BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hi,

I created a puzzle for a project I am working on, but I find it hard to be objective about it's suitability because I obviously know the answer. I have no idea if the answer is blindingly obvious or totally obscure. I would appreciate you having a look and giving me some feedback.

The have to derive a 5 digit code from the following:

puzzle.png

Edited by Jumbli

Are you looking for a way to make one set of 5 digits out of the two sets of six digits?

Multiply the first set by each other and get 324

Add the next group and get 21

So 32421?

Are the symbols meant to be clues?

Are you looking for a way to make one set of 5 digits out of the two sets of six digits?

Multiply the first set by each other and get 324

Add the next group and get 21

So 32421?

Are the symbols meant to be clues?

Yes, the symbols are clues.

Yes, you do need to get 5 digits from the two groups of 5 digits.

There is no maths involved.

[spoiler='

']10316?

Sorry, no.

Maybe I need to provide the information I have given in the above hints from the start. Have a look at them and see what you think.

My take would be that the images under the numbers are the "instruction" on how to find the code. I was thinking that the "X" might be the position of the locks and the digits they represent, and then the arrow would mean the number you have to take, like on the first number you have a lock on the digit "3", then count 3 digits (the 3 bars) and take the next digit in the code. But that would leave you with two digits (after doing the same with the other lock) so I'm not sure if I am on the right track.

Another idea might be that the colors and shapes represent the 5 digits needed (5 symbols -> 5 digits) and that you would have to start with this...)

I see 3 spaces, so I assume the 3 stick symbols below mean something. This is pretty interesting, but my brain is fried at the moment.
:blink:

The spaces between the numbers are relevant, but all the spaces have an impact on the answer.

My take would be that the images under the numbers are the "instruction" on how to find the code. I was thinking that the "X" might be the position of the locks and the digits they represent, and then the arrow would mean the number you have to take, like on the first number you have a lock on the digit "3", then count 3 digits (the 3 bars) and take the next digit in the code. But that would leave you with two digits (after doing the same with the other lock) so I'm not sure if I am on the right track.

Another idea might be that the colors and shapes represent the 5 digits needed (5 symbols -> 5 digits) and that you would have to start with this...)

They are instructions, correct. They are telling you what to do with the two sets of numbers to make the answer stand out, but not in the way you are thinking.

I may have made this too difficult.

Here are a summary of tips:

The three symbols below the numbers are instructions.

When two into one makes three

The answer becomes most clear

To access the final code

Take the numbers from far to near

If you say no math involved, does it mean no addition or subsstraction or modifying the numbers in any way? That would mean the code would be the alteration of the 5 digits present right?

If you say no math involved, does it mean no addition or subsstraction or modifying the numbers in any way? That would mean the code would be the alteration of the 5 digits present right?

Yes, that is what I mean by the previous spoiler.

No correct answers so far and I see someone has given it a bad rating so it must be too obscure. Sorry about that.

Old clues:

The three symbols below the numbers are instructions.

When two into one makes three

The answer becomes most clear

To access the final code

Take the numbers from far to near

New clue:

The three symbols below the numbers are instructions of what to do with your eyes.

Edited by Jumbli