BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

a shadow....???

i bet you want to hold the record for the longest riddle, huh??? it sure seems like it and it would be awesome!!! :D :D

Sorry, not it

No, I don't really want to hold that title. The longer it takes for a riddle to be solved, the worse the riddle gets. At least in my mind. There's a delicate balance needed to create a good riddle so that it is neither too easy nor too vague. The longer it takes for it to be solved the more it moves into the latter's area. Especially with the mental power floating around the Den.

i don't think it's moving anywhere with people like me around........:D :D :D

Don't be ridiculous. You've had some very good guesses.

circumstance....???

are you asking for the 'we', the 'I' or the basic concept...??? :)

Nope.

I can't give any more hints. There have, however, been some previous hints/good guesses that have pretty much answered your question.

Edited by Wood

I decided to take wood's advice and go back over the previous guesses and hints. While doing that, I decided to produce the "Mother of all Recaps" for this wonderful riddle. The first spoiler are all the guesses that received the standard "sorry, no" or "nothing close yet" answers. The 2nd spoiler has all the hints given by wood as well as guesses that may have been close along with wood's responses. I added the message number for entries in the 2nd spoiler so people can go back and see the responses in their complete context. There were also a couple of guesses that were too long to quote, but I included the message number for them as well.

seem / seam *** family *** a pillow or pillow stuffing *** bride or wife or underwear or lingerie

making love *** vows *** DNA or simply genetics *** Singing *** stitches on an internal surgery

tempt fate/providence *** destiny or your future *** Conception of a child

Computer programs or algorithms *** bond *** a secret ballot, or the name of a contest winner before it's announced

atoms or molecules/molecular bonds? *** friendship through strange times....???? or just trust....????

the dead/ghost/death *** fuse, solder, or tie *** gel *** bond

some sort of liquid mixture... leaning toward making a metal alloy or some sort of plastic/synthetic material

pollution....???? like ozone layer or global warming *** unite, joi, conjoin, or merge

Quilt, patchwork, or maybe just fabric *** programming language or code *** contraction

the answer to riddles behind the spoiler *** nut and bolt *** death *** preservation... As in a funeral home preparing a body...

tattoo *** damage, pain, grief *** epoxy *** Book *** Envelope *** wire or CIRCUIT *** light switch or circuit breaker

synapses and connections in the brain *** fuse *** light bulb *** could that be the threads of this "forum"

computer, or computer hardware, or maybe more specifically a hard drive (solid state naturally)

knitting or a thread and a needle *** A Hotdog or Sausage *** ingredients *** marriage *** A TIN CAN

thermocouple *** integrated circuit *** Haggis *** the way a house is built, the inside of the human body, development of a baby

semiconductor *** sutures, ziploc bags, champions (kinda like that one), destiny, lottery winner

A Battery? solid state of course. *** how about emotions...??? like guilt.... *** cells *** the O-zone layer.

thoughts......???? secrets....???? *** gestation? Like a child in the womb *** A Balloon. *** The solar system?

siamese twins *** a brick wall *** A State Flag. With a state seal. *** football *** marriage or relationship

nice, soft padded room *** wood or elements *** Strings? As in String Theory? Maybe the "God Particle"?

results *** life *** money *** promise *** an unbreakable vow *** the Moirae *** baseball *** team sport

how about the great seal on the one dollar bill? or the bill itself? *** Sheet music

the individual note that are the thread that weaves into the fabric of the music. Metaphors are fun

Atoms? Gravity? Time? *** cacoon *** reaction *** fame or famous? Where whatever you do matters

The heart *** coffin or tomb *** the future....???? trouble....??? *** love......??? or matter....???? *** good vs evil

Mummy *** electricity...??? air...??? competition *** a vent *** computer *** radial tires *** age *** war

online chatting *** Three fates *** knowledge...??? memories...??? *** mistakes

Money, as in paper money, security thread inside *** a shadow... *** circumstance *** how 'bout a bond

partner.....???? stick.....???? fair weathered friends.. *** hypnosis....??? mind reading....??? astrology..

Tunnel? or Causeway

'most few' is an emphatic way of saying "very few"

#25 a weld - closest so far.

#34 - the answer is not a verb

#36 - It has nothing to do with sewing or knitting

nuclear fusion? - Not a bad guess, but not it.

the nucleus of an atom? Thinking maybe the "we" are the protons and neutrons with the thread being the strong force? - Nope. Not that complicated.

#53 - The answer is a tangible noun.

#58 - connection - While not correct, your guess may or may not be on the right track.

#63 - reply to a long explanation guess- Your intuitions are not all that wrong, but that's not what I am looking for.

#66 - reply to another long explanation guess - Very nice thought processes. The guess is incorrect, but you seem somewhat on the right track. Keep it up

#69 - further hint in regards to guess #64 - You were actually almost spot on regarding what most of each line was trying to say.

#88 - It has nothing to do with electronics

#100 - in reference to "similar to a weld" being a clue - That guess was merely the closest at that point. I wouldn't put too much stock in it as a clue. It would make sense after the answer is revealed, but I doubt it would get you there. I may be wrong though.

#147 - You did say "A weld is close and on the right track, and is a tangible noun" correct. Not asking for more hints just clarifying the ones you've given. - I originally just said that the guess of a weld was the closest so far. That was back on page 2 or 3 I think. We've come a long way since then. Again, don't put much stock into this as a means to solve the riddle, but don't completely forget about it either. But yes, it is a tangible noun.

I decided to take wood's advice and go back over the previous guesses and hints. While doing that, I decided to produce the "Mother of all Recaps" for this wonderful riddle. The first spoiler are all the guesses that received the standard "sorry, no" or "nothing close yet" answers. The 2nd spoiler has all the hints given by wood as well as guesses that may have been close along with wood's responses. I added the message number for entries in the 2nd spoiler so people can go back and see the responses in their complete context. There were also a couple of guesses that were too long to quote, but I included the message number for them as well.

seem / seam *** family *** a pillow or pillow stuffing *** bride or wife or underwear or lingerie

making love *** vows *** DNA or simply genetics *** Singing *** stitches on an internal surgery

Computer programs or algorithms *** bond *** a secret ballot, or the name of a contest winner before it's announced

atoms or molecules/molecular bonds? *** friendship through strange times....???? or just trust....????

some sort of liquid mixture... leaning toward making a metal alloy or some sort of plastic/synthetic material

pollution....???? like ozone layer or global warming *** unite, joi, conjoin, or merge

Quilt, patchwork, or maybe just fabric *** programming language or code *** contraction

the answer to riddles behind the spoiler *** nut and bolt *** death *** preservation... As in a funeral home preparing a body...

tattoo *** damage, pain, grief *** epoxy *** Book *** Envelope *** wire or CIRCUIT *** light switch or circuit breaker

synapses and connections in the brain *** fuse *** light bulb *** could that be the threads of this "forum"

computer, or computer hardware, or maybe more specifically a hard drive (solid state naturally)

knitting or a thread and a needle *** A Hotdog or Sausage *** ingredients *** marriage *** A TIN CAN

thermocouple *** integrated circuit *** Haggis *** the way a house is built, the inside of the human body, development of a baby

semiconductor *** sutures, ziploc bags, champions (kinda like that one), destiny, lottery winner

A Battery? solid state of course. *** how about emotions...??? like guilt.... *** cells *** the O-zone layer.

thoughts......???? secrets....???? *** gestation? Like a child in the womb *** A Balloon. *** The solar system?

siamese twins *** a brick wall *** A State Flag. With a state seal. *** football *** marriage or relationship

nice, soft padded room *** wood or elements *** Strings? As in String Theory? Maybe the "God Particle"?

results *** life *** money *** promise *** an unbreakable vow *** the Moirae *** baseball *** team sport

how about the great seal on the one dollar bill? or the bill itself? *** Sheet music

the individual note that are the thread that weaves into the fabric of the music. Metaphors are fun

Atoms? Gravity? Time? *** cacoon *** reaction *** fame or famous? Where whatever you do matters

The heart *** coffin or tomb *** the future....???? trouble....??? *** love......??? or matter....???? *** good vs evil

Mummy *** electricity...??? air...??? competition *** a vent *** computer *** radial tires *** age *** war

Money, as in paper money, security thread inside *** a shadow... *** circumstance *** how 'bout a bond

partner.....???? stick.....???? fair weathered friends.. *** hypnosis....??? mind reading....??? astrology..

Tunnel? or Causeway

the nucleus of an atom? Thinking maybe the "we" are the protons and neutrons with the thread being the strong force? - Nope. Not that complicated.

#58 - connection - While not correct, your guess may or may not be on the right track.

#63 - reply to a long explanation guess- Your intuitions are not all that wrong, but that's not what I am looking for.

#66 - reply to another long explanation guess - Very nice thought processes. The guess is incorrect, but you seem somewhat on the right track. Keep it up

#69 - further hint in regards to guess #64 - You were actually almost spot on regarding what most of each line was trying to say.

#100 - in reference to "similar to a weld" being a clue - That guess was merely the closest at that point. I wouldn't put too much stock in it as a clue. It would make sense after the answer is revealed, but I doubt it would get you there. I may be wrong though.

#147 - You did say "A weld is close and on the right track, and is a tangible noun" correct. Not asking for more hints just clarifying the ones you've given. - I originally just said that the guess of a weld was the closest so far. That was back on page 2 or 3 I think. We've come a long way since then. Again, don't put much stock into this as a means to solve the riddle, but don't completely forget about it either. But yes, it is a tangible noun.

Wow DD nice job very helpful, hope it brings an answer.

Tunnel? or Causeway

Ho-ly $h!+.....excuse my language. That is awesome! You've moved up to the top of the list of my favorite Denners!

Just to throw a small bone, #64. I say nothing more.