BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It is the year 2012, the supposed date of the apocalypse when you receive an official letter from Traicao Corporation that reads as followed:

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to our attention that you have a special gift, very uncommon among the "normal" folk. It is our pleasure to invite you to a "tournament" of sorts, where you will be pitted against many other people with similar and different talents. There will be a gratuitous reward for the winner, and the entire tournament will be broadcasted live throughout the world for people to see.

Fighting, drama, fame, gratuitous rewards....What do you say friend? Do you accept?

Sincerely,

John Diemos

CEO of Traicao Corporation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOST NOTE: You are allowed to make alliances with other players. This means you are a team, and should probably not kill each other. If you would like to make an alliance with another player, PM them asking them, as well as a CC to me so I know who has alliances with who.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all arrive at the specified location provided in the letter: An abandoned town in the country around New York City.

John Diemos: "Welcome all of you to the Death Games! If you would just step into this conveniently located fighting arena, you can introduce yourselves."

*steps into arena*

Edited by RainThinker

• Answers 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

ooc: Aww...and I was getting so pumped to start a "Dislike Kevin" club ;)

Acacia grinned. "Cool, we're offically friends!" she exclaimed, smiling wider. "Although I don't know what you see in that guy...he's like the Joker from Batman."

"Anyhow, you wanna fight this earth guy? I don't know what they gave me in that hospital, but I think it had too much sugar," Acacia said, adrenaline pumping through her as she took out a couple knives.

Kevin snapped his fingers, "split." The cards that got sent blockk suddenly revealed that they were two cards stacked on top of each other and the second set of cards performed a surprise attack, while eh first set of cards went above Khaz and spiraled down at him.

edit: typos and incorrect grammar

Edited by Riranor

OOC: Well Brise is too nice to hate anyone...well there's an exception but I won't go into that xD

BIC:

"Sure, I love playing games ^^" Brise smiles and starts to rise in the air, "But don't you think that Kevin will be mad that we took his turn?" she pondered, looking thoughtful.

OOC: Well Brise is too nice to hate anyone...well there's an exception but I won't go into that xD

ooc: Hmm...I wonder what it is... :o

Acacia laughed, ruffling Brise's hair. "You really are too adorable...and Kevin should learn to share."

She gripped the knives harder, waiting for the right moment to let them loose.

"If you say so..." she sighs and puts her hands above her head and waves them, collecting the moisture out of the air, then sending the mass of cold water at Khaz's feet, and it freezes on contact.

"Just so you don't run away ^^ I hate it when sore losers run away..."

All four of the cards impale themselves into Khaz's body, along with Ray's sword. But he only smiles.

Strangely, his skin seems to crumble away, just like dirt....pulling the impaled weapons with it. Looking down at his now-frozen feet, Khaz turns to stare at Brise. "I had a daughter once like you...." He sighs, "It was too bad she was TOO WEAK!" Raising his hands above his head, he cries, "RAIN OF DEATH!"

Suddenly, the ground of the arena beneath everyone begins to shake and shudder. Hundreds of large chunks break free, and float high into the air. "You'll have to do more than just swipe away at me mindlessly if you really think you can even put a SCRATCH on me!"

He brings his hands down quickly, and the stones start to fall towards you. "NOW DIE!"

Edited by RainThinker

Acacia heard him yell "Rain of Death" and felt the shudder beneath her feet. She braced herself, and suddenly, rocks began flying at her. She dodged the easily-predictable attacks smoothly, and blocked a few with her daggers when she couldn't dodge. If that was the extent if his ability, at least she didn't have to worry about defense. She threw three daggers at Khaz, one where he was and two where she predicted him to move. She sprinted straight for him and took out a small sword, looking like she was about to attacdk him front-ward, but then flipped over him and attacked from behind.

Khaz simply catches the thrown dagger, and then uses it to block your attack. Grinning, he says, "Better...But it'll take more than one of you to even touch me!"

