BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Strimko

Question

Dear Friends,

We thought you should know that on August 10, 2009 Conceptis Puzzles launched a "new" puzzle concept which they call Chain Sudoku.

It's nothing else than our Strimko concept which they simply STOLE, and now use without any authorization or licence from our end, and credits.

The Strimko concept is our original invention launched in November, 2008, at strimko.com. Since then, Strimko has been officially published on Puzzles.COM, Math Puzzle, Smart-Kit, Puzzlers Paradise, Archimedes Lab, and BrainBashers. And recently it has been published in the September issue of GAMES magazine. The Strimko puzzle is explicitly under our copyright, and isn't in a public domain.

We've warned Conceptis that if they use the idea of Strimko (under any name) with the same features as our Strimko, we will understand that as a direct and clear infringement of our intellectual property rights. They didn't accept our warning and did their step, STEALING our intellectual property for their commercial use.

It's an absolutely new situation to our puzzle Family. No one in the World before this case has dared to STOLE our ideas for commercial use. It's obvious that this situation deeply impacts and compromises us and our puzzle business especially connected with Strimko. So now we're seeking for some possibility to restore our intellectual property rights.

I'm sorry to disturb you with this matter, but I thought you must know about this extraordinaire (and quite puzzling) fact.

And just to add to the matter, here's a fantastic message from our visitor (and Strimko lover) from the US; I couldn't say better:

"This site [conceptispuzzles.com] just sprung up with “chain Sudoku” which is pretty much 100% rip on your strimko puzzles. I’ve been playing and enjoying your puzzles for a long time now and I don’t want to see your ideas get stolen."

Best Regards,

Peter Grabarchuk

The Grabarchuk Family

Edited by rookie1ja

4 answers to this question

There are the most important stages of the Strimko history in brief. We hope this will help you in finding answers to some of your questions in the unprecedented case of Strimko puzzle which is unauthorizedly used by Conceptis.

November 25, 2008

Strimko launches at Strimko.com and Puzzles.COM.

November, 2008--Present

Strimko is presenting at Mathpuzzle.com and launches at Smart-Kit, PuzzlersParadise and Archimedes' Labs, and joins Twitter. Many articles about Strimko apear on the Web.

May 30--June 5, 2009

Conceptis Puzzles (Dave Green) informs Strimko authors (The Grabarchuk Family) that Conceptis decided to add Strimko to Conceptis portfolio under another name, and can create such puzzles by themselves. Strimko authors answer that they are ready to negotiate flexibly all possible terms and conditions. Conceptis does not make any partnership proposals to Strimko authors. The negotiations failed. Strimko authors warned Conceptis that if Conceptis use Strimko (under any name) with the same features, Strimko authors will understand that as a direct and clear infringement of Strimko authors' intellectual property rights.

June--July, 2009

Strimko launches at BrainBashers, and GAMES® Magazine publishes Strimko in the September issue.

August 5-10, 2009

Conceptis posts at their website a new Sudoku version showing its alias names--their (Chain Sudoku) and original (Strimko); see this captured Google's snapshot; ~700Kb. A few days later Conceptis removes Strimko name from their page. Conceptis pre-launches and launches Chain Sudoku.

August 10, 2009

Strimko authors start a wide campaign to disclose the fact that Conceptis unauthorizedly uses Strimko puzzle.

August 14, 2009

Conceptis (Dave Green) publicly recognizes Strimko as The Grabarchuks' invention (read Post #18 on Conceptis Forum).

Best,

Peter Grabarchuk

It's a dog eat dog world out there. Money is the root of all evil. What should we do to help?rolleyes.gif

I bid you my sympathy, however, the world needs to become at peace with eachother. Please join the peace club, in this forum.

Perhaps, you can influence other opportunists not to take advantage of someone else's fortune. biggrin.gif