8. Derrai- voting for Riranor

9. crazypainter – [?] killed by the [barbarian]

10. Riranor - voting for Derrai

11. Mrs.P - [Silencer] burnt into ashes

12. ST – [?] pushed over the edge by the [HoC]

13. SG - voting for Riranor

14. woon – [?] murdered by the [HoC]

15. slick V2.0 – [Barbarian] consumed by the flames

It's true, I won't vote myself out, because you claimed my role. When you falsely claim a role so straight-forwardly, it means you're usually a baddie trying to blend in. I have not been able to get on until today, so here I am.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't claim your role i claimed my own, you are trying too use my defense against me. if the others are too blind too see you've been lying this entire time let them be my guest, i hope they understand that they're dooming themselves

Assuming that Rir called no contest above.

Day 7 – Expect the Unexpected

The citizens have decided – Riranor has to go. They gathered at the square and marched towards Riranor’s house, holding makeshift weapons and torches. Some citizens went to back alleys and crossroads, preparations to intercept Riranor in case he escapes from the main group.

The mob soon surrounded Riranor’s house and shouted streams of profanities.

“Come out!”

Their angry remarks were returned with silence. Curious, a few citizens went into the house to look for Riranor. The room was bare. The only item in the room that stuck out was an expensive-looking suit. They had found the lion’s den.

“He’s not here. But we have the right suspect!” yelled one of the men, “Search for him in groups! If you find him, do not attempt to tackle him yourself, he is dangerous! Attempt to stall him and get the guards!”

The citizens nodded and started forming small search groups. Search as they may, they could not find Riranor that day. It was as if he disappeared into thin air.

Host: scsw

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

1. GMaster479 - [Dark Mage] betrayed and shot

2. Magic – [?] pounded into mush by the [Copier]

3. IDNE

4. Akaslickster – [Healer] plummeted into the abyss

5. Lost in Space - [Enchantress] took down by the guards

6. twin_bro – [Bricklayer] hacked apart by the citizens

7. tpaxatb – [?] put to eternal sleep by the [HoC]

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter – [?] killed by the [barbarian]

10. Riranor - [Copier]

12. ST – [?] pushed over the edge by the [HoC]

13. SG

14. woon – [?] murdered by the [HoC]

15. slick V2.0 – [Barbarian] consumed by the flames

Night 8 ends when I get all your actions. Safe to say, no matter when the night ends I will make sure that the next lynch will be in human times for everyone.

EDIT: This is why I am hesitant to call a goodie win.

Edited by scsw

yes, it has been revealed, i am lying and if i get lucky there is a chance i can win this... but i have too get very lucky.

edit: took off an extra bit

Edited by Riranor

Much, much too very lucky. If only the Day post hadn't shown up as you confronted me. It's us, against you.

This is just being dragged out now. I am saving myself tonight. Derrai, you block Riranor. SG, save yourself.

Sound good?

*nod* Rir is hoping to get Derrai's ability, so that he can get a kill.

He got my ability yesterday, so he will be unable to RID himself for tomorrow's lynch, you and I are protected tonight, and even if he kills Derrai, we still have the majority vote, so we won, right?

In case you're like me and can't wait to find out results in mafia: Yes. You did win. It was all dependent on whether Derrai will be back or if I can find him a replacement. If not, you had it in the bag 1 cycle ago.

I just realized this killed the suspense - but there wasn't much to begin with.

Will explain more in the final post. Will go up during lunch.

Great work scsw! It must have been alot of sleep loss. Thanks alot for the game. I guess I won't be filling-in for Derrai. This certainly was an unusual game. I may need to change my name if I play again. I have been the first target much too often. I sure hope a lesson had been learned. In Mafia there is honesty at times.thumbsup.gif

Once again, your writing was awesome. Nice playing with ya'll.

Heh. I made probably the biggest blunder of the game, night 2.

