BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This is my first riddle with distinct parts that make up another riddle after they're solved. This riddle also uses a method unlike any I've seen, but that's not to say it's unique (you'll see what method I'm referring to used exclusively in the first part).Hopefully these won't have too many alternates, won't have difficulty too across the board, and hopefully it'll be fun!

Btw, the order of the parts doesn't matter, I just put them in the order I wrote them. Oh, and don't worry about the "i3iV" in the title, I'll explain that later.

There's a 5 letter word. Delete the “W” and add a “Z” and an “E,” and you get something that is a mix of a 3 letter word and a 6 letter word. Take the first half of the 6 letter word, and you get a word that has a synonym with 6 letters.

I want the first word (the 5 letter one).

3 letter word, whose letters can come after “windows,” and can come after “shr.” When you are this 3 letter word, you are pestered by a word that ends with “ment.” Add a “J” to the beginning of this word's first 3 letters.

I want the final word (that begins with a J).

Stupidity is a final flaw for us. I want an adjective that's the opposite, like outstanding, but with 1 less letter. Take the tangible noun in the middle of this word.

I want the final word (the tangible noun).

There's a 6 letter activity. Take away the “S” and an “I” and you get a title of an important person. Before this person becomes what he is, he is a what?

I want the final word (the what).

There's a 5 letter body part. Take away the middle letter and you get a creature. Reverse the order of letters and you get the first ¾ of a boy's first name.

I want the first word (the body part).

Vehicles are in my aging garage. I want a 7 letter noun that is quite brutal. Take the first 4 letters and change the vowel.

I want the final word (the 4 letter one).

There's a 7 letter word, of which the first 3 letters is the first half of something often found on 3 letter animals, and of which the last 4 letters make another animal if the “U” is switched with “A” and “N” is switched for “B.”

I want the first word (the 7 letter one).

There is a 5 letter state of being whose last three letters is a noun and adjective. Take the first 2 letters of a 3 letter verb whose subject is always plural, and add it in front of the first 3 letters of the 5 letter word.

I want the last final word.

These words are not literally meant

But rather they're intended to represent

Similar words with a singular intent

Except for one, who is the word correct

Together all these words belong

A category that is many years long

Many dollars and many members strong

What is this grand collection called?

whew, this looks like a lot of work :) Since it looks like I'm going first, I'm going to suggest that we (the guessers) refer to the initial answers as if they are numbered.

mouth

mouth - u = moth, reversed -> thom (2/3 of thomas) (I'm hoping you meant 2/3 and not 3/4. Because if you really meant 3/4, then the poor guys name has 5 2/3 letters)

Wow, either you guys are good, or I need to make these harder.

whew, this looks like a lot of work :) Since it looks like I'm going first, I'm going to suggest that we (the guessers) refer to the initial answers as if they are numbered.

mouth

mouth - u = moth, reversed -> thom (2/3 of thomas) (I'm hoping you meant 2/3 and not 3/4. Because if you really meant 3/4, then the poor guys name has 5 2/3 letters)

Yep, you got it, and my bad! I wrote this while on a long drive back home (family trip), and I was sleepy and not thinking straight a large portion of the time.

corn?

car + n +age = carnage -> carn (change the vowel) -> corn

Correct!

jail?

Looks like quite a challenge DN. Will take some time!

Si senor!

collumn ?? (this could be a possible alternate spelling for 'column'?)

First 3 letters COL are the first half of something (COLLAR) found on 3 letter animals (CAT/DOG)

The last 4 letters make another animal if the U is switched with A and the N switched with B - LUMN->LAMB

Yep!

solar

5 letter state of being - solid

3 letter verb whose subject is always plural - are

sol+ar = solar

Ach, close. Problem is, "lar" isn't a noun, nor an adjective, nor any word at all that I'm familiar with. You've got the right verb though. But I wanted the two letters from the verb to go in front.

heart?

and

prince?

I'd like to know how you got the third. It's not what I'm looking for. However, you've got the fourth!

brown

brown - w + ze = bronze = tin + copper; cop = police

Hell yeah!

So... 3, 4 and 8 still need to be solved, and the overall answer (everybody might not be familiar with the overall answer, btw, so it could be tricky... but you two are solving these so fast that I kinda doubt it ^^)

Edited by DarthNoob

Stupendous = Pen?

arbor

bored (last 3 'red')

are

ar+bor = arbor

You guys got the last two! So...

Brown

Jail

Pen

Prince

Mouth

Corn

Column

Arbor

"These words are not literally meant

But rather they're intended to represent

Similar words with a singular intent

Except for one, who is the word correct

Together all these words belong

A category that is many years long

Many dollars and many members strong

What is this grand collection called?"

Nope

It's something specific

If you guys want to know which one is not a representative, but rather the object itself (clarification if the verses weren't clear: each of the answers, except one, is not part of the overall-answer, rather, the overall-answer is made up of similar words), I can say which

Edited by DarthNoob

a name like Robert Browning......???? or a University........????

It's still a category, a collection of distinct parts. So Robert Browning wouldn't work.

You don't have it... but yet you're so close

an "Ivy League" university education

Yep! Though, the $ ain't that bad, they've got some good financial aid. Most of them, no loans under a 100 grand income, and no parent contribution under 60 grand, and free for 40 grand, or something along those lines. Huzzah! *crosses fingers and hopes to get in*

Anyway...

1i3iV - just a signature of sorts. 1i3 = 1ordi3eans, the other name I like to use online besides DarthNoob, and iV is the little hidden answer.