BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Quite Confusing

tiger_lily111

Question

1. I gave her a ______ on how the color accents ______ the room.

2. The ______ answer was given in a ______ manner.

3. Because the tooth was very ______, the girl knew she would ______ it soon.

4. The man was very ______ to ______ situations as they made him uncomfortable.

5. She was unable to ______ the undamaged ______ after her bike crash.

6. The flat ______ did not ______ for nothing; it was flaky and delicious!

7. Because of her motion sickness, the ______ route became ______.

8. While I ______ that I would like some ice cream, he does not ______ it.

9. A cleansed ______ allows the ______ of flavors to be better appreciated.

10. Though they did not break up amicably, she was rather ______ to ______ him.

11. Watermelon can be a lovely ______ in the ______ after a meal.

12. ______ going to ______ new place over ______.

13. He took ______ offense to such ______ actions.

14. The ______ booby was unfortunately the ______ representative.

15. They were unable to ______ the ______ on the matter.

SPELLING COUNTS!

• Answers 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Re-writes, as promised!

2. During her oral exam, there was a ______ correct answer, and she delivered it in a ______ manner.

6. The flat ______ did not ______ for nothing; it was flaky, delicious, and didn't have a questionable odor.

8. As we were talking, I may have ______ that I would like some ice cream, but he was unable to ______ my meaning.

10. They did not break up amicably, and even though he tended to be horrid to her afterwards, she was ______ to ______ him. She was too nice.

13. Such unpleasant, ______ actions were taken that the people objected and took ______ offense.

14. The ______ booby was unfortunately the ______ representative for the delegation.

15. They were unable to ______ the city ______ on the matter.

2.definite/defiant...or defined/defiant

8. implied/infer

13. grate/great

Hope none of those have been sloved already, didn't go back and look at everything. Sorry, just wanted to get some guesses in :) This one is great fun...or grate fun..No, great fun :)

Edited by MrsP

2.definite/defiant...or defined/defiant

8. implied/infer

13. grate/great

Hope none of those have been solved already, didn't go back and look at everything. Sorry, just wanted to get some guesses in :) This one is great fun...or grate fun..No, great fun :)

Glad you're still having fun! :lol: See my note to Athena & PG above your post regarding #2. You do have 8 correct, but not 13.

To re-cap for all: *oh so close* on 2, with 10, 13, & 14 still confusing! (re-writes re-posted below for these!)

2. During her oral exam, there was a ______ correct answer, and she delivered it in a ______ manner.

10. They did not break up amicably, and even though he tended to be horrid to her afterward, she was ______ to ______ him. She was too nice.

13. Such unpleasant, ______ actions were taken that the people objected and took ______ offense.

14. The ______ booby was unfortunately the ______ representative for the delegation.

10. They did not break up amicably, and even though he tended to be horrid to her afterward, she was ______ to ______ him. She was too nice.

pleased/please

pleased/please

No, I'm pretty sure "she" wasn't *that* nice! ;)

amoral, a moral

Doesn't *quite* go with the rather dubious "theme", but as it goes along with some of it, I'll call it an acceptable alternate answer! :)

exceptional & accept ?