BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

While performing a search on this site, I noticed that there is a restriction placed for search terms under 3 characters. While I strongly agree with it's use, I find it a bit of a pain when the main search terms are 2-digit numbers. Could we make an exception for numerical search terms, or is this too trivial a thing to deal with?

Edited by Romulus064

5 answers to this question

as already written in the rules:

If one keyword results in too many hits, search for multiple keywords using the plus sign. Example, try searching for “stamps +dozen” (make sure there is no space between the + sign and the word dozen).

If there is still too much to sift through, you may use Google search incorporated into non-forum pages of this website. For instance, on the BrainDen.com home page, try the search box located in the top right hand corner. Type in “in a dozen” (including the quotes). Note that this Google search is performed only for BrainDen pages (forum and non-forum) and can handle search for words with 3 characters (and less) better than the forum search.

When I search for a riddle, and use the "+" it seems to still take the first word. Is that just how it works? should I be trying different combinations of the words?

Also is there a way to do a search of just the first post? I was trying to find a riddle that was removed from the forum. I forget exactly how it went, but I searched for key words in it, like, grey+scarf..., but instead I got a ton of riddles that had them key words in the answers of completely different riddles, because the keywords in the riddle I was searching for showed up more in answers to other riddles.

When I search for a riddle, and use the "+" it seems to still take the first word. Is that just how it works? should I be trying different combinations of the words?

Also is there a way to do a search of just the first post? I was trying to find a riddle that was removed from the forum. I forget exactly how it went, but I searched for key words in it, like, grey+scarf..., but instead I got a ton of riddles that had them key words in the answers of completely different riddles, because the keywords in the riddle I was searching for showed up more in answers to other riddles.

nevermind, I seen the advanced search link. :duh:

Can someone tell me how to search for old word puzzles? I tried using the Advanced Search, but had no luck. I searched by title, but if the title was different the first time the puzzle was posted, is there another way to find it?

Thanks for you help and Happy Holidays everyone!

Can someone tell me how to search for old word puzzles? I tried using the Advanced Search, but had no luck. I searched by title, but if the title was different the first time the puzzle was posted, is there another way to find it?

Thanks for you help and Happy Holidays everyone!

You can send me PM with all details and I will have a look - remember that the search keywords should be longer than 3 characters and should be unique. Often a simple Google search with unique keywords from the homepage BrainDen.com can help.