BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

2 is under take a job

no, but close

3 ... nowhere around here / nowhere near here

no, but close

Number 3. is "He's in the middle of nowhere."

YES!

4 is excuse me (two X's crossing out two Q's)

Exactly!

1. A+ performance - guessed by GrandChasePlayer3

2 Don't have the right answer yet

3 He's in the middle of nowhere - guessed by maaji

4 Excuse me - guessed by cavein01

5 Still no answer

Nice JOB so far.

These are called Rebus puzzles. They are solved by finding a common phrase that relates to the graphical organization of the words or images.

Rebus on Wiki

'Take on a big job'

and 'simple arithmetic'?

Edited by Sanjurjo

Take on a big job..... My first answer was undertake a job, but the emphasis with the spraying of JOB made me change it. Didn't take more than 2 mins, yet these other seem to simple compared to the ones that I've done before to make any sense of. Honostly, with how these others are known as simple as they are, 8-6=2 might just be as simple as you think.

And honostly for number 5, unless you drew it exactly as the paper(?) or w/e u got this off of shown it. The little squigle on the 6 looks more like Ce and the 2 has its flex upwards... Those are NOT normal in natural handwriting (at least not for 'english as primary language' people). So that might be a hint.

If you remove a c from 8 in the upper left quadrant, then the lower right quadrant of the eight would fall and the resulting shape would be a 2, though less angular than the 2 in this typeface.

Take on a big job..... My first answer was undertake a job, but the emphasis with the spraying of JOB made me change it. Didn't take more than 2 mins, yet these other seem to simple compared to the ones that I've done before to make any sense of. Honostly, with how these others are known as simple as they are, 8-6=2 might just be as simple as you think.

And honostly for number 5, unless you drew it exactly as the paper(?) or w/e u got this off of shown it. The little squigle on the 6 looks more like Ce and the 2 has its flex upwards... Those are NOT normal in natural handwriting (at least not for 'english as primary language' people). So that might be a hint.

close for #2. For # 5, That is how I write 2s. I have bad handwriting when using a mouse, so... The six is supposed to be a normal six to my knowledge.