BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I hope no one has posted anything like this before... so here it goes....

A bus full of people is traveling over a bridge on its way to Las Vagas. No one gets on or off, but, when the bus arrives in Las Vagas there's not a single person on board. How can this be possible??????????

18 answers to this question

perhaps :-

The text states "no one got off the bus" but this does not preclude groups greater than one getting off !! So it could have stated "everyone got off the bus" which would satisfy the basic statement - tenuous but English is a minefield if you let it be so

I think the married/single word play solution is a good one, but the title "Where did all the people go George?" indicates that the people are actually gone.

(I don't get the 'George' bit)

Teleport? An inter-dimensional rift?

Or a bomb or...some sort of liquidiser...which turns the people into an ex-human mush that you couldn't technically call people or persons.

I hope its not one of those riddles that doesn't work when you write it out like ".There is not a single person left on board" is supposed to be ".There is not a single person left on bored."

I like the answer about them getting married but a bus seems like an odd place for that to happen. Then again it is Vegas...

my 2 cents

The trip is a couple resort thing and they are all heading to some where that is not las Vegas.... and the bus has got an on board bathroom....so noone needs to get off to use the bathroom when they get to las Vegas...

they were abducted by aliens.

Otherwise, 'bus full' could be a measure of the number of people. The bus traveled separately.

Or how about, the people were not on board (inside) the bus but on top of it.

"Not a single person" is pretty clear, so that means no driver too, right?

My last idea is they all died and so the bodies are not considered people.

I hope the fact that Las Vegas was spelled wrong isn't part of it.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this. because I haven't read them, but I'm pretty sure it's

THEY'RE ALL COUPLES

And people... just for reference, you don't have to be married to not be single, you can just be a couple. Just to let you know.

Edited by Alyssa