BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Fantasy Mafia II

ooo good memory and question ST. Yeah if someone is infected and then saved at a later date, do they remember everything from their infirm days? What happens if they have BTSC with another team??

Possible answer to the first question?

"Priest:...The spawn will die the following night."

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why (again)

Do the HoC player loose BTSC if they become spawned by the Chimera - I guess the Hoc will not be telling anyone they are a man down. But, what about the information they have - is it "forgotten", so to speak?

I apologize. I though I had already answered the question, but it was just my memory playing tricks on me.

Good question. The HoC member will lose its ability and, with that, the lose BTSC with the HoC as well. It is only fair that there are certain restrictions on giving information:

1. The HoC member is only allowed to pass on role information of players not in the HoC BTSC group without restrictions.

2. If the player reveals to the Myath the HoC members, the Myath may not use those IDs for any sort of RID (infection/kill).

As you may guess, the same will apply to the Merchant/Baron BTSC group.

Can we have the update in one page please - if you put it in a poiler of your sig for a while we can always find it on page one

Thanks!

Was just about to do that. :)

ooo good memory and question ST. Yeah if someone is infected and then saved at a later date, do they remember everything from their infirm days? What happens if they have BTSC with another team??

They do remember. They will not know who the Myath is until the parasite infests itself, which will be too late for any saving. The only way is for the Priest to kill it. Restrictions for BTSC spawns are mentioned above.

Edited by scsw

The same list will be posted in my sig under a spoiler.

Fantasy Mafia II - The Rebuilding of Wyrmhaven

Citizens:

Win if they are the last faction standing.

Baron:

On odd nights, the Baron may use his advisors to;

Security Advisor: Protect a player from harm.

Military Advisor: Block a player from acting.

Internal Advisor: The specific details of a random event that night will be PMed to the Baron. E.g. [Player A], the Merchant, traded with [Player B].

On even nights, and only twice throughout the game, the Baron uses his influential network to establish contact with a player and BTSC is allowed between the two players for the Night/Day cycle.

The Baron may never be lynched. A lynch will only reveal the Baron’s role.

The Baron cannot be killed on Night 1. An attempted kill on Night 1 will be described as a Healer/Defender’s save, determined by a coin flip.

Merchant: Always there when the opportunity to trade presents itself, the Merchant may pick one player every night to choose to trade with. The Merchant will steal the player’s vote for the following day. May not target the same player twice. If the Merchant chooses the Baron to trade with, they gain BTSC. The Merchant will not steal the Baron’s votes, and will no longer trade at night. The same Night, and every night thereafter, the Merchant will gain 1 gold piece every night at the beginning of the night*. He/She may use it to:

1 GP: Learn the identity of a player –or– Hire a bodyguard to protect self. The Merchant will learn the identity of whoever tried to kill him/her that night.

2 GP: If the Merchant is able to RID a player, he/she may hire the player and perform any action the player is capable of.

Should the Baron die before the Merchant meets him, the Merchant will know and gain a secret ability.

* Both players will be informed of the meeting on the same night, only if both players has confirmed their actions, but BTSC is only established the next Day.

Baron & Merchant meet if:

1. Merchant chooses Baron

2. Baron chooses Merchant for BTSC

3. Should any of the Baron's advisors target the Merchant, the Merchant will know who the Baron is and may choose to contact him the next night.

Defender: Every night, may choose to protect a player. May not target the same player two nights in a row. May target self only once.

Healer: Every night, may choose to heal a player. May not target the same player twice. May target self.

Note: If the Healer has already gone through the player list, and is able to identify to the host the baddies that he wishes not to save, he may then choose any player from the list, but not two nights in a row.

Priest: Every night, may choose a player to inspect for Spawn/Spawn-infection. If the chosen player is infected, the Priest gains the Exorcise ability, on top of the inspection ability, the following night. Should the Priest choose to exorcise a player, it drains the Priest and the Priest’s vote will count as 0 the next day. The spawn will die the following night.

The Priest is immune to Spawn infections.

Innkeeper: Starts with 10GP. May use them to hire people to perform the following actions:

1GP: Hire a bodyguard to protect self from harm.

2GP: Hire a fighter from the Fighter’s Guild to defend a player.

3GP: Hire a thug to block a player.

