BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Come over here, Ill draw you in.

Quite preliminary until the end.

Very possessive, but not for him.

Do it for kicks, you know, for fun.

Twenties it is, but half of the sum.

Two would work, but I want one.

EDIT: The title is Elegant Trim - my computer doesn't like it when I hit the same letter twice, I have to watch for that. Sorry.

Edited by MrsP

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

an etch-a-sketch

but i don't think it really fits every clue

Welcome! No, it doesn't fit every clue, but I am glad to have a new guess. You never know what may spark something in someone else's brain. Please keep the gueses coming :thumbsup:

And the title is "trim"...Lace is a trim, and you can draw it in..."gather it together"

Hello MrsP ...I have been thinking.

Good morning, that is what I was going for with "elegant trim", that word. But sorry to say, you are not getting what I meant with it. Maybe you will now, since I have verified that word is a clue. Hope it helps.

No, sorry. The clues in the first part were to actually get you to get "sketch" and something else. Haven't gotten the something else yet. And still no one has gotten anything about the 2nd stanza.

I think the last line of 1st stanza points to 'her(s)' which I would have thought maybe would combine with 'sketch' to be 'sketcher(s)' but that's already been guessed. But is the missing part of the 1st stanza 'her'?

I think the last line of 1st stanza points to 'her(s)' which I would have thought maybe would combine with 'sketch' to be 'sketcher(s)' but that's already been guessed. But is the missing part of the 1st stanza 'her'?

That is exaclty what I am going for in stanza 1....and someone guessed "sketcher" and I said something like, "as in someone who sketches? no...but..." So you may have something here, can you tie anything in with stanza 2?

P.S. You were definitely right to get the (s) in there.

Edited by MrsP

That is exaclty what I am going for in stanza 1....and someone guessed "sketcher" and I said something like, "as in someone who sketches? no...but..." So you may have something here, can you tie anything in with stanza 2?

P.S. You were definitely right to get the (s) in there.

Skechers? like, the shoes, with no laces? just kinda pulling everything together, and it seems to be the direction you're leading everyone in...

Edited by Chess_Vixen

Skechers? like, the shoes, with no laces? just kinda pulling everything together, and it seems to be the direction you're leading everyone in...

Sketchers, the shoe, elegant trim being the laces, but you only need one shoe?(from second stanza)

Yes to both of you!!!

Answer is Skechers

Come over here, I’ll draw you in. --Sketch, I think we all knew that.

Quite preliminary until the end. --A sketch, like the rough draft.

Very possessive, but not for him. --Hers, possiessive "her".

Do it for kicks, you know, for fun. --Kicks is slang for shoes.

Twenties it is, but half of the sum. --Tennies, like tennis shoes. Half of "Twenties"

Two would work, but I want one. --Meaning you could come up with shoes or Skechers, but I was looking for Skechers.

Hope everyone had fun, and is not disappointed with the answer.

Hey MrsP. Great riddle. Just fyi, as I think you would like to know, Deanna gave this answer in post #19 and I think she was doing it to clarify Justkickinback's answer in post #17. Just noticed myself that she edited it in while you were responding in post #20. That old posts crossing in the ethernet dilemna. Still a most enjoyable riddle.

Hey MrsP. Great riddle. Just fyi, as I think you would like to know, Deanna gave this answer in post #19 and I think she was doing it to clarify Justkickinback's answer in post #17. Just noticed myself that she edited it in while you were responding in post #20. That old posts crossing in the ethernet dilemna. Still a most enjoyable riddle.

:o:blush::duh: OH MY GOSH, I did not see that edit! I am sooo sorry to everyone, especially deannaart. I never went back and read the old posts, and didn't see the edit. Sorry to have made this go on so much longer than it needed. Wow, I am an idiot - I better not post a riddle for a while, in case I do something like that again. So sorry everyone.

:o:blush::duh: OH MY GOSH, I did not see that edit! I am sooo sorry to everyone, especially deannaart. I never went back and read the old posts, and didn't see the edit. Sorry to have made this go on so much longer than it needed. Wow, I am an idiot - I better not post a riddle for a while, in case I do something like that again. So sorry everyone.

Hey MrsP, no worries. I was pretty sure you missed the edit, but for some reason kept my silly mouth shut, so my fault too. You are most definately NOT an idiot. It was an honest mistake. Please don't keep any of your wonderful riddles from us on account of one little goof. And thanx to PG for the credit. Happy riddling all!