OOC: He's frozen in place by Brise, he couldn't move! XD

Edited by RainThinker

ray covers his sword in molten rock and pulls it free melting all the peices that cling to it the uses the magma to create a sheild and melt the rocks adding to the sheild then he stabs in toward khaz's chest

Acacia put on protective gloves as she saw ray take out his sword. Just as he stabbed Khaz's chest, Acacia, who was still behind him, stretched forward, grabbed his wrists, and pulled them behind him. It may not stop Khaz completely, but it's bound to slow down any earth-controlling hand movements. Hopefully he was caught by surprise and doesn't have another trick up his sleeve.

"Hey...I'm not...weak" she mumbles, looking up again, "You're not very nice!"

Her hands glow a faint blue as she pulls more water out of the air, and sends it at one of Khaz's arms, hoping to freeze that too.

Ray's sword penetrates Khaz's chest, but instead of blood...sand bleeds from the wound. "AAARGGHHH!" Khaz collapses to the ground in a heap. He seems dead, but his entire body seems to melt away into sand; leaving a younger version of himself (around 25 now) on the ground. The new Khaz stands up and looks at Ray. "My name is Khazako Mauntaro...you killed my father....prepare to die." Breaking free of his bonds of ice, he raises his hands once more. "SAND MAELSTROM!" Sand Hurricanes erupt from the ground around him, and begin racing at all the contestants; intent on killing them.

ooc: :lol: So his son was hiding inside his father's body? That's a big twist... :P Ooh, and his son reminds me of Gaara!!! :D

Acacia leaped back as sand erupted from the ground. Sand hurricanes popped out of nowhere and began chasing contestants. She raced for the wall and leaped smoothly onto it. Smiling as the hurricane that chased her crashed into the wall and disappeared, she ran across the top of the wall until she was behind Khaz and in the shadows. Acacia aimed carefully, and threw 3 knives coming at different directions at Khaz. She hoped that he was too busy controlling hurricanes to notice them.

"Oh, I'm sorry Mr...we were just trying to win :/" Brise looks concerned for a minute, then raises her hands again.

"Would you like to go swimming? ^^" She smiles and sends a wave of water down at Khazako.

Ray smiles down at the boy in front of him "was that your father?" he asks then creates a wirlwind of lava around him blocking the sand when the sand stops he retreats a couple hundred feet and sends arow like projectiles of molten rock at khaz's son

Khazako watched in suprise as Acacia managed to escape the hurricane chasing her. "You seem to be more trouble then I thought you would be..Oh well, I guess I'll have to pay special attention to you." He quickly began chanting, "Ego..voco..ex..nex..orbis..terrarum..ol..MEUS..ABBAS!" The sand that was once his father rises up, and shapes into it's previous form of Khaz's body; and is hit by Acacia's three daggers. They seem to do nothing to harm him, and a quick nod from Khazako sends the newly-created Earth-Khaz sprinting towards her; blades growing from his arms as he charges.

Acacia groaned when his sand father re-grouped himself with a little help from his son's chanting.

"Great, the last thing I need is two of them...," she muttered under her breath as she drew out her red-black sword. She leaped from the wall down, focusing her eyes on the Earth-Khaz's bladed arms as he dashed forward at her.

"3...2...1..." Acacia ducked and stuck her foot out to trip the earth guy the millisecond before he attacked. She quickly jumped onto him and pinned him down onto the ground, planning to stick daggers into his bladed arms to keep them down and sticking her sword into his heart.

Khazako only watches in interest as the attacks fly towards him. When they are about to hit him, he slams his hands downward into the ground, "Sand Shield!" The earth around him folds up and around, incasing him in rock-hard sand. Brise's water wave simply washes over it, and Ray's rock shards only impale themselves in the shell.

The Earth-Khaz reaches Acacia and swings it arm-blades at her head, trying for a death-blow.

Acacia jumped back, just narrowly missing a death blow to the head. She watched the blade swish a centimeter in front of her face with big surprised eyes.

"Hey, watch the face, will you?" she snapped, throwing a dagger at each arm and hoping to pin the bladed arms down.