4GP: Hire an informant to learn a player’s role.

5GP: Hire an assassin to kill a player.

He may choose to discard the whole stash at his whim, or to save himself from a lynching. Role will be revealed.

Should the Innkeeper have 0GP, he may start sending messages to players.

[on some level, the GP system was inspired by Itachi]

Witch Doctor: After being pardoned by the Baron, the Witch Doctor decides to help the citizens. Every night, she may choose to use her voodoo arts to prevent a player from acting.

Barbarian: Every night may choose to kill a player. Should the Barbarian kill two innocents, his role will be made public the same night and will be lynched if he doesn’t target a baddie within 2 Night/Day cycles.

Diviner: Every night, may make a divining on a player. The Diviner will find out the player’s role. -OR- Every other night, the Diviner may choose to forgo her divining and try to RID a player. A successful RID protect a player for the next Night/Day cycle from all intrusion attempts. Should the player be lynched, the role will be revealed.

Bricklayer: Having to work till late at night, the Bricklayer will learn the roles of all players killed that night. Every other Day, but not two in a row, he may choose to post the role, with a short message of his own, in the Day post. The Bricklayer will not be able to post the roles of dead players of more than two nights before (i.e. On Day 4, the Bricklayer may not post the role of players which died on Night 1 and 2).

The Hand of Chaos

Win if they are the last faction standing. Every night, may choose a member to kill a target player.

Dark Mage: Every night, may redirect a player’s target to any target of the Dark Mage’s choice.

Silencer: Every night, may choose to silence a player by blocking his/her actions. Any spying attempt on the Silencer will be returned as Blocked, unless the Silencer is blocked that night.

Enchantress: Every night, but not two in a row, may choose a player. Should the player have more than 50% votes stacked on him/her at any point of the Day, the player will be lynched together with the actual lynch victim. [running off someguy, Bb, UR and sparrow's ideas]

Copier: Every night, may choose 3 in-game players. A random player will be selected and the copier will learn that player’s ability to be used the next night on top of his own. The ability will be forgotten the next night, whether it is used or not, or whether a new ability is copied or not.

Fourth Circle Spawn

Win if they are the last faction standing.

Chimeric Myath [is increasingly similar to roles by Sin and Bb]

A powerful spawn from the Fourth Circle, the Chimeric Myath has multiple abilities. Every night, it may choose to use one ability every night from each pool:

Pool 1:

Every Day, may choose a dead player from that Night/Day cycle and store his/her ability. Can store up to 2 abilities. If the Myath decides to learn a third ability, a random ability from the two will be erased.

Pool 2:

The Myath may choose to infest a player with a parasitic spawn. If paired with a correct RID, the parasite will manifest itself between 1 – 2 nights (random). When the parasite manifests itself, the player will become a Spawn and join the Chimeric Myath as a vanilla and gain BTSC. Any save on the night this is attempted will block this attempt. A save by the healer any night thereafter before the player becomes a spawn will cure the player of the parasite.

Should a spawn die, the Myath may decide to learn the player’s ability, subject to the same restrictions as Pool 1.

The Myath may only have 2 spawns at any given time. If it infects a player while it has 2 spawns, the player will not be affected if at the time of manifestation, the Myath still has its original spawns.

The Myath may now try to RID infect players every night and can no longer tag players with fake parasites. RID Infest may be blocked on even nights.

Pool 3:

May use the stolen ability from Pool 1 on top of all of these. The ability has the same restrictions as the original ones.

Pool 4:

May RID kill a player, maximum of 2 throughout the game, and automatically add the player’s ability on top of the two stolen ones in Pool 3. This ability is permanent. Should the RID fail, a random member of the Fourth Circle Spawn will be randomly killed.

On Odd nights, odd pool abilities are blockable. On Even nights, pool 2 abilities are blockable. RID kill may not be blocked. Successful RID targets can only be saved by the Healer.

The Myath cannot be killed on Night 1. An attempted kill on Night 1 will be described as a Healer/Defender’s save, determined by a coin flip.

If the Myath is killed, vanilla spawn(s) will (each) gain one of the Myath's ability and will have 2 Night/Day cycles to complete a condition (predetermined, but changes depending on the abilities they gain) to revive the Myath in one of them. Should they fail, they will die on the beginning of the second Night/Day, depending on when the Myath died.

