Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bear

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#31 scuttill

scuttill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

Yes, but rumor is he missed the bear and accidentally hit one of Santa's reindeer. It's not a riddle; it's a tragedy. :unsure:

#32 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

Yes, but rumor is he missed the bear and accidentally hit one of Santa's reindeer. It's not a riddle; it's a tragedy. :unsure:

1 minute of silence for Santa's reindeer -_-

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#33 lulu1221

lulu1221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:42 AM

:lol: Well if it was the rendeer that ran over that boy's grandma, then he had it coming. Interesting facts though about the color of the fur.

#34 atulchaudhary

atulchaudhary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

Bear - Back to the Einstein's Riddles
The famous physicist made this riddle for his scholars. A fellow encountered a bear in a wasteland. There was nobody else there. Both were frightened and ran away. Fellow to the north, bear to the west. Suddenly the fellow stopped, aimed his gun to the south and shot the bear. What colour was the bear?
If you don't know, this may help you: if the bear ran 3.14 times faster than the fellow (still westwards), the fellow could have shot straight in front of him, however for the booty he would have to go to the south.

Spoiler for Solution

white polar bear .

#35 onetruth

onetruth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:16 AM

That was too funny.

#36 sage

sage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

Whoa. Very rarely do I encounter people who know that a polar bear's fur is indeed clear and that the properties of the hair reflect and refract light in such a way as to make it appear white, especially when surrounded by snow. However, the question does not ask what color is the bear's fur. It asks, what color is the bear? And generally speaking, despite the clear hair feature, the polar bear does indeed appear to be white in color in most any surroundings (except zoos where fungus turns the fur green - sad :(

I say the bear would be red.. if he was shot he was bleeding? :P

#37 Zutara21

Zutara21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

This reminds me of another riddle.

A man lives in a house where all walls face north. He is all alone in this wasteland. He goes outside and is frightened to see a bear there. What color is the bear??

lol, the bear is obviously white because he's a polar bear. ^^

This is the type of riddle where the details aren't important, but try to see the obvious. Love it.

#38 arthuroys

arthuroys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:27 AM

I appologize in advance if I am resurrecting this thread, as I see that the serious discussion has been over for a while, but reading through it, I got to the solution with the help of a friend of mine, but then realized that the solution is no longer completely valid, and in the near future will almost certainly be no longer valid.

I refer to global warming.

While during Einstein's time polar bears may have had the opportunity to roam all the way up to the arctic circle, now that the ice caps have melted so much, we might not have to wait much longer before this solution no longer becomes valid. (I'm not entirely sure that it is still valid even now.)

#39 archurro

archurro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

polar bear.

#40 Steve Luke

Steve Luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

I refer to global warming.

While during Einstein's time polar bears may have had the opportunity to roam all the way up to the arctic circle, now that the ice caps have melted so much, we might not have to wait much longer before this solution no longer becomes valid. (I'm not entirely sure that it is still valid even now.)

... please ...

Normal Polar Bear range never reached the North Pole, but that isn't important to the riddle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users