BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

You are a detective. You take a lunch break at a spherical restaurant. The lights go off you here a scream. Lady at table 42 is dead on the floor. You have narrowed it down to 4 possible suspects. The vacationer, the waitress, the manager, and the chef. They all have stories, but one of them is lying. Feel free to ask questions. I will start.

I ask the vacationer: Where were you at the scene of the crime.

A few questions.

Nancy: when 42 said she didn't like the soup, did she keep eating it anyway, or have it sent back? If a customer doesn't like an order, isn't it really kinda just S.O.L. for the one who ordered it? Who tasted (and liked) the soup other than you and the chef. So, it's the middle of a lunch rush. Did you really have the time to be chatting it up with your friend, or even bothering whether she liked the soup or not? Did you know the traveller?

Traveller: Did you know the chef, manager, or Nancy at all? You really want to make things tougher on yourself and evade questions? How did you cut your finger? What is your line of "business?"

Chef: why does it matter that someone didn't like your soup? I imagine this happens all the time, daily and you don't even hear about it, cause frankly, who cares? Why did you taste the soup AFTER someone thought it tasted bad. Didn't you already taste it before you served it up, as every chef does, to make sure it tastes right?

you: So, a murder happens, and the only people that remain are a detective (me) and four suspects, cleaning up the mess (referring to the waitress cleaning up the glass). Why is the evidence allowed to be moved? Why isn't the whole business now closed for the day (at least)? Why are the people in the other room still there? Where's the police, why isn't everyone in the place (and those who had left) thoroughly questioned by police? Why is the vacationer a suspect? Because of the glass? I do agree that there was a slight mistake about the amount of light in the place in the middle of a lunch rush.

You: So, you're saying that all four suspects had deep bloody wounds in their hands in need of immediate medical care (stitches)? Who had the most blood on them?

Personal thoughts: something about this soup business seems a little out of proportion to me (can you tell?). Why does the waitress only seem to know things about her best friend.

Edited by lotus

Maybe....

The chef actually attempted to killed za vacationer, but he got mixed with #s, 21 and 42 21*2=42 vice versa Huh?

Manager: HOW STUPID COULD YOU GET!!! LETTING EVERYONE GO NEAR THE FUSE BOX!!!! idiot :dry: Manager: Sir, I am going to have to ask you to leave if you are going to be rude to me. :(

you: shouldn't ANYONE have some thing that coulda gave light(as it was lunch rush), someone should have a cellphone or at least a lighted watch or something.

No one had a light on at that time.

person at table 41: didja see ANYTHING????

Person at table 41: Sir I am blind, my seeing eye dog might have seen something.

Dog: *Barking angrily at the waitress*

Edited by Kittykat101

Maybe....

The chef actually attempted to killed za vacationer, but he got mixed with #s, 21 and 42 21*2=42 vice versa

Manager: HOW STUPID COULD YOU GET!!! LETTING EVERYONE GO NEAR THE FUSE BOX!!!! idiot :dry:

you: shouldn't ANYONE have some thing that coulda gave light(as it was lunch rush), someone should have a cellphone or at least a lighted watch or something.

person at table 41: didja see ANYTHING????

No

What about table 43? hehehehehehe.

Point to waitress, pulls mask of, turns out to be a ghost! looking for revenge on the poor nancy! BUMBUMBUM!!

HOW COULD ANYBODY NOT HAVE A LIGHT! WHAT ARE THE ODDS! My dad had a lighted watch, my sister keeps her phone with her at all times!!!

mANAGER: fine, but could you recite the respective reasons of why you let those people close to the fuse box?

You: Can I do it NCIS style? bring everyone to Interrogation, interrogate until they answer or wet their pants! oh yeah!

A few questions.

Nancy: when 42 said she didn't like the soup, did she keep eating it anyway, or have it sent back? If a customer doesn't like an order, isn't it really kinda just S.O.L. for the one who ordered it? Who tasted (and liked) the soup other than you and the chef. So, it's the middle of a lunch rush. Did you really have the time to be chatting it up with your friend, or even bothering whether she liked the soup or not? Did you know the traveller?

Traveller: Did you know the chef, manager, or Nancy at all? You really want to make things tougher on yourself and evade questions? How did you cut your finger? What is your line of "business?"