EDIT: I realized that I forgot to remove some of my notes from earlier, so it's only fair if I acknowledge everyone in the mafia community that ideas are used - UR, Frost, Bb, Itachi, Y-san, Sin, sparrow, someguy, IDNE, PM

FAQs, Annoucements and Such

1.Should the Diviner RID the player correctly, the player will be protected from all intrusions, including kills, spies, blocks, etc. If the player is lynched, his/her role will be revealed, but will otherwise remain unharmed (by the lynch).

2. Blocks, spying attempts and redirects will not be mentioned in the night post. The players who are blocked will find out that they are blocked, but will not find out who blocked them.

3. Defender/Healer saves will not be mentioned unless there is an actual save.

4. Should the Baron and Merchant meet, it will be made public.

5. What if a HoC member is infected by the Myath? Do they retain their memories? What if it was reversed?

Good question. The HoC member will lose its ability and, with that, the lose BTSC with the HoC as well. It is only fair that there are certain restrictions on giving information:

1. The HoC member is only allowed to pass on role information of players not in the HoC BTSC group without restrictions.

2. If the player reveals to the Myath the HoC members, the Myath may not use those IDs for any sort of RID (infection/kill).

As you may guess, the same will apply to the Merchant/Baron BTSC group.

They do remember. They will not know who the Myath is until the parasite infests itself, which will be too late for any saving. The only way is for the Priest to kill it. Restrictions for BTSC spawns are mentioned above.

I'm still waiting on a few night actions. Just to remind players - I'm only allowing an extension for N1, so if no actions are received within 24 hours in the coming nights, you will have no night actions.

Have fun. :)

EDIT: I was not allowed to post the roles (even with a spoiler) in my sig - so I've included a link to this post instead.

Edited by scsw

Guessing that we are still waiting on those players to send in the actions...

Yeah IDNE! Welcome bud!

Wondering when the first night post will be here.....

Today is my birthday (38) so I wont be 'round this eve. And if I am...

ignore all I say cuz I will most likely be inebriated.:wacko:

Yeah IDNE! Welcome bud!

ignore all I say cuz I will most likely be inebriated.wacko.gif

Happy bDay sweety. I already drank for you , believe me.duh.gif Now I'm sick.blink.gif

About the night post: I'm still waiting on a few actions and confirmations. Hopefully we can wrap this up in 12 hours.

Ok I say IDNE is in! Damn flakes! Not on my birthday you dont!!! I say let the game start!

Unless...coming up with odd theories....those who have not posted in here yet are quiet due

to fear. :dry:

Hmm those who havent sent the action in...important role? Baddies?

Perhaps things will look clearer after dinner and a bottle of wine. Shared of course!

Night 1 – Of Ghosts Past

The Enchantress donned her fur cloak. It was a cold night. Gusts of cold wind blew mercilessly from Frostguard Valley. She smiled. It was a premonition of death where she came from. How fitting, she thought, as she left the comfort of her home.

ST jumped up in cold sweat. This was the fifth night in a row she had the same exact nightmare. Shaking her head, she went to the kitchen and started heated up some water. While waiting for it to boil, she took a sit and pondered the meaning of these nightmares. The wind pounded relentlessly on the windows.

‘How eerie, it’s as if the dream is coming tr…’ she snapped up when the glass to the windows shattered and the pieces flew at her. ST immediately ducked under the table, escaping with a few minor scratches. Wind and snow started pouring into the house, blurring her sight.

“What the…?”

The door swung open behind her and she could barely make out the figure of two people. The dream!

“ST, we’ve come back for you,” said a man’s voice.

“Jon?!” ST asked, wide-eyed, “Jon? But you were supposed to be…”

“Dead? No, sweetie. You thought I did. You thought we did. You thought wrong,” Jon smirked as he moved closer, unaffected by the harsh wind. His flesh was pale. His eyes, lifeless. ST screamed.

The Defender cursed as he heard ST’s scream.

‘I hope I’m not too late!’ He started running at inhuman speed towards ST’s cabin.

ST kicked Jon away and saw him fall from the corner of her eyes. She looked at the woman who was behind Jon. The same dead look on her face, ST recognized her to be her other childhood friend, Yyala.

