BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

There were you->the chef,6 men->boarders of the ship, 5 apples and a knife.Several minutes later,the six men wanted an apple(but not you)each.How can you divide the apple among the six men by using the knife 1 time?

you just give the first 4 an apple then the last 2 get half of one each, using the knife once to cut the apple in half

Edited by Assassinator

Evenly?

:o

1- You can't, as if 6 men want an apple and you only have one you can't give them each an (full) apple.

2- fancy slice involving slicing the knife halfway through the apple with the knife vertically perpendicular to the stem (y axis of apple), curving it 60degrees and following through so that the knife ends up 240degrees from the original cut (but not cutting all the way through so that it falls apart) then moving the knife backward, then repeating until everything is cut apart except the top that's held together by a tiny bit of apple. works better with a double-edged knife.

3- bite off pieces

4- use the wood from the boat

5- any other method of breaking apart the apple as it does not say "evenly".

oi, i didn't know there were 5 apples xD these would work if there was 1 apple...

Edited by Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon

Kev-o,mudguts and nik almost correct.But later when u kill someone then the chef go jail and the rest 5 men will die of starvation because they do not know how to cook food.Try another answer.

kill urself because your suppose to be cooking for 6 people and only brought 5 apples and one knife. ur obviously a pretty decent failure

Hahahahahahahaha, I thought the 'stab one of the guys' was the funniest answer, but you got it! :D

lol, a pretty 'decent' failure... damn...

kill urself because your suppose to be cooking for 6 people and only brought 5 apples and one knife. ur obviously a pretty decent failure

lol. that's d best reply I read.

Simply line up the five apples and with one slice, remove 1/6 from the edge of each apple, giving each of the six men 5/6th an apple. (Granted, 5 will get one piece and the sixth will get 5 pieces, but each will have the same amount.)

Ok, so first off, if I'm the chef, then I'd have a really big knife. I'd use that big knife to cut three apples in half (lining them up, so as to only use the knife once, which is a waste in itself. A big knife should be used for everything.). Each man then only gets half an apple and I can either a) gorge myself on the last two in celebration of a job well done, or b) ration the last two... fruit is important on a long sea voyage, don't want the boys catching the scurvy... yarr...

Another solution would be to just give an apple to 5 of the men, leaving out the idiot who only brought five apples. God knows I didn't load the ship. I'm just the cook.

There were you->the chef,6 men->boarders of the ship, 5 apples and a knife.Several minutes later,the six men wanted an apple(but not you)each.How can you divide the apple among the six men by using the knife 1 time?

hey ....why can't v get an apple from the market by selling the knife. after all 6men r boarders of ship ...not necessarily on board now.

Make apple sauce? Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean to use the knife at all - even though I would prefer to core the apples... But I guess you could fish that out once the apples cook apart...

you are asking how can the chef divide the apple (one)! so leave 4 apples with you and cut the apple to divide it in six evenly sized pieces:) the remaining apples will be used for the rest of the travel...

Edited by mojail

you just give the first 4 an apple then the last 2 get half of one each, using the knife once to cut the apple in half

Im pretty sure this is the answer