BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Come over here, Ill draw you in.

Quite preliminary until the end.

Very possessive, but not for him.

Do it for kicks, you know, for fun.

Twenties it is, but half of the sum.

Two would work, but I want one.

EDIT: The title is Elegant Trim - my computer doesn't like it when I hit the same letter twice, I have to watch for that. Sorry.

Edited by MrsP

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

No sorry, you were closer with your last guess. I can't really say more...so sorry. I am sure someone can get it soon though. Sorry, I wish I could say more without giving it away.

sketchbook or a sketchpad

Or a...

No, I should say that deannaart's answer

sketcher

is right, except off by two letters. I think that is a pretty big hint, and everyone should be able to get it easily now. I have plenty of reasons for my answer in the riddle - so I would love explainations with the guesses, for "full credit" please.

Edited by MrsP

If then a metal "etcher"...

Come over here, I’ll draw you in.- the etching needle draws

Quite preliminary until the end.-artwork completed

Very possessive, but not for him.-the artwork is in a positive form"feels raised if touched"

Do it for kicks, you know, for fun.-some do it as a hobby.

Twenties it is, but half of the sum.- 20th century was the beginning of the etching revival

Two would work, but I want one.-from the piece of etched metal, many prints can be made.

I hope this is what you were wanting..

If then a metal "etcher"...

Come over here, I’ll draw you in.- the etching needle draws

Quite preliminary until the end.-artwork completed

Very possessive, but not for him.-the artwork is in a positive form"feels raised if touched"

Do it for kicks, you know, for fun.-some do it as a hobby.

Twenties it is, but half of the sum.- 20th century was the beginning of the etching revival

Two would work, but I want one.-from the piece of etched metal, many prints can be made.

I hope this is what you were wanting..

Wow!!! I wish I could say yes so badly. I didn't look up any of your facts to verify, I'm sure they are right. That is not what my riddle is about, so so sorry. That was a wonderful, thought out guess. Mine is much simpler.

LOL it's ok....I guess taking so many classes make me think to hard sometimes...

Will keep tryingduh.gif

Well it was a great guess, sorry that you couldn't get it. Please do keep thinking and guessing!!

sketcher-sk=etcher...not a metal etcher...so then its one of glass or paper

okkie dokkie....backing up.

No, not etcher at all. And I didn't say you needed to remove two letters necessarily, I just said it was off by two.

Sketched

Come over here, I’ll draw you in. Sketched(drew) the person into a picture

Quite preliminary until the end. Sketched (rough draft) art work

Very possessive, but not for him.Sketched (yours) not meant for the model.

Do it for kicks, you know, for fun.

Twenties it is, but half of the sum.

Two would work, but I want one.

For the second half, I have no idea...

EDIT: The title is Elegant Trim - my computer doesn't like it when I hit the same letter twice, I have to watch for that. Sorry.

I'm sorry to say no to you deannaart. That is not what I am going for. It has nothing to do with art at all :blink:

Edit: But that is what I wanted you to get for those first two clues, maybe not in the past, but still you've gotten where I am going with those first two clues.

Edited by MrsP

SKETCHEY.

A sketchey person can draw you in with their charms.

A sketchey person never reveals what they're up to till the end.

A sketchey person is possessive of the things he aquires.

Still got nothing for the second part...

No, sorry. The clues in the first part were to actually get you to get "sketch" and something else. Haven't gotten the something else yet. And still no one has gotten anything about the 2nd stanza.

from the second stanza: twenties-ish? burlesque dance where they kick like in a chorus line may be the "can can" and half and only need one so can? and back to the first stanza: maybe manipulating sketcher with yet undefined pows to be stretch or some form of that word? might be in keeping with can?

Anyway, all I gots. Talk about a stretch...

Yes, that is a stretch and not the one I am wanting, sorry. Maybe if you took line 2 of stanza 2 more literally it would help. Just try to take everything more literally, I guess. Don't know what to say without giving it away. I may have already done so though.

Edit: But I liked what you did with the first stanza, it wasn't right - but I liked that you changed the word a little.

Edited by MrsP