“You were supposed to be dead! I…”

“… saw us fall down the cliff?” Yyala’s body moaned, “Yes. You did. But we can’t leave you behind, can we?” She started walking towards ST. ST jumped over Jon, grabbed a knife and stabbed Jon in the chest. He smiled and whispered, “Is this how you treat an old friend?”

Yyala grabbed ST from behind. Jon pulled the knife out of his body and lifted it high, ready to stab ST.

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!” ST shouted as she jumped backwards onto the wall. The momentum knocked Yyala’s grip loose and ST ran out of the kitchen, into the Defender.

“What’s wrong?”

“The dead!” ST pointed into the kitchen.

“What?” the Defender asked with a puzzled look on his face. There was nothing in the kitchen except for a few broken windows. “I see nothing.”

“They’re there! What do you mean by you see nothing? Quick! Do something!”

The Enchantress’s winsome smile was gone, replaced with an angry visage. A minor disturbance. She started casting another spell.

“I’ll just have to remove the both of you.”

The Defender knew then what was going on. An illusion of the mind. An illusionist of sorts was behind this! The illusionist could not be out in the night – the winds were too strong. He, or she, must be in the house. But there was no time to spare. Should the illusionist changed the magnitude of the spell, the damage to ST’s mind would be beyond repair. And who knows what the illusionist’s range would be!

Looking around for a tool of some sort, he spotted the heating stone ST used to heat the water. Experience guiding his body’s action, the Defender dashed into the kitchen and grabbed the stone. He slammed it into the wooden frame of ST’s house and soon, the frame and beams caught on fire.

‘This should deal with the Illusionist,’ he thought as he ran back to ST, now letting loose jabs into thin air – comical should the situation be different. He grabbed her by the arms and ran into the night.

The Enchantress felt heat and breathed in smoke. She opened her eyes to a burning room. She cursed – it was impossible to go after them now. She used her energy to redirect the flames away from the entrance and made her way back home.

“I will have my revenge!”

ST coughed. She snapped out of her delusion when the Enchantress fled.

“Illusions,” said the Defender. ST nodded.

“Playing with my emotions and my past! Someone WILL pay!” she said angrily as the sun rose.

Host: scsw

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

1. GMaster479

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

7. tpaxatb

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

10. Riranor

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon

15. music

Day 1 ends in 24 hours. 7PM PST/10PM EST/2AM GMT.

Yeah IDNE! Welcome bud!

ignore all I say cuz I will most likely be inebriated.:wacko:

Happy Birthday CP!

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

1. GMaster479

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

7. tpaxatb

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

10. Riranor

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon

15. music- voting for Magic

Random, because Random.org helped me so much in Mario Mafia ;)

Edit: forgot the colors :D

Edited by music_luvr95

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

1. GMaster479 - voting for UD

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

7. tpaxatb

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

10. Riranor

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon

Okay just hopping on to put down a vote. I'll change it if needed after more discussion.

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

7. tpaxatb

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

10. Riranor - voting for TB

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon

Just a random vote and i will also change my vote after more discussion goes on.

edit: i had a rough day and i am off to bed and will catch up in morning, but before i go when does night end?

Edited by Riranor

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

7. tpaxatb - voting for TB

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon

Gonna try to put a little pressure for day 1. Great job defender! :thumbsup:

(boy i wish i had those story telling skills)

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon - voting for SG

Could my neighbour one of them? :unsure:

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon - voting for SG

15. music- voting for SG

Might as well even out the votes a bit.

Edit: forgot about the quoteys :D

Edited by music_luvr95

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

8. Derrai- UD

9. crazypainter

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon - voting for SG

15. music- voting for SG

Evening it up even more, at least until we know who to trust. (Hard on Day 1, I know, but we gotta try)

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster- voting for Woon

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

8. Derrai- UD

9. crazypainter

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon - voting for SG

15. music- voting for SG

Just a stab in the dark. Nothing personal.

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro - voting for Woon

8. Derrai- UD

9. crazypainter

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon - voting for SG

15. music- voting for SG

making it even :)

edit: color

Edited by twin_bro

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro - voting for Woon

8. Derrai- UD

9. crazypainter

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon - voting for SG

15. music- voting for UD

I think the evening has gotten out of hand. I just chose a random person to put pressure on