As part of its community recreation program, Cozy Valley offers ten different activity courses each given once per week. The courses are scheduled two per evening, Monday through Friday, one from 6:00 to 8:00 and the other from 8:00 to 10:00. Each of the five Smith children is enrolled in two of the classes, with no two children taking any of the same courses. From the following clues, can you deduce the two courses each child is taking, as well as when each course is held?
1. None of the children is taking two classes the same night.
2. Both Linda and Jane take their two courses before Bob and Rick have either of theirs.
3. The judo course is held earlier the same evening as Jane takes one of her classes, while the floor-exercise class is the same evening as one of Bob's.
4. The volleyball, squash, and ballet courses, in that chronological order (but not necessarily consecutively) are held earlier in the week than the karate course.
5. Bob has his 2 courses on consecutive days; Jane does not.
6. Pete has one course the same night as the balance-beam class is held and his other course later the same evening as one of Rick's courses.
7. The floor-exercise class is held earlier in the week than the handball course which is held earlier in the week than table tennis.
8. Karate is Thursday from 6:00 to 8:00.
9. Rick takes neither tumbling nor handball.
10. Squash and table tennis have the same time period on different nights.