Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Meeting (meet this challenge)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#11 eyebee

eyebee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

Actually this is quite a straighforward puzzle (although very large, so it takes some time to work through). The only problematic clue is no. 20 "Pamela and her husband borrowed the book that Mr and Mrs Zajac brought". The only thing you can deduce from this clue immediately is that Pamela is not Mrs Zajac. Once you have filled in all the other clues you then can see that The Seadog is the only book that Pamela could have borrowed from the Zajacs.

#12 Svetka-Konfetka

Svetka-Konfetka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:44 PM

Oh.. This one is the hardest riddle I've tried. I've started 4 times at least and still can't finish. But I'm definetely gonna do it!!

#13 Svetka-Konfetka

Svetka-Konfetka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

Actually this is quite a straighforward puzzle (although very large, so it takes some time to work through). The only problematic clue is no. 20 "Pamela and her husband borrowed the book that Mr and Mrs Zajac brought". The only thing you can deduce from this clue immediately is that Pamela is not Mrs Zajac. Once you have filled in all the other clues you then can see that The Seadog is the only book that Pamela could have borrowed from the Zajacs.

Thank you for tip!!!!!

#14 Svetka-Konfetka

Svetka-Konfetka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

I've got it! Woohoo!!! I feel my brain "refreshing". I can resolve the same riddle from time to time, once in a half of a year approx., when the logic and deduction chain is forgotten. And you try it like the first time. It's some kind of an exercise for your brain.

Edited by Svetka-Konfetka, 13 November 2008 - 11:19 PM.

#15 zivkovic.ante

zivkovic.ante

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

I'd just like to share my approach to solving these riddles; I basically make a table for each connection given and then just eliminate
the illogical connections in my main tables. I've attached a screenshot of what I've done for this one.

I suppose this is the ordinary way of doing these riddles, only that I did it on a computer instead of paper or in my head supercomputer style :).

Posted Image

Edited by zivkovic.ante, 07 November 2010 - 09:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users