Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A plus side of the Holocaust???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 darthmat

darthmat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:55 AM

Don't feel bad, you are not the only one here who can be an idiot.

*points at myself*

#12 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:06 AM

mm.
But I was a really BAD idiot.
I just said that 6 million deaths (and that's just the jews, that's not counting the homosexuals, gypsies, feeble minded, and many other people) was for the better.
I'm startin to hate myself

#13 darthmat

darthmat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:09 AM

Don't, it was a mistake, that's all.

#14 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:14 AM

thanks.
That helped

#15 darthmat

darthmat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:21 AM

Glad i helped.

#16 Writersblock

Writersblock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:07 AM

But the holocaust did, have an upside. When most countries voted for a Jewish state, they did it out of guilt for not helping the Jews faster, and/or feeling sorry for them.

Assuming that's true, was it worth it? How many dead to form that Jewish state (not counting how many dead after its formation)? I am pretty much a Zionist, but really - the holocaust as a vessel for anything positive? Really? Don't you think a Jewish state would have been formed otherwise?

#17 darthmat

darthmat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

I honestly don't think it would have formed otherwise, I mean the Jews had no reel political representation at that time, and without a state we never would have had one.

And was it worth it? 6,000,000 deaths?

That I can not answer. 6,000,000 deaths is tragic (i know i am not giving it credit with that one word, i don't want to type up an essay). But having a state, assures us it won't happen again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users