BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

You are a detective. You take a lunch break at a spherical restaurant. The lights go off you here a scream. Lady at table 42 is dead on the floor. You have narrowed it down to 4 possible suspects. The vacationer, the waitress, the manager, and the chef. They all have stories, but one of them is lying. Feel free to ask questions. I will start.

I ask the vacationer: Where were you at the scene of the crime.

You said there were 7 broken vases and she was stabbed 8 times. Look around the restaurant, is there a vase missing from one of the tables? Out of all the suspects, are all of their vases broken or missing?

We suspected them because all of there vases were broken and bloody on the floor. (4 out of 7 vases were on the floor)

to all of the suspects: let me see your hands. are there any cuts or wounds on any of the suspects hands?

Was there an explosion or some type of accidental event that triggered the power going out?

since the restaurant is spherical themed, I am also asking the location of these table numbers, are they all located in the same small area?

Question for you: Did you examine the body for traces of poison?

I find it curious that our dear dead lady was tasting the chef's creation, according to him. :huh:

Me: After examining the body closely there is no trace of poison. Also no one else died because of the soup.

to all of the suspects: let me see your hands. are there any cuts or wounds on any of the suspects hands? There are blood stains on every suspects hands.

Was there an explosion or some type of accidental event that triggered the power going out? No

since the restaurant is spherical themed, I am also asking the location of these table numbers, are they all located in the same small area? There is a back room and the front room, the front room seats 50 tables, and that is where the murder was, the back room has no idea this happened.

Chef says: I was cutting life chicken of course i have blood on my hands!!!!

Waitress and Manager says: Of course if we are right next to a crime scene we will get blood on our hands!

Vacationer says: I don't have to explain myself to an amature like you.

no, they wouldn't all have blood on their hands unless it was a scene from Carrie. But that's besides the point.

I asked if they had any cuts or wounds on their hands, not blood. It takes a lot of pressure to puncture skin, if the victim was stabbed with glass shards then surely the culprit would not have been unscathed.

Vacationer: Had he met the victim before? Where are you visiting from? Out of all the places in the world, what brings you to this location to vacation?

Well the Chef the Vacationer all have scars on their hands except the Chefs wound seems older.

Vacationer answers: *Grunt* I have met Betsy before. I am visiting from Wisconsin. Everyone loves to go to Los Angeles (where this is taking place) and this place is right next to my hotel. I just wanted to get away from my kids, I'm on a "Business Trip"

It was the chef.

The chef had motives. First, he was taken the place of by the manager's daughter, making him only second favorite.

He was angry at the girl but did not want to have a bad reputation with the manager by refusing her request to go on a date with him.

He continued with his work, making his specialty soup which he thought was amazing.

The waitress (manager's daughter) notified the chef of her best friends order, and somehow introduced her to him. [Maybe she just said they were friends or actually brought him to her].

In any case, they met, and he made her some of his soup.

When she tasted the soup and said it was disgusting, the chef became even more angry, and went out of control.

Knowing that the best friend had relations with the waitress, he thought killing her would be the best way to get revenge for being demoted to second favorite.

...I know this is long already, but the following is some of my not so logical theories. It's more of a 'could of happened' scenarios.

So, the chef had previously known the vacationer at table 21, and so formed an alliance with him.

He asked the vacationer to 'accidentally' drop some vases. His excuse: Frustration that his order was not being fulfilled. [since he previously knew the dead lady, he may have formed a grudge on her for something she did]

Because of this, the manager had to leave his desk and clean up the mess since everyone else was busy.

In this time, the chef went to his desk, turned out the lights, ran to table 42, and killed the lady with the broken glass fragments.

His benefit was not having to go on a date with the waitress, and no more complaints about his soup. ^_^

Sorry for it being so long.

If I am completely off [which I most likely am], my question is:

To waitress: When did you notice that all the vases were broken and why weren't they cleaned up sooner?

I think that the vacationer was the actual murderer. The chef came up with the idea. The vacationer is not clear on why he was there. This implies that the chef threatened the vacationer. The chef turned out the lights. The vacationer broke the glass and killed the victim. Am I on the right track?