[edit]

Take that back. LIS probably made the biggest blunder of the game, with mine right behind it :)

Edited by tpaxatb

page__view__findpost__p__196030

page__st__170__p__196265&#entry196265

page__view__findpost__p__196432

page__view__findpost__p__196592

page__view__findpost__p__196792

page__view__findpost__p__196953

page__view__findpost__p__197044/page__view__findpost__p__197102/page__view__findpost__p__197295

page__view__findpost__p__197395

page__view__findpost__p__197468

page__view__findpost__p__197579

page__view__findpost__p__197799

page__view__findpost__p__198016

page__view__findpost__p__198079

Updated roles for FM2 page__view__findpost__p__195946

Epilogue: Of Questions and Answers

Riranor [The Copier] was getting desperate. The citizens were still hunting for him, and his was pushing his ability to copy abilities to the limit; he was quickly losing his ability to foresee the citizens’ actions.

Turning the corner to find more citizens, he cursed. Closing his eyes, he dove into the future. Seeing all the possible scenarios, he backtracked. He called forward another copied ability and felt enormous strength flow through his muscles. Noting that no one was around, he scaled the watch tower. Jumping into the tower, he released all his abilities and allowed himself a short break.

Feeling the mental strain ease, he closed his eyes and summoned the Divining ability again. His eyes opened and there was white where his pupils were. Images of the future flickered through his mind. While plotting his next step, his vision started to blur. Darkness seeped in from the sides and slowly encompassed the whole imagery. Riranor suppressed a roar.

With the half-realized plan in his head, the Copier hopped down from the watch tower and started executing it.

“I will use my ability to find him!” said IDNE [Diviner], “Take me to the soul crystal.” The Captain nodded and ordered his men to let IDNE through. The air around the crystal saturated with magic. IDNE shuddered at the thought of having to use the crystal’s powers to hunt the Copier, but they had no choice.

“Do not interrupt me, no matter what happens,” he warned and sat down cross-legged by the crystal. IDNE closed his eyes and started channeling a spell. The guards jumped when IDNE’s eyes opened to reveal the white of his eyes. Feeling the magic course through his veins, IDNE redirected them to one purpose – find the Copier.

SG [Merchant] and Derrai [Witch Doctor] sat down opposite the Captain.

“We need all the help we can get. You, SG, I know you’re not a citizen, but…” the Captain was interrupted by SG.

“We understand perfectly well. This HoC business has ruined my trading opportunities. I will do whatever it takes to take them down,” said SG.

“As will I,” Derrai chorused.

“Very well, this is the plan.”

Riranor was not a greedy person by nature. But he had lived his whole life searching for the answer to this one question. It was within his reach, and he was not going to let it go. He needed to get to the crystal. While working with the Dark Mage, he realized that he can program his mind to execute different commands at specific times, giving him a way of controlling himself, even if he gave in to bloodlust and savagery. Up till now, he was still experimenting with it. Today, however, he needed to execute it perfectly.

IDNE snapped out of his trance and looked at the perplexed guards.

“He will be attacking in an hour. And he will be more dangerous than he’s ever been,” said IDNE sorrowfully, “Say your goodbyes.”

The guards looked at each other and laughed hysterically, leaving IDNE puzzled.

“Don’t you worry about us! Death? We’ve brushed with It so many times you can call us buddies!”

IDNE smiled and joined in the laugh.

Riranor ran the program through his head.

‘No turning back.’

He released all the controls in his head and summoned the wild beast that dwelled within him. Savagery replaced all sane thought, he felt strength flow through his muscles, raw magical energy flow through his veins and bloodlust clouding his eyes. The monster which was the Copier is reborn.

He leaped through rows of buildings and landed in the middle of the square, blowing a few guards away with the impact. He let loose a bloodcurdling roar and grabbed the closest guard. The guard did not even have time to register it when the Copier ripped him into half. With inhuman speed, the Copier ran through the ranks, leaving behind a trail of blood and gore. Within second, tens of guards had fallen.

