BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Fantasy Mafia II

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I actually read the post, awesome writing, scsw! Status: plummeted into the abyss :lol:

Quoting tpax, I hope certain goodie roles are paying attention... Also, now that the one person that could have saved the Chimera's RID kill has passed away, the goodies will have to be even more careful about their defenses. Really, really careful.

Ok, now that that's done, I'm going to bed :P

I think this was one of the worst Night 1s in every game of Mafia I've played in my life.

So, the only person we can believe is good is ST.

The paranoia is setting in, this isn't like the other mafias I've played.

I can't believe we did that!

I know that I'm reading this in the cold light of day instead of a frenzy whilst under the >50% vote threat, but I had a feeling slick had already 'defended' himself. I'll admit I was not 100% sure coz of slicks tact or the way he may have been 'played', but why did we not offer to Spy for safety? The only person we learnt about, we killed and let a possible baddie or 'infected' baddie slide.

HUH??? yawn and i wake up to this!!!!

Oh crap!

*thinking that Slick should change his name cuz there is too much history there. No matter what he says, he comes off sounding like a baddie.

I feel horrible about this. Slick sounded just like he did so many other times when he was a baddie.

Rir is right.. we so need to rally the troops and come up with a game plan so we dont die.:unsure:

Off topic: my night was great with my old buddy! Still super cute! Bit of a hangover tho. I had a HUGE crush on him when I was young, till sixth grade.

He was my best friend till it wasnt cool for boys and girls to be friends (2nd grade?)

Edited by crazypainter

Yes LIS, there are 3 spy roles. Merchant, innkeeper and diviner. The problem is that if one of them spied on Slick then they would out themselves by telling us. And that would give the Chimera more info for a RID or whatever. :unsure:

Feel huge need to say sorry to you all.:blush:

Sorry I started the Slick wagon:duh:

Darn............

You don't need to apologize! It wasn't your fault...it was just the way things turned out. On the good side, we've learnt a few things during the day. Hopefully we can turn this game around :D

Yes LIS, there are 3 spy roles. Merchant, innkeeper and diviner. The problem is that if one of them spied on Slick then they would out themselves by telling us. And that would give the Chimera more info for a RID or whatever. :unsure:

So the Chimera, could not RID a spy role accurately *RID fail*

We could offer slick protection if he came out and then we didn't ??

I'd rather the Chimera or HoC took a Healer than a Spy role or a Kill role

It's a struggle to get into the subtle ties of this game.

So the Chimera, could not RID a spy role accurately *RID fail*

We could offer slick protection if he came out and then we didn't ??

I'd rather the Chimera or HoC took a Healer than a Spy role or a Kill role

It's a struggle to get into the subtle ties of this game.

true. on all parts. but arent rid attempts shown in the post?

Night 2 – The Beauty and the Beast

Beads of sweat trickled down the Copier’s forehead as he sat cross-legged with his eyes closed in the austere room. The walls were undecorated. On one corner of the room, there was a gray rug, where the Copier slept on. A white cup. A clear jug for water. This plain room was where the Copier spent the last few months of his life. The Copier had to keep his murderous intent hidden, and anything that could excite him – a brightly colored mat, a decorated corsage, a drop of paint – was forbidden in the room. He shook his head and bit his lips.

His innate ability to telepathically connect to other’s minds without them knowing branded him a freak, even amongst the most skilled Telepaths. It was not magic, it was something purer, something the Academics could not explain. Fearing what they cannot understand, the Academics mistreated the Copier. He was stripped of his title and his name when the power manifested during his teenage years.

Unknown to the Academics, thoughts were not the only thing the Copier absorbed, the pure emotions flowed into the Copier, agitating him. Humans are ugly creatures, and the darkest of all emotions, hidden and accumulated deep within their minds surfaced in the Copier. With no mentor, the Copier was not able to learn control and allowed his bloodlust to guide his actions. His body adapted to these raw emotions and he found himself emulating the powers of those whose minds he unconsciously read. He slaughtered dozens in the academy, and reveled in the bloodshed. He was subdued and locked in the darkest of dungeons. Until the Master freed him. He was given a new lease in life. A new purpose. Still, he was untrained, unshaped. Bouts of savagery still occurred despite his attempts to restrain himself.

But tonight was different. Tonight, he can be himself.

Tpaxtb left the inn, feeling inebriated. He carried a silly smile on his face, after the alluring waitress, Venus, gave him a soft peck on the cheek.

‘Tomorrow, for sure,’ he thought and his smile widened. He stretched and started staggering home. Less than a few steps away, he heard a woman’s voice calling him. Venus motioned him towards her. With a sheepish smile on his face, he lumbered towards her.

“I got off early. Want to go somewhere more… quiet?” she asked with a foxy voice and licked her luscious lips. Tpaxtb giggled. The two disappeared into the night shadows.

Magic walked faster. She thought she heard a madman’s soliloquy.

“Kill. Kill. Kill. Rip her bones out. Rip her heart out. Kill!” a deep voice rasped, followed by a maniacal laughter. The voice got louder and she was sure that she wasn’t just hearing things. She broke into a run.

‘Almost home!’

She turned the corner and quickly ran into her house, closing and locking the door behind her. She picked up the iron prod from her fireplace and stood by the door, listening.

Silence.

Just as she breathed a sigh of relief, *BANG*. The door gave way and standing in the doorway was a humongous man with a disheveled look. He let loose a roar and launched himself at Magic. Magic tried to hit her assailant with the rod. The man grabbed the rod, pulled it out of Magic’s hands and crushed it between his palms. The rod became fine dust. Magic tried screaming, but no voice came out.

“Let the fear set in, little sheep. Bare me your darkest secrets,” he laughed sardonically, “Well, no need to be subtle.” A petrified Magic felt an intrusion in her mind. The man’s face contorted into anger.

“Your name is Magic?! Filthy righteous magicians!” screamed the man as he flung Magic across the room. She crashed into her pottery collection. Regaining movement, she stood up and found blood dripping from her shoulder. Seeing the incarnadine drops flowing down Magic’s arms, the man let loose another blood-curdling scream and launched himself at her. He grabbed her throat and flung her down onto the floor. Losing the last shred of humanity, he started pounding the defenseless Magic.

Tpaxtb could not believe his eyes. It was as if Venus was an angel. A sweet angelic scent pervaded his nose as Venus danced in the moonlight. The diaphanous robes doing nothing to conceal her supple figure, she twirled gracefully, each move captivating tpaxtb. Butterflies, glowing an eerie red, blue and green, fluttered around her. Tpaxtb smiled fatuously as his vision blurred.

“If this was a dream, I wish I’d never have to wake up,” he whispered as his body fell limp onto the ground.

“Don’t worry, you won’t,” snickered the Enchantress as she sent away her deadly poisonous butterflies.

‘Enough! Calm yourself Copier! You must leave the scene before it is too late.’

The Copier snapped out of his blood rage when he heard the voice of his revered master in his head. He stared down at Magic, who is nothing more than a lump of flesh and blood. The Copier, feeling the raw emotions of his copy target dissipate, eased himself. His frame shrank and he reverted to his original size.

‘Yes. I will return,’ he replied as he snuck out of Magic’s house unnoticed.

Host: scsw

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

1. GMaster479

2. Magic – [?] pounded into mush by the Copier

3. underground_dan

4. Akaslickster – [Healer] plummeted into the abyss

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

7. tpaxatb – [?] put to sleep eternally by the HoC

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

10. Riranor