing a blindfold and thick gloves. An infinite number of quarters are laid out before you on a table of infinite area. Someone tells you that 20 of these quarters are tails and the rest are heads. He says that if you can split the quarters into 2 piles where the number of tails quarters is the same in both piles, then you win all of the quarters. You are allowed to move the quarters and to flip them over, but you can never tell what state a quarter is currently in (the blindfold prevents you from seeing, and the gloves prevent you from feeling which side is heads or tails). How do you partition the quarters so that you can win them all?

#2 kukupai

kukupai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Spoiler for I would...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users