BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Of the 90 people involved in the train wreck, no one was seriously hurt, but two were identified as DEAD! How is this possible?

Edited by txmom2

Of the 90 people involved in the train wreck, no one was seriously hurt, but two were identified as DEAD! How is this possible?

They were already dead and hopefully in coffins.

A few ideas... the dead were two animals(pets), the two dead weren't hurt but had heart attacks because of shock... thought of some others, but I think these were my best two.

A few ideas... the dead were two animals(pets), the two dead weren't hurt but had heart attacks because of shock... thought of some others, but I think these were my best two.

I would just like to say, this may be because I'm a tree hugger, but I qualify animals as 'someone'. I don't know if everyone else thinks that way, but animals are people too!

No one was hurt, but two were killed instantly.

Oh... wait...posted while I was typing -.-

Yeah, that reminds me of another riddle.

Edited by Ginka

The dead where not on the train ... as in they were in a car crossing the tracks that got hit

I don't know about you, but I'd say a car being hit would be part of the train wreck.

I would just like to say, this may be because I'm a tree hugger, but I qualify animals as 'someone'. I don't know if everyone else thinks that way, but animals are people too!

I'm pretty liberal myself but there is no way I would call animals people. I think that people are animals but I don't think the reverse is true. Oops, wrong forum. ;)

Tech point - People are animals too!

DEAD is short for something, cause you didn't write 'dead', but 'DEAD' with all capitals...

Of course, I have no idea what it could be short for.

yes I did that for a reason because I got this from a book where capitals and spellings can change the whole meaning of the thing.

then the word dead would have no caps, but for it to be gramicly corect, you'd have to have some capitals, so I made it all capitals so that part wouldn't give the answer away.

yes I did that for a reason because I got this from a book where capitals and spellings can change the whole meaning of the thing.
then the word dead would have no caps, but for it to be gramicly corect, you'd have to have some capitals, so I made it all capitals so that part wouldn't give the answer away.

Cool, that makes sense! ...I still don't know the answer, though. :)

Of the 92 or more involved, there were 2 who died. Of the 90 (specific group of 90), no one was seriously hurt. There is NOTHING that says there were ONLY 90 involved in the train wreck.

Edited by jadarite

Of the 92 or more involved, there were 2 who died. Of the 90 (specific group of 90), no one was seriously hurt. There is NOTHING that says there were ONLY 90 involved in the train wreck.

I never thought of it that way!

I'm pretty liberal myself but there is no way I would call animals people. I think that people are animals but I don't think the reverse is true. Oops, wrong forum. ;)

Okay, well I talk to them like people :D

I can't believe no one has heard this one!

Mr. and Mrs. Dead were on the train at the time of the collision.

I'm asuming you've read the book or know someone who has.

If they are playing around with words and saying 2 of them were called Mr. and Mrs. Dead, then it's just semantics. I don't consider that a logic puzzle, nor does it involve any math.