Waitress:

How many costumers were there?

lol

to vacationer: well, what is it? A business trip or an escape from your kids? Where did you meet Betsy at before? Where did you get the wounds on your hands?

VACATIONER: i'M JUST TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM MY FAMILY BUT THEY THINK IT'S A BUSSINESS TRIP!

lol

to vacationer: well, what is it? A business trip or an escape from your kids? Where did you meet Betsy at before? Where did you get the wounds on your hands?

VACATIONER: She was my ex. I cut my finger off, and had to get surgery.

It was the chef.

The chef had motives. First, he was taken the place of by the manager's daughter, making him only second favorite.

He was angry at the girl but did not want to have a bad reputation with the manager by refusing her request to go on a date with him.

He continued with his work, making his specialty soup which he thought was amazing.

The waitress (manager's daughter) notified the chef of her best friends order, and somehow introduced her to him. [Maybe she just said they were friends or actually brought him to her].

In any case, they met, and he made her some of his soup.

When she tasted the soup and said it was disgusting, the chef became even more angry, and went out of control.

Knowing that the best friend had relations with the waitress, he thought killing her would be the best way to get revenge for being demoted to second favorite. You question the chef with that: I would not do such a thing. She did not call off her date i did, i didn't want a date where she was sobbing for her stupid best friend. I am angry at betsy but i would never sink that low.

...I know this is long already, but the following is some of my not so logical theories. It's more of a 'could of happened' scenarios.

So, the chef had previously known the vacationer at table 21, and so formed an alliance with him. Chef answers: I hate the vacationer, when i was younger, betsy liked me but i didn't like her back, then Johnnny, (The vacationer) came a long and took her away from me, then i finally started liking her, and i cut off his finger.

He asked the vacationer to 'accidentally' drop some vases. His excuse: Frustration that his order was not being fulfilled. [since he previously knew the dead lady, he may have formed a grudge on her for something she did]

Because of this, the manager had to leave his desk and clean up the mess since everyone else was busy.

In this time, the chef went to his desk, turned out the lights, ran to table 42, and killed the lady with the broken glass fragments.

His benefit was not having to go on a date with the waitress, and no more complaints about his soup. ^_^

Sorry for it being so long.

If I am completely off [which I most likely am], my question is:

To waitress: When did you notice that all the vases were broken and why weren't they cleaned up sooner? Waitress: Well the murder was commited at 1:08 and after mourning over my friend I noticed at 3:17. I know, i'm a moron. I cleaned it up though! But at 4:00. Now it's 4:49.

lol i'm glad some1 made a mystery after seeing mine :lol:

anyway,

is there any way that the fuse box could have been set on a timer?

Manager: The fusebox could be used as a timer, yes, OMG, how could it of not been obviuos. But I was the only person near the fusebox all day. Except the vacationer, my daughter, Betsy, and the chef. SHOOT.

Waitress:

How many costumers were there?

I think that the vacationer was the actual murderer. The chef came up with the idea. The vacationer is not clear on why he was there. This implies that the chef threatened the vacationer. The chef turned out the lights. The vacationer broke the glass and killed the victim. Am I on the right track?
Uhh....NO.

Waitress: Every table was filled. It was a huge lunch rush!

umm...

how many windows are in this place? I mean, who cares if the lights go out...since it's lunch time, if there are ANY windows, then SOMEONE must have seen something, right?

Well, there are 18 windows, but all of them had shades over them, and none of them were broken. Well it's to late to find out now, because we had everyone but the suspects and the staff evacuated.

Maybe....

The chef actually attempted to killed za vacationer, but he got mixed with #s, 21 and 42 21*2=42 vice versa

Manager: HOW STUPID COULD YOU GET!!! LETTING EVERYONE GO NEAR THE FUSE BOX!!!! idiot :dry:

you: shouldn't ANYONE have some thing that coulda gave light(as it was lunch rush), someone should have a cellphone or at least a lighted watch or something.

person at table 41: didja see ANYTHING????