Chef: why does it matter that someone didn't like your soup? I imagine this happens all the time, daily and you don't even hear about it, cause frankly, who cares? Why did you taste the soup AFTER someone thought it tasted bad. Didn't you already taste it before you served it up, as every chef does, to make sure it tastes right?

you: So, a murder happens, and the only people that remain are a detective (me) and four suspects, cleaning up the mess (referring to the waitress cleaning up the glass). Why is the evidence allowed to be moved? Why isn't the whole business now closed for the day (at least)? Why are the people in the other room still there? Where's the police, why isn't everyone in the place (and those who had left) thoroughly questioned by police? Why is the vacationer a suspect? Because of the glass? I do agree that there was a slight mistake about the amount of light in the place in the middle of a lunch rush.

You: So, you're saying that all four suspects had deep bloody wounds in their hands in need of immediate medical care (stitches)? Who had the most blood on them?

Personal thoughts: something about this soup business seems a little out of proportion to me (can you tell?). Why does the waitress only seem to know things about her best friend.

Nancy: Betsy just pushed the soup aside and said "i'm done..." A lot of people tried the soup and loved it, Betsy was the only one who wasn't fond of it. No, I only had a 2 minute conversation with Betsy. Yes, I knew the traveler, me, the chef, the vacationer, and betsy were in high school together.

Traveler: I know the manager, for picking up nancy all the time, and me, the chef, nancy, and betsy went to highschool together, but they all went to the same collage, but i went to Wisconsin state. Jim (the chef) cut it off when i was 17. I work in a pillow factory.

Chef: I worked 13 dang hours on that soup to perfect it, then to find out from my old love that she hates it. This dish is special, but i don't care about the other low quality crud i make. I tasted it plenty of times before she said it tastes bad. I and many other people said it tastes wonderful.

Me: Well the evidence isn't being moved. No one is actually doing their job, the business is technically closed. The people in the other room are gone too, it's not even nessecary because they aren't any trouble. They police in Los Angeles are incompetent, and if the police were here there would be no point in this game. The vacationer is a suspect because he had relations to this woman, some of them bad. Acording to the manager it was movie hour, they take down the big screen dim the lights, so you can still see. Sorry, can't answer that cause they all washed their hands.

It;s not just a soup business, it's an restaurant, but the chefs specialty is soup. Maybe you people should ask her something else then.

What about table 43? hehehehehehe.

Point to waitress, pulls mask of, turns out to be a ghost! looking for revenge on the poor nancy! BUMBUMBUM!!

HOW COULD ANYBODY NOT HAVE A LIGHT! WHAT ARE THE ODDS! My dad had a lighted watch, my sister keeps her phone with her at all times!!!

mANAGER: fine, but could you recite the respective reasons of why you let those people close to the fuse box?

You: Can I do it NCIS style? bring everyone to Interrogation, interrogate until they answer or wet their pants! oh yeah!

You really want to ask the terrified 2 year old and the half blind lady at table 43? Well who would want to ruin the screen with a light, anyways, small lights like that wouldn't help very much, only if the old lady, the blind man, or the 2 year old had a light.

Manager: WELL I CANT HELP IT IF STUPID PEOPLE HAVE TO WALK BY MY STATION TO GET INTO THE DINING AREA CAN I??!?!?!!?

Me: Uh.... NO!

Nancy: Betsy just pushed the soup aside and said "i'm done..." A lot of people tried the soup and loved it, Betsy was the only one who wasn't fond of it. No, I only had a 2 minute conversation with Betsy. Yes, I knew the traveler, me, the chef, the vacationer, and betsy were in high school together.

Traveler: I know the manager, for picking up nancy all the time, and me, the chef, nancy, and betsy went to highschool together, but they all went to the same collage, but i went to Wisconsin state. Jim (the chef) cut it off when i was 17. I work in a pillow factory.

Chef: I worked 13 dang hours on that soup to perfect it, then to find out from my old love that she hates it. This dish is special, but i don't care about the other low quality crud i make. I tasted it plenty of times before she said it tastes bad. I and many other people said it tastes wonderful.

Me: Well the evidence isn't being moved. No one is actually doing their job, the business is technically closed. The people in the other room are gone too, it's not even nessecary because they aren't any trouble. They police in Los Angeles are incompetent, and if the police were here there would be no point in this game. The vacationer is a suspect because he had relations to this woman, some of them bad. Acording to the manager it was movie hour, they take down the big screen dim the lights, so you can still see. Sorry, can't answer that cause they all washed their hands.

It;s not just a soup business, it's an restaurant, but the chefs specialty is soup. Maybe you people should ask her something else then.

So, you're saying no one has bandages or is bleeding out of control. I'm saying, if someone killed someone with a shard of glass, then someone will have a gashing wound on their hand. I'm talking something that will be obvious. You can't wash this off.

So, you're saying no one has bandages or is bleeding out of control. I'm saying, if someone killed someone with a shard of glass, then someone will have a gashing wound on their hand. I'm talking something that will be obvious. You can't wash this off.

