BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Same Sounding

plainglazed

Question

Meant just for good fun, like one from before.

Solve the five below, and then there is more.

Smaller in a sense, yet off the charts I can be.

Most common of man or deserted possibly.

Sometimes they'll listen, so get it off you should.

From me you would surely escape if you could.

Since no belly-aching's allowed, and he also cant fight.

We're hard to resist because the prices so right.

Found if taken over a period of time.

Make opinions count, like how 'bout this rhyme?

Similar to Eve just is not so poetic.

Served with haste, short and phonetic.

To begin the next step, a key you will need.

Entitling you to, the final answer indeed.

• Answers 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

no again, rats. not a homophone which I think you would need to make it tangible (unless I'm being dense again like I almost was with one of your last answers).

Ok well that's all my mind can come up with today, I will think on it tonight, (and I did word that one last one a little tricky).

HOWL

Thanks for coming back. Oh, I so hate to say no. Another very well thought out answer. Please do not get discouraged.

stay

(Even though I should, with guesses like that, I wont.)

You know you should never do that. And please dont give up either.

One last REWRITE:

Let it out when frustrated and bleak.

Or a means to release, so to speak.

OK, This really says the same thing but hopefully will promote some different direction.

One last REWRITE:

blurt, lax, weary (I think that's been guessed)

Now I just need to think of words that go with the original and all the rewrites :blink:

fuss? never seen one of those much less touched one.

;)

sorry to answer your question with a question. a little too much caffeine, maybe. need to eat.

sure seem to fuss over things, like with a shirt, or dress, or over their children/husband. Makes it more of a physical thing.

If you're gonna make fun of my guesses for not working perfectly, I suppose I could stop supplying them -_-

sure seem to fuss over things, like with a shirt, or dress, or over their children/husband. Makes it more of a physical thing.

If you're gonna make fun of my guesses for not working perfectly, I suppose I could stop supplying them sleep.gif

LOL....MrsP... let me get mud on my GOOD shoes, you can HEAR me fuss, you can SEE me fuss, and if you dont DUCK you can feel me fuss !!

No, please dont say that. And please tell everyone we're just joking. We are just joking aren't we? You carry a lot of respect around here and would hate to be black balled. Having too much fun. Apparantly...

Yes, we are joking. (I guess it's hard to tell online.) Would never black ball you (anyone), dunno about carrying a lot of respect 'round here though. Oh, and there is no such thing as "too much fun."

Isle,???,Deal(s), Rate, Nite.

Would it matter if I had asked about Island, and Night? Does the spelling that way matter? -Don't answer that, if you can't

Edited by MrsP

Yeah, I was joking about that respect part. Thought you could tell. :lol:

You do have the other answers listed correctly and yes, the spelling matters.

Edit: Just saw Just's comment. Too funny. I'm married with three daughters so you would think I would understand.

Edited by plainglazed

Yeah, I was joking about that respect part. Thought you could tell. :lol:

You do have the other answers listed correctly and yes, the spelling matters.

I think someone around here is a little silly today, and it's not me..and by a little I mean a lot.

ENDS...yep...for sure wrong

I'm coming to this one quite late so I tried to do a little recap. I didn't list all the wrong guesses for #2 but I do include all the clue rewrites plus what I thought to be PG's relevant hints.

1)ISLE

2)

3)DEALS

4)RATE

5)NITE

This is the original and 3 rewrites of clue #2:

Sometimes they'll listen, so let it out you should.

T'is the center half of the one for which it's known.

Left to his own devices, he devises on his own.

We know that is is a 4 letter word which can be both intangible and tangible. Both of these are referred to in the clues and I believe PG stated that the 2nd line of the clues refer to the tangible.

Here are other hints from PG that I thought would be helpful:

the first line of the original couplet and it's "edit" relate to the intangible meaning of the word and the second line relates to the tangible/actually touchable meaning of the word.

the first half of the first line of the rewrite does elude to a play on words with the answer to the rest of this line and/or the answer to the second line of this couplet (I think the second line is a little less tricky than the second half of the first line of the rewrite).

Think if you concentrate on the "get it off (your chest)" or "let it out" and try to make a connection with "escape" you can get it.

not who but what? and not make feel this way but release (or escape as before)

I actually read through from the beginning and I'm liking this riddle so far.

Hey DudleyDude--Thank you so much. I hope this is a great help to all. It is certainly for me. It also has given me the chance to make few changes which are included in the spoiler below:

1)ISLE

2)

3)DEALS

4)RATE

5)NITE

This is the original and 3 rewrites of clue #2:

Sometimes they'll listen, so let it out you should.

Left to his own devices, he devises on his own.

Left to his own devices, he "devices" on his own.

We know that is is a 4 letter word which can be both intangible and tangible. Both of these are referred to in the clues and I believe PG stated that the 2nd line of the clues refer to the tangible.

Here are other hints from PG that I thought would be helpful:

the first line of the original couplet and it's "edit" relate to the intangible meaning of the word and the second line relates to the tangible/actually touchable meaning of the word.

the first half of the first line of the rewrite does elude to a play on words with the answer to the rest of this line and/or the answer to the second line of this couplet (I think the second line is a little less tricky than the second half of the first line of the rewrite).

Think if you concentrate on the "get it off (your chest)" or "let it out" and try to make a connection with a tangible "escape" you can get it.

In response to Justkickinback's question, "who can be tangible, that makes one feel this way???"

not who but what and not make feel this way but release (or escape as before)

Thanks again DD, cheers