Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lausus

Lausus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

A man was born in 1917. He lived through great depression, fought in the war, and saw Martin Luther King Jr. give his famous speech. But this man is not allowed to vote for the president of America this year on account of his age. Why?

#2 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

A man was born in 1917. He lived through great depression, fought in the war, and saw Martin Luther King Jr. give his famous speech. But this man is not allowed to vote for the president of America this year on account of his age. Why?

Spoiler for can be a possible answer

Please verify the answer.

Edited by grey cells, 20 March 2008 - 05:19 PM.

#3 statman

statman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Spoiler for guess

#4 Lausus

Lausus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

Let me clarify: Not the president of America, but of the United States of America. The man was not mentally unstable and is still alive.

Edited by Lausus, 20 March 2008 - 05:23 PM.

#5 Theo

Theo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

Spoiler for Possible Spoiler

#6 brhan

brhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

Spoiler for my guess

#7 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

Spoiler for Then maybe I am wrong but
;)

Edited by grey cells, 20 March 2008 - 05:36 PM.

#8 Theo

Theo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

;)

i think u got it. makes the most sense.

Edited by Theo, 20 March 2008 - 05:40 PM.

#9 statman

statman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

;)

This still doesn't address why it is on account of his age. The problem states it is because of his age that he cannot vote.
Plus, election day is Nov 4, 2008, which is this year. That person will not be president until 2009, but the election is scheduled this year.

#10 Lausus

Lausus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

The election is in November of this year. He is a citizen. He fought for America in the war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users