BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

22 answers to this question

a woman heard some music. soon afterward, she shot someone.

why did she do what she did?

Did she shot herself or ... I mean if it is a suicidal, probably the music reminded her of old memories ...

1. She was at a birthday party, and took a photo after they sang happy birthday as the person blew out the candles

2. she was under hypnosis, and had to shoot someone after hearing a tune

3. she was a newspaper photographer, and took a picture of the president after he entered the room, accompanied by "hail to the chief"

4. She was playing laser tag, and the game began after music played

5. She was listening to a really bad musician

6. She was a sniper, and was told to kill her mark on the cell-phone, which played a song as the ring-tone

she is a blonde and she was hearing to some song which says " shoot him if u like him"

Edited by Coolkriss

She was told that the world would end at midnight, so she gave up everything she had, except her gun. When she heard music on the TV after the airing day had ended (this used to happen..at midnight they would play the star spangled banner) she knew that she was wrong and shot herself.

Another answer: Similar scenario-end of the world at the end of the year. Heard auld-lang-syne and knew she was wrong, so killed herself.

Or yet another: End of the year: hears Auld-Lang-Syne and shoots a photograph of someone.

I believe this is one of those where you can ask yes/no questions, and there is no correct answer without them; there are many correct anwers.

So-Yes/no question: does your chewing gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Actual Yes/No question: is the "someone" she shoots herself?

Edited by statman

she was part of a mafia and was listening to what her people sent her which was disguised as a song, caught someone eavesdropping, and killed him, or found out that she was to kill someone, and killed him.

Edited by babbal

she was being robbed. her money box played a song when opened.she was wakened and used the gun under her pillow to shoot the robbers

Surely that is ilegal???? Must be a lot of money in that box

How about she was in a circus and after the musical pause for effect she shoots because she is a magicians assistant and the magician catches the bullet in his mouth - ta DAH!

Surely that is ilegal???? Must be a lot of money in that box

How about she was in a circus and after the musical pause for effect she shoots because she is a magicians assistant and the magician catches the bullet in his mouth - ta DAH!

lol! :lol: thats a good answer... but its not the real answer.

my answer is perfectly legal, the shooting being in self defence.

and there probbably was a lot of money in the box :D

REAL ANSWER

SELF DEFENCE +

WRONG PROBLEM =

Lies, excessive force isn't allowed (at least in Holland, and it shouldn't be, NEVER). Also Self defence isn't right because you're not fysically endangered, there is only someone taking some cash out of a box.

I think the most _normal_ answer, is the nurse answer, she was on a break, listening to music in the staffroom. Then her break was over and had to go back to work where she sedate someone.

Her husband is a composer. She listens to a new piece of music he has written, realizes that it is about another woman and shoots herself/her husband/the woman.

1) In many states in the US you are well within your right to shoot someone robbing you. It's an easier legal defence if they also have a weapon. but generally in the worst case you could get manslaughter or 3rd degree murder. The robber had he killed you would at best case if caught be up for second degree.

2) I have never heard a money box play music... a jewelery box that is likely.

3) I think the answer about the concert and the photograph is probably the most logical and solves the puzzle as a pun and w/o unnecessary home invasion... as does some examples with the nurse.

This would be better with questions being answered by the riddler IMO.