BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I'll get to my problem in a sec but I just wanna say wow u guys are fricking geniues!! I'm only 14 go to school and I dance if u want to see a vid of me go to "youtube.com" and search boomer cwalk and go to my latest video k now for my problem

I'm so not lying when I say this

Everytime I go on I lose the Ability to be funny or keep up 5 minute convosation or even 1

Now I noticed that I gain it back very slowly overtime only if I stay off the computer but if I go on comp my progress restarts I'm like WTF!!

I also noticed that after like spring break the day we come back in a whole different person like I can talk to anyone or be halarious BUT only for one day then i slowly fade to the kid who never talks

When I'm on the computer sometimes I feel a shiver and then i twitch in my chest or sometimes I shiver then twitch when talking I'm thinking to myself if I shiver with people I'm gaining people skills but I'm losing if I shiver at the computer

I wasint always the qeuit kid before I used to be the center of attention the kid that u always wanted to around (surprising I wasint a jerk)

My question is what makes me lose people skills? Is it really the compter (longer I'm off the more people skills I gain but I stop gaining after a month for example)

I really hate this cause everyone talks to me and now I have to avoid them and it sucks cause I know everyone and I'm the one who carrys the Congo within my friends

9 answers to this question

first of all, can I say how brave I think you are for saying all these things out loud, and not to mention what an incredible insight it takes to figure this out.

and you should know you are probably feeling no different than any other 14 year old, they may just be better at hiding it.

and if you think the computer is hindering you socially, and you want to change it, then try it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

just know that you dont have to the center of attention or be hilareous, just be yourself (I know it's hard to know what that means, since you are still trying to figure out who you are...just dont force it).

I dont have time to write right now, so I'll reply more later and hopefully, you'll get other responses from others as well.

I can empathize with your feelings. In high school and college I was the outgoing, social kid. A life event happened that caused me to be bed-ridden for 6 weeks. After that I had a really hard time being out going. I also started to feel panic whenever I was amidst a group of people. I was a professional musician at this point and thought it VERY odd that I could be on stage as the focus of over 100 people and feel fine, but when I was in the mall among 100 people I would panic, get grumpy, and want to leave immediately. It turns out that I exhibit a mild form of agoraphobia. It started when I was bed ridden. I’ve been told that social isolationism can enhance itself. Maybe the social isolation of being on a computer is enhancing some small characteristic of introvertedness in you. I cope with my problem by being aware of it and forcing myself to realize it’s an irrational fear. I then do everything I can to stretch my boundaries. When I just can’t take it, I just retreat for a bit and then try again. For me, that could be just going to the bathroom for a bit and closing my eyes. Try to analyze what exactly keeps you from speaking out, and confront those feelings.

Ok, enough of my 2 cent psychology. ;)

mate im 16

this is sorta the same with me

I run at a club, and there i am like the guy, but at skool im popular but not like the most, im sorta in the 2nd crowd n never no wat to say or do

but its exactly the opposite at running.

I think I'm the youngest so far at 12 years old

that's starting to explain all the dumb things I say, huh?

Perhaps you've just gotten bored with being the center of attention

I used to love having lots of friends and everyone wanted to talk to me

But it got boring and annoying having to talk to a bunch of people I don't like that much

So now I only have a few friends

a bunch of people still try to talk to me

I just brush them off, I hate all the attention

(haivnt bin on in a while)

well since i notice it has been ruining it ive been on the computer mabye 2 every 6 months or the odd time when i need to go on thei nternet for hiomeowkr