“REGROUP!” yelled one guard as the Copier grabbed him by the head and smashed it onto the ground, shattering the skull and squishing the brain. The guards, refusing to let the monster win, regrouped around IDNE and the crystal. Ten, IDNE counted. Ten guards.

“Do something!” yelled one of the men to IDNE.

“I’m a Diviner. What am I supposed to do? Distract him by telling him his fortune?”

*twang* An arrow lodged itself on the Copier’s shoulder. Pulling it out as if it’s nothing more than a hindrance, the Copier turned towards the walls. Archers were aiming at him. More arrows flew at the Copier. Faster than the eye could follow, the Copier evaded them and the arrows were embedded in the ground. The Copier sent a few blasts of fire to the archers. The archers were blown apart with the walls and many others burned.

The Copier advanced onto the group defending the crystal and laughed maliciously. With one swipe, he flung five of them away, their bones breaking when they landed. The remaining guards swung their swords at the Copier. Right before they connected, flames erupted from the Copier’s body and melted the blades. The Copier made little work of the remaining guards.

He turned his attention to IDNE. IDNE bit his lips to fend away the fear and stood his ground. The Copier raised his hands to strike and just before he hit IDNE, he stopped.

Behind the Copier, Derrai was working his magic. Controlling the Copier’s shadows, Derrai pulled the Copier away from IDNE and the crystal. The Captain brandished his sword as Derrai guided the Copier walked towards them.

Unexpectedly, the Copier released its form and shrank back to his original size; the shadow shrank too. Derrai’s connection was lost since their shadows no longer connected. Riranor laughed.

“I am prepared for this! I’ve seen it,” he mocked and raised his hand. Derrai flew back, pushed by an invisible force, and crashed into a house. He turned and faced the Captain. The Captain swung his sword and Riranor disappeared and reappeared behind him, balancing an orb of fire in the air with his left hand. He slammed it into the Captain and the Captain howled from pain. His flesh seared and fell onto the ground.

SG drew his daggers and slashed at Riranor. Riranor laughed as SG managed in slashing air. He pointed his right hand at SG and grasped his fist. SG released his daggers and his hands went to his neck, tugging away an invisible hand. SG started choking.

“Your future; death.”

Riranor’s eyes widened and looked down. A blade was protruding from his body. How? He released his grip on SG and turned around to find IDNE.

“NO!” he brushed IDNE aside with a powerful swipe and IDNE flew a few meters away.

“My life force, it’s going away, NO! It’s seeping away! NO!” Riranor howled in disbelief. Using his remaining strength, he dashed to the crystal and hugged it.

“I need the answer! I NEED IT!” he screamed.

The crystal started pulsing a bright blue light and the frequency slowly increased. Soon, it was shining and a blinding light saturated everyone’s senses. Villagers from miles away saw a bright blue light covering Wyrmhaven, as if a blue sun was burning with its core in the middle of Wyrmhaven.

SG opened his eyes. Suddenly, he jumped up, remembering the catastrophe. He looked around and saw ST staring back at him.

“ST? What? Am I dead? Wait! Did I go to heaven?”

ST giggled, turned to the door and yelled, “He’s awake!”

The door opened and IDNE and Derrai walked in, smiling.

“What is going on?” asked the perplexed SG.

“We’re alive. The crystal, or whatever it was, disappeared, but in return, everyone who died since it was brought in were revived. Except the HoC. Only the Gods will know what happened to them,” replied IDNE.

“Everyone?”

“Yep. Woon, tpaxatb, slick, everyone. Except CP though. Don’t know what happened to her either,” replied Derrai. SG sighed a sigh of relief and fell back onto the bed, “Wake me up when there’s money to make!”

Riranor found himself floating in an empty space of blue light. He looked at his hands, transparent. He felt powerless, but strangely at peace, for the first time in his life. He closed his eyes and asked the question again. This time the answer was readily there.

‘It is not 42.’

