Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ball

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
329 replies to this topic

#311 TOPHAT

TOPHAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

The answer is throw the ball as hard as you can straight up, although i would like to see someone throw straght up at their hardest whenever i did this i always ended up having to move to catch the ball

#312 scuttill

scuttill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

I would've used spoilers, but it seems senseless now in this topic...

Throw it straight up in the air and then stand there and wait ... preferably with your mouth open ... staring at the sun so that you can't see exactly right ... make sure you have plenty of $ for dental work ...

Also, I believe this depends on age. Sometimes my four year old throws a ball as hard as he can, but let's go wrong, so it goes straight down, and thus back to him. Kind of like bowling but letting go before you are actually moving your arm forward ...

#313 lulu1221

lulu1221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:35 AM

Just throw the ball up in the air and it will come right back. "everything that goes up must come down" I'm amazed at all the weird answers...lol :lol: . Some people are thinking too hard. ;)

#314 paleopod

paleopod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

Ball - Back to the Logic Puzzles
How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't hit anything, there is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it?

Spoiler for Solution

you can throw it as far as you can, then walk to it pick it up and walk it back to your original spot

#315 jells

jells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

This is not as elegant a solution, but...

If you were on a planet with just the right mass and diameter, you're hardest throw in the right direction would allow the ball to orbit the planet once (or twice, etc. depending on the constants just mentioned).

Hi how about if you stayed on this planet, went outside and threw the ball directly into the air. all that goes up must come down, there is no attachment and it wouldent hit anything. B))

#316 Bill K.

Bill K.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:03 PM

Ball - Back to the Logic Puzzles
How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't hit anything, there is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it?

Spoiler for Solution

You can just throw it straight up. Trust me, it'll come back.

#317 Dan Bruce

Dan Bruce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:39 PM

Just throw it upwards?

#318 puzzlemaster

puzzlemaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

THIS ONE REALLY STUMPED BUT I FIGURED IT OUT:YOU THROW IT UP INTO THE SKY AND IT WILL COME BACK :D :D

#319 puzzlemaster

puzzlemaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

ITS NOT LIKE AN ALIEN WILL COME AND TAKE THE BALL FROM THE AIR LOL -_-

#320 Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts