BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Gmaster479

Question

IT IS BACK!!! Even though I happen to be in college now (Yippee!!!), I feel that this is still going to be a great sequel to my first Mafia. This thread is for sign-ups/possible RD changes

PROLOGUE:

After the fiasco that happened at Mafioso High School, the Rich Kid and his parents were forced to move to a new town for the school year. They found this amazing mansion up on the coast and moved in. This meant the Rich Kid needed to go to a new High School, and the closest one was...

HURRICANE HIGH!!!

At Hurricane High, it was football season and it just happened to be SPIRIT WEEK! Spirit Week happened the week leading up to the big Football Game against their rival, the Knights of Guilford High. Almost everyone was excited for the big game. The quarterback and Defensive Linemen were pumped for the big game and everyone was ready to go and make sure that they won the Game. It was football season and nothing else mattered, so everyone wanted to get ready for the game. Everyone except, the Nerds.

These nerds were outcasts of this High School. They were all brilliant but also conceded and jealous. They hated that the stupid quarterback getting all the attention at the beginning of the year. They wanted to tear down the football field and put up an observatory. But they needed to kill the football fever, and they needed money.

"Money, you say?" said the Rich Kid as he eavesdropped on one of their conversations.

"I can give you the money you need, but we'd need control of this school first, and I can help you with that as well. Are you in?"

Without hesitation, the nerds got up and followed the Rich Kid back to the mansion to plan their attack.

Meanwhile, 2 other kids had just transfered into Hurricane High. They seemed as normal as anyone else, but really, they were the 2 stars of the Guilford Knights football team. Knowing they had no shot at stopping the Hurricane Team this year, they knew they needed to try and stop the quarterback and Def. Linemen before the game on Friday Night.

So, are we ready for another year of High School? Over at this high school, the Nerds are your baddies and having smart baddies can't be good?

Will there be a giant telescope on the football field?

Will the star football players be taken out before the big game?

Or can the innocents prevail and win the big game against the Knights this year?

BADDIES:

-Have BTSC

-1 Suspension per night

- Win if they are the Majority

Rich Kid - holds BTSC power for the Baddies in his new mansion. Baddies lose BTSC if he is killed

- 3x lynching power if more then 10 votes, 2x lynching power if 10 votes or less

Alpha Nerd: Smartest of the nerds. Can spy once each night.

Beta Nerd: Next in line of the Nerds. Can block one person per night

Gamma Nerd: Has a 1/4 chance of stealing a goodie's role every night.

GOODIES:

- win when the Baddies are all gone

Quarterback: The school hero that everyone knows and loves. Can end a lynch early if he can RID the person. Has BTSC with the Def. Lineman. Is immune to School Drunk

Defensive Lineman: Defense wins championships. Can block one person per night. Has BTSC with QB

Drum Major: Can either lullaby (stop player from acting that night) or fanfare (protect a player for a night)

Cheerleader: Can get BTSC with QB/Def. Linemen if she spys on both of them. 1 spy per night

Bully: Gets really enthused by all the football craziness. Chooses 1 person to pummel each night and blocks them. If pummels same person two nights in a row, he takes them out for the season.

Drama Kid: A great actor, can choose any role and pretend to be them for the night. They will act out a night action and will be shown in the Night Post, but the action will not really happen.

Student Council President: Power Hungry and controls the votes. Can make any vote count either 2x or 0x.

Goth: Chooses 1 person per night. All actions against that person get re-directed to him

School Drunk: Can get any student drunk for one day/night cycle. Stops their night action but protects them from the lynch, and their vote doesn't count in the lynch if they are drunk.

Rebel Nerd: Appreciates football enough to seperate from the pack of Nerds. Each night, host rolls a die.

1 - Killing Role

2 - Blocking Role

3 - Saving Role

4 - Steals Role

5 - Spying Role

6 - Counters any night action against him and can't be lynched

The Knights

-win if QB and Def. Linemen die before them and before Night 5

-have BTSC

Knight QB: Needs to take out the 2 star players in order for them to win the Big Game. Spy on odd nights, suspends on even nights.

Knight Def. Linemen: Can get BTSC with Baddies if he gets an RID right. 1 RID guess per night If spied on appears to be random innocent

Basic Rules

- blocking roles always prevail

- coin flip if a tie lynch

- whatever the host says goes, even if he is wrong

Host: GMaster479

THIS WILL BEGIN AFTER EVERY OTHER MAFIA CURRENTLY ON THE FORUM HAS FINISHED.

Also, there will be 2 'high-school related events', one of which has already been hinted at in the prologue :huh: .

Edited by Gmaster479

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1. MrsP

13. tpaxatb

Ok I'm in but quick questions...

If the Drama Queen acts out the Knight QB's suspend role, how will that work (actually same with Bully on second night's pummeling)

What exactly does "can end lynch early if can RID the person" mean in the Rich Kid's role? Does that mean that the Rich Kid has to RID the person with the most votes?

Does the Goth's role mean that the Goth selects another player, and then all the actions against the other player get redirected back against the Goth (wow, player can commit suicide, how appropriate for the Goth!)

[edit: add MrsP to mine]

Edited by tpaxatb

If the Drama Queen acts out the Knight QB's suspend role, how will that work (actually same with Bully on second night's pummeling)

What exactly does "can end lynch early if can RID the person" mean in the Rich Kid's role? Does that mean that the Rich Kid has to RID the person with the most votes?

Does the Goth's role mean that the Goth selects another player, and then all the actions against the other player get redirected back against the Goth (wow, player can commit suicide, how appropriate for the Goth!)

- If the drama queen acts it out it will say in the night post that it happened, but the roster will be correct

- Rich Kid can't end a lynch early, QB can. If QB sends RID to me b4 lynch, he saves him from the lynch. So yea it would be smart for him to RID the person who is going to get lynched

- For the rich kid, his power dwindles with less votes. Needs to be 10 or more for his to count 3x the normal (see HSM)

- For the Goth, yes it is just like that

Just a few questions (related to tpax's):

1) What's the purpose of the Drama Kid? If he's only pretending, isn't there no point?

2) For the goth, wouldn't only saves and spies work? Blocks would just be confusing (he used his ability and gets himself blocked? :P ), kills is suicide, and the others are self-actions. The only people who can actually help the Goth are the cheerleader, and possibly drum major and school drunk.

3) I'm guessing that for Knight Def. Linemen, he has to RID a baddie? And when he joins the baddies, does he still keep his original WC or get the baddies'? And how about Knight QB?

Just a few questions (related to tpax's):

1) What's the purpose of the Drama Kid? If he's only pretending, isn't there no point?

2) For the goth, wouldn't only saves and spies work? Blocks would just be confusing (he used his ability and gets himself blocked? :P ), kills is suicide, and the others are self-actions. The only people who can actually help the Goth are the cheerleader, and possibly drum major and school drunk.

3) I'm guessing that for Knight Def. Linemen, he has to RID a baddie? And when he joins the baddies, does he still keep his original WC or get the baddies'? And how about Knight QB?

1. Hmmm, okay I'll change the drama kid role. I was going for a whole fake night post thing but it won't be effective enough. I'll re-post his new role later

2. No, if he protects the Def. Lineman, and the Def. Lineman is targeted by Beta Nerd, then the Goth gets blocked that night and he can go on with his own action. Same with spy and save.

3. Yes, and the Knight Def. Lineman gets to have both, so the indies can set up an alliance of sorts with the Baddies.

Great. I have a few suggestions though, if you don't mind:

1. This is a flaw I've noticed when we were hosting the first High School Mafia. The Rich Kid should be able to make his vote count either 0 (or 1 if you wish to) or the 3/2 (depending on the number of players left) - if his votes are 3/2 all the time, it will be fairly easy to single him out. And since he holds BTSC, it's going to give the baddies a hard time coordinating votes.

2. Knight Def. Linesman - I wonder why you would want to give him BTSC with the baddies. I don't think the baddies would want to help the indys fulfill their wincon. You might be able to give him a more substantial ability.

*I just read your reply above* So Knight Def. Linesman gets to change sides? Does he still retain his original wincon with the indes?

3. Yes, and the Knight Def. Lineman gets to have both, so the indies can set up an alliance of sorts with the Baddies.

I don't see how that could work, what with the 2 different wincons. Wouldn't both baddie factions want to get rid of each other? It's practically impossible for both to win together, and keeping the indies from killing their 2 targets before N5 is in the baddies' interests as well.

Great. I have a few suggestions though, if you don't mind:

1. This is a flaw I've noticed when we were hosting the first High School Mafia. The Rich Kid should be able to make his vote count either 0 (or 1 if you wish to) or the 3/2 (depending on the number of players left) - if his votes are 3/2 all the time, it will be fairly easy to single him out. And since he holds BTSC, it's going to give the baddies a hard time coordinating votes.

2. Knight Def. Linesman - I wonder why you would want to give him BTSC with the baddies. I don't think the baddies would want to help the indys fulfill their wincon. You might be able to give him a more substantial ability.

*I just read your reply above* So Knight Def. Linesman gets to change sides? Does he still retain his original wincon with the indes?

Okay scsw.

1. Well that's what I liked about the last one scsw. The rich kid easily has the most substantial voting power in the game, but he had to be wise as to how he used it. Now there is an actual incentive as to when he can use it and such.

2. With the addition of the Drama Kid's new role, the goodies will be powerful, so I want to give the potential for an alliance of some sort between the 2 sides as their goals are much the same. No he isn't aligned with the baddies or on their side when he gets BTSC, his role is still the same, his wincon is still the same, its just now they have the ability to gain more information. This could be very useful and very detrimental at the same time (you can figure out how), so the Behind the Scenes strategy will have to play a key role in this.

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. Crazypainter

9. Music

13. tpaxatb

15. Magic

note to self: remove quote tags

mind you..I am playing Fantasy, then Terminator, then this one.

Edited by crazypainter

UPDATED ROLES. Changes are underlined

BADDIES:

-Have BTSC

-1 Suspension per night

- Win if they are the Majority

Rich Kid - holds BTSC power for the Baddies in his new mansion. Baddies lose BTSC if he is killed

- 3x lynching power if more then 10 votes, 2x lynching power if 10 votes or less

Alpha Nerd: Smartest of the nerds. Can spy once each night.

Beta Nerd: Next in line of the Nerds. Can block one person per night

Gamma Nerd: Has a 1/4 chance of stealing a goodie's role every night.

GOODIES:

- win when the Baddies are all gone

Quarterback: The school hero that everyone knows and loves. Can end a lynch early if he can RID the person. Has BTSC with the Def. Lineman. Is immune to School Drunk

Defensive Lineman: Defense wins championships. Can block one person per night. Has BTSC with QB

Drum Major: Can either lullaby (stop player from acting that night) or fanfare (protect a player for a night)

Cheerleader: Can get BTSC with QB/Def. Linemen if she spys on both of them. 1 spy per night

Bully: Gets really enthused by all the football craziness. Chooses 1 person to pummel each night and blocks them. If pummels same person two nights in a row, he takes them out for the season.

Drama Kid: Has a 1/3 chance of stealing a random baddies night action

Student Council President: Power Hungry and controls the votes. Can make any vote count either 2x or 0x.

Goth: Chooses 1 person per night. All actions against that person get re-directed to him

School Drunk: Can get any student drunk for one day/night cycle. Stops their night action but protects them from the lynch, and their vote doesn't count in the lynch if they are drunk.

Rebel Nerd: Appreciates football enough to seperate from the pack of Nerds. Each night, host rolls a die.

1 - Killing Role

2 - Blocking Role

3 - Saving Role

4 - Steals Role

5 - Spying Role

6 - Counters any night action against him and can't be lynched

The Knights

-win if QB and Def. Linemen die before them and before Night 5

-have BTSC

Knight QB: Needs to take out the 2 star players in order for them to win the Big Game. Spy on odd nights, suspends on even nights.

Knight Def. Linemen: Can protect the Knight QB every other night, can choose to get BTSC with Baddies AFTER NIGHT 5.

Basic Rules

- blocking roles always prevail

- coin flip if a tie lynch

- whatever the host says goes, even if he is wrong

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. Crazypainter

9. Music

13. tpaxatb

15. Magic

THIS WILL BEGIN AFTER EVERY OTHER MAFIA CURRENTLY ON THE FORUM HAS FINISHED.

Also, there will be 2 'high-school related events', one of which has already been hinted at in the prologue :huh: .

Edited by Gmaster479

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. Crazypainter

4. Riranor

9. Music

13. tpaxatb

15. Magic

I made the decision not to quit BD, the mafias just suddenly seemed to get good... I'll stay for another while

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. Crazypainter

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

9. Music

13. tpaxatb

15. Magic

If this is after all the current mafia's, that that would include my own...

Sure! I'm in!

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

9. Music

13. tpaxatb

15. Magic

feeling overwhelmed and a few new things on my plate/easel.

Sorry I have to bow out...

if you need a replacement please dont hesitate to ask.

No problem CP. Guys, music informed us somewhere that she is currently grounded and might not be on for a while so her Mafia may get put on hold so if you are still itching to play a Mafia game after the epic FM2 ends, please sign up :)

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

9. Music

13. tpaxatb

15. Magic

Hey everyone! If you are someone who wants to play a Mafia and doesn't want to interfere with the "Brush Up" one that is happening, this is more than likely going to be the one that is going on at the same time (or right after) that one. Thanks

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

9. Music

13. tpaxatb

15. Magic