\

I'll tell you this, they were wearing gloves.

well considering that there is no detective kit, can i take powdered sugar or flour and dust the fusebox for fingerprints? if not then i have a few questions.

The waitress was a friend of the victim right? Where they ever fighting over the chef? or have some sort of rivalry between them about the chef?does the chef use life food for his meals? because if he was using packaged food then why would there be blood on his hands? anyway that's all i got.

well considering that there is no detective kit, can i take powdered sugar or flour and dust the fusebox for fingerprints? if not then i have a few questions.

The waitress was a friend of the victim right? Where they ever fighting over the chef? or have some sort of rivalry between them about the chef?does the chef use life food for his meals? because if he was using packaged food then why would there be blood on his hands? anyway that's all i got.

I know that kitty answered the question about the chef already. Live food is exactly why he has blood on his hands.

You are a detective. You take a lunch break at a spherical restaurant. The lights go off you here a scream. Lady at table 42 is dead on the floor. You have narrowed it down to 4 possible suspects. The vacationer, the waitress, the manager, and the chef. They all have stories, but one of them is lying. Feel free to ask questions. I will start.

I ask the vacationer: Where were you at the scene of the crime.

Question about clarification: The one that is lying about the story. Is every answer he/she provides also a lie, or just proclaiming his/her innocence.

Question to the chef: What did the lady at 42 order for a main course?

Question about detective's observations: Is the fuse panel clearly marked as to what fuses control only the lights on this hemisphere of the restaurant, or would someone need to know ahead of time exactly which fuse to pull?

Question about clarification: The one that is lying about the story. Is every answer he/she provides also a lie, or just proclaiming his/her innocence.

Question to the chef: What did the lady at 42 order for a main course?

Question about detective's observations: Is the fuse panel clearly marked as to what fuses control only the lights on this hemisphere of the restaurant, or would someone need to know ahead of time exactly which fuse to pull?

To better clarify my own question, was the fuse panel even the reason the lights went out?

To waitress: When did you notice that all the vases were broken and why weren't they cleaned up sooner? Waitress: Well the murder was commited at 1:08 and after mourning over my friend I noticed at 3:17. I know, i'm a moron. I cleaned it up though! But at 4:00. Now it's 4:49.

Why did the detective let her clean up the crime scene?

To waitress: When did you notice that all the vases were broken and why weren't they cleaned up sooner? Waitress: Well the murder was commited at 1:08 and after mourning over my friend I noticed at 3:17. I know, i'm a moron. I cleaned it up though! But at 4:00. Now it's 4:49.

Why did the detective let her clean up the crime scene?

I missed an entire page of this, so just answer the questions that haven't been answered already... Sorry for the confusion

I missed an entire page of this, so just answer the questions that haven't been answered already... Sorry for the confusion

I asked the same question, but then she seemed to have changed her mind and said that no one has moved any of the crime scene.

Nancy: (waitress, right?) Tell me about your decision to date the chef, tonight? Will you go on another date, do you think, after all this blows over?

Nancy: I really like the chef, so I guess i want to ask him again.

Chef says: I don't want you snooping around in my kitchen, nothing personal, just I am very protective about my space.

Yes the waitress was a victim friend. Yes for about a year they fought over the chef, it almost ruined their friendship. When Betsy just gave up to date the vacationer, Nancy was relieved. The food is fresh. The chef kills it right out back.

Sorry, it's a computer fusebox.

Question about clarification: The one that is lying about the story. Is every answer he/she provides also a lie, or just proclaiming his/her innocence. No, some are real answers.

Question to the chef: What did the lady at 42 order for a main course? She ordered salad.

Question about detective's observations: Is the fuse panel clearly marked as to what fuses control only the lights on this hemisphere of the restaurant, or would someone need to know ahead of time exactly which fuse to pull? You can't pull, you press. Anyway, they are labled, room 1, room 2. The lights in room 2 were pressed, i due remind with gloves.

I asked the same question, but then she seemed to have changed her mind and said that no one has moved any of the crime scene.

No i said that first, then the waitress cleaned it up. When we found out they used gloves, what was the point of fingerprints?

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!!! Otherwise SHH!!!!!!

The lights turn off, they seem like their off for good. TRUSTY CELL PHONE TO THE RESCUE! Nancy calls a technician. Technician says: I'll be their in about an hour. FYI, me and you people are the detective. We see if anything happened. We find the manager dead, seemingly strangled. We feel his pulse, none, wait! two beats per min. .............. still two. We have till 5 tonite to save him, i will inform you because of the different timezones.