The Shade howled. It had the Priest’s soul in its hands and was having fun tormenting it, when it disappeared. Sensing a huge energy imploding from Wyrmhaven’s direction, the Shade cursed.

“That wretched city again!”

It stood up and flipped the table over. Looking in the mirror and seeing his human reflection, he smiled, “It’s time to pay my old friends a visit.”

Host: scsw

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

1. GMaster479 - [Dark Mage] betrayed and shot

2. Magic – [Priest] pounded into mush by the [Copier]

3. UD/IDNE - [Diviner]

4. Akaslickster – [Healer] plummeted into the abyss

5. Lost in Space - [Enchantress] took down by the guards

6. twin_bro – [Bricklayer] hacked apart by the citizens

7. tpaxatb – [Defender] put to eternal sleep by the [HoC]

8. Derrai – [Witch Doctor]

9. crazypainter – [Myath] killed by the [barbarian]

10. Riranor - [Copier] destroyed with the Divine Sphere

12. ST – [Innkeeper] pushed over the edge by the [HoC]

13. SG – [Merchant]

14. woon – [Baron] murdered by the [HoC]

15. music/slick V2.0 – [Barbarian] consumed by the flames

Congratulations Goodies! Everyone played really well. There were some blips of inactivity, but overall, I am happy with the participation. Give yourselves a pat, all factions came close to winning.

Action list and more comments to follow.

Edited by scsw

Phew, that was kind of a close one. Close game, Copier, and good try, to all the baddies. Sadly, it all kind of unraveled in the middle, there. Good game, SCSW, I had a lot of fun. Catch you all around ;)

OK here's the deal with what happened on night 2...at that point, I had LIS and SG backwards. I really figured I had a 75% chance of being blocked and 25% chance of killed (MrsP and CP were baddies 90%). Since I had LIS as a goodie at that point....and I could only save myself once...I saved him instead of myself. I didn't want to waste the only save of myself and get blocked1 All (real time) day long I was going back and forth in my head thinking i should change my action....not doing that was the Supreme tactical error. I was waiting for the night post to go up because if i survived I wanted to post right after that to put immediate pressure on CP...i figure that my role would definitely have been outted at that point and would have needed to get rid of her. In fact, to remove all doubt all I wanted to say was 3 words: "CP, Defend thyself"

You guys don't understand how much i was hitting my head against the wall after Night2 though All the rest of the game.... I had CP, MrsP, GM, and LIS baddies. And

I

Couldn't

Do

Anything

About

It.

It was soooo frustrating to watch you guys flounder like that. Every once in a while i literally went outside and screamed at work. Especially since apparantly the baddies had caught my (obviously not subtle enough) hints about my role during the day 1 lynch and none of the goodies did (laying groundwork in case I needed to defend against lynch). Although for a while there I had GM as the Myath, since I was the only unrevealed dead role, and he was claiming it. I couldn't figure how he would have known, unless he was the myath and had taken over my defense. CP did a great job deflecting blame after our rapid-vote-change on day 1 (GM, MrsP, ST, that reminded me SOOOOO much about what happened in Mario Mafia...the sudden indecision at the 11th hour!)

The one thing i haven't quite figured is how CP was saved from the lynch without a role reveal....and how in the world CP didn't get a RID kill or infect in anywhere.

(And scsw, I still say the answer is 42! :))

Thanks Tpax! I tried to RID, I really did. I was just always wrong! I did infect as much as I could.. cant remember who, maybe 3 of you.

I also thought that I could frame someone else as the myath. Oh well.

It was great fun! SCSW, you did a fantastic job!!

There was one other point I wanted to make...

I'm surprised CP didn't want to just throttle scsw after the day 1 lynch for entitling it "Distrust and Calumnies"...Since CP was pretty much the original catalyst for the distrust and misrepresentation of slickv1.0...that was what pretty much cemented in my mind that she was at least SOME form of baddie :) (And i'm more than just a little surprised no one